Thread: One Permanent formation or Counter

One Permanent formation or Counter

Guys should i have one stable formation with same instructions no matter what or should change it in every game.
    I am on level 21 and one of the best teams (2nd quality) in my league but i m on 6th place.
    Last year i was champion but this year in the beggining my team using the same formation and instructions as last year manage to have 8 defeats in a row.i can't understand what happened.Morale was high players were better...
    I was using 4-4-1-1 as (dr,dl,dc,dc) - (mr,mc,mc,mc)-(aml)-(st) with attacking and pressing own half when i became a champion.Now i am trying with the counter formations but it's not working.
    Any suggestions?

May be you lost because your most of your opponents for the 6 loses opted for counter instead of sticking with their old formation. Check if there is anything common in the formation of at least 3 of those 6 teams that have beaten you. You have to check the formations used against you, not the one they are using currently.

It could also be the 'theory' that I said. There is something fishy going on during certain periods. One of these periods is in 3rd week to mid 4th week.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Worst teams than me with different tactics.
    One reason that i used this formation(assymetrical) is because it's not common.So probably it will be more difficult to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    May be you lost because your most of your opponents for the 6 loses opted for counter instead of sticking with their old formation. Check if there is anything common in the formation of at least 3 of those 6 teams that have beaten you. You have to check the formations used against you, not the one they are using currently.

It could also be the 'theory' that I said. There is something fishy going on during certain periods. One of these periods is in 3rd week to mid 4th week.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbird_1 View Post
    Worst teams than me with different tactics.
    One reason that i used this formation(assymetrical) is because it's not common.So probably it will be more difficult to counter it.
    I have seen others using asymmetrical formations and apparently had good results, but with my team, asymmetrical formations did not work so far even though the opponents were of lower quality. So, I suggest you to use symmetrical counter formations or if you still want to use permanent formation, find which permanent formation is the best for you, but it has to be symmetrical.

Also, maybe your squad needs to be refreshed. Find out which players are under performing or whose form have significantly decreased, and buy other players for their positions. No need to sell them if you think they still have potential to improve their quality significantly by training. Just don't use them when it appears that they are playing poorly; use the new faces. Use the under performing ones in friendlies or as late substitutes.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-26-2015 at 03:30 PM.

I refreshed my squad with new players already. Ok some of the players that had a great last season were under performing but why??Its ok to go from 8 to 7 but from 8 to 5 or 6 is too much

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbird_1 View Post
    I refreshed my squad with new players already. Ok some of the players that had a great last season were under performing but why??Its ok to go from 8 to 7 but from 8 to 5 or 6 is too much
    Something is wrong. Like I have said, it could be that the 'theory' I have said might be true, that is something picks your team and makes it perform badly or the team is hit with a lot of injuries.

Apprentice
    There are no Counter formations! You only have to use the right orders. But if you have more Players in the middlefield, you can get more possesions!

I always use one Formation for one season. Often i Change the orders. sometimes i want to have more possesion or otherwise i want to Play Counter attacks.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Well as i know there is no such thing as a permenant formation. Its just how certain formations are weak at certain parts of the field... Explit it with the right orders and you would do find.

A friend if mine used 4-1-2-1-2 ND and used the order down both flanks and long ball... Agaisnt a classic 4-4-2. Got trashed 4-0..

4-3-1-2

When a player play well in a position, don't touch him please Lol
    Well here all the whole galaxy know I just used 2 formations in ma career... 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2

Always been a fan of permanent formations. But then again, I have more 2nd placed finishes than first place, so maybe that's why. I play the game for fun so maybe that's why I do not bother playing counter formations much unless I fancy a challenge.

But here's wht I can share abt playing one formation throughout the season. If your team is on a good run, you can always expect you can beat the next guy regardless of team quality. This game is about having the right kind of players in the right formation, or playing the right formation to suit the players you have.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T