Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jackers View Post
    I'll share my results when it is over.
    ...how did it goes?..

I took Talisman's advice, used 4-5-1 v against 4-4-2. Defensive down the flanks long passing, counter on.. 2nd half changed mixed passing and took counter off. Won 3-2 against a slighly stronger opponent... Thanks for the info!
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

I took Talisman's advice, used 4-5-1 v against 4-4-2. Defensive down the flanks long passing, counter on.. 2nd half changed mixed passing and took counter off. Won 3-2 against a slightly stronger opponent... Thanks for the info!
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    1 Cup Title

Glad that helped, Kylos. Still waiting to hear from Jackers, though.

In my experience 4-5-1V is one of those formations which relies on really good players in key positions. The defensive part is strong and takes care of itself, it is the offensive part which is the tricky bit, and I really didn't get on with 4-5-1V until I got a couple of strong wingers (see this post Special Skills discussion) - with these wingers I can almost put any striker in at the front and the attack flows to the extent that I have about 90% success against any formation that is countered by 4-5-1V.
    Last edited by talisman; 08-01-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    Kylos and Buffs Mad like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Glad to see their is a win

here ihave another counter formation for 4-4-2

4-3-1-2. 4 defenders (DL - DC - DC - DR), 3 midfielders (MC), 1 attacking midfielder (AMC) and 2 strikers. With defensive team mentality, focus passing through the middle, pressing style own half, tackling style normal, passing style mixed, marking style zonal and checked both forced counter attack and offside trap.
    Buffs Mad and Adam T. Brown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    Glad to see their is a win

here ihave another counter formation for 4-4-2

4-3-1-2. 4 defenders (DL - DC - DC - DR), 3 midfielders (MC), 1 attacking midfielder (AMC) and 2 strikers. With defensive team mentality, focus passing through the middle, pressing style own half, tackling style normal, passing style mixed, marking style zonal and checked both forced counter attack and offside trap.
    Dont want to risk it....

4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?-capture2.jpg

Playing the opponent that won above.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    1 Cup Title

I am sorry for your loss

Did you play with or without arrows?

The above screenshot was opponents in the league, not mine... Though I did lose to him yesterday 3-2 (with 4-5-1v)
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    1 Cup Title

Apprentice
    Here's my contribution, played defensive way, with counter on and long passing. Also he's 8 quality points higher than me.

4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?-cats.jpg

Oh...and i forgot to say..i haven't got wings! Played with two ST's as them!
    Last edited by Bubba; 08-06-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Kylos likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    From the table on Page 1 in the pinned Counter-Formations thread at the top of this forum:

Formation 4-4-2 - Counter Formations 3N-4-1-2, 4-5-1 V-Style, 3N-2-2-2-1 Butterfly.

Narrow Diamond is not one of the recommended counters, but if you are having success with it, that's OK for you, you may have the players to pull it off.
    forget dat bullsh0t... what is the recommendation against old mourinho? (3N-2W-3N-0-2)... it says narrow diamond... >>>
    HAD MY GREATEST 2 losses from dat advice

btw mate and me always using narrowd diamond against 4-4-2 and the success rate is somewhere above 95%

dat counter database is a little bit outdatet and not up2date imho...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast