Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need to get offensive against 4-3N-2W-1

Rookie

Exclamation Need to get offensive against 4-3N-2W-1

It's a formation I face quite often. I usualy use a 4-5-1 flat with arrows on wingers. This time I dumbly followed table of counter-formations and played 4-4-1-1, losing 3-1 at home against a weaker team (I'm 40, he's 35). Now I need to overcome this result in the second leg (champions league) so I need to win by 3. I think the AMC is essential since he has no DMC, so I am thinking either 4-3N-1-2 (not too fond of it though because RW is my star) or a rather offensive 3W-3N-3W-1. Anyone has other suggestions? I'm usually more conservative but I gotta go all-in now. What instructions are better with these formations?

Below you can see how unfortunate I was to lose:

Need to get offensive against 4-3N-2W-1-screenshot_2015-12-03-10-53-50.jpg

They made 3 goals in 10 minutes during the first half...

Need to get offensive against 4-3N-2W-1-screenshot_2015-12-03-10-53-43.jpg

Never had a problem using 4-4-1-1 vs 4-3n-2w-1... What orders did you use?
    El Pistolero and Wiesse like this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Rookie
    Attacking, Mixed, Mixed, Low, Normal, Zone, Counter: On, Offside: Off. Red Arrows on Wingers and Striker.

Maybe I would be better off with through both flanks? But problem was mainly D, which by the way is my strongest sector.

You could try 4-4-1-1 normal mentality, down the flanks, mixed/long balls, counter on. red arrows on ML/R.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    1 Cup Title

Don't play down flanks. He has 4 each side and you have AMC. Mixed was the right thing to do.

Playing attacking with counter was a problem. He barely had possession yet still matched you. This tells me he countered you.
    Don't put arrows on your strikers. It messes them up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    You could try 4-4-1-1 normal mentality, down the flanks, mixed/long balls, counter on. red arrows on ML/R.
    That should be ok if it was 0-0 again, but I have to think offensively now. Isn't this too conservative for that effect?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoNBA View Post
    It's a formation I face quite often. I usualy use a 4-5-1 flat with arrows on wingers. This time I dumbly followed table of counter-formations and played 4-4-1-1, losing 3-1 at home against a weaker team (I'm 40, he's 35). Now I need to overcome this result in the second leg (champions league) so I need to win by 3. I think the AMC is essential since he has no DMC, so I am thinking either 4-3N-1-2 (not too fond of it though because RW is my star) or a rather offensive 3W-3N-3W-1. Anyone has other suggestions? I'm usually more conservative but I gotta go all-in now. What instructions are better with these formations?

Below you can see how unfortunate I was to lose:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-53-50.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	58553

They made 3 goals in 10 minutes during the first half...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-53-43.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	58554
    Last season..I used this..
    Quality about the same 4 both teams..I finished 1st and he 3rd...
    Tactic n order: Start with Normal (unless U could not score at 1st half then change to Attacking)/down both flanks/short passing/own half pressing/normal tackle/no offside/no counter
    Red arrows on AML/AMR if u dont score...
    P/s: Dont mistaken that U must attacking then u can win...as long as your team better quality..u dont need be rushed...
    Besides, U also can always used 4-4-1-1 ...red arrows on 2 flanks and AMC..normal also...same order in above...

Good luck,bro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to get offensive against 4-3N-2W-1-counter-43mc2w1.jpg  
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 12-03-2015 at 11:10 AM.

I play defensive mentality and get goals galore.. I think it depends on the players form and orders of the team... Normal mentality for me would be a safer option as your opponent is probably going to sit back and defend his lead...
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    1 Cup Title

Dreamer
    What orders to use for 4-4-1-1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Don't play down flanks. He has 4 each side and you have AMC. Mixed was the right thing to do.

Playing attacking with counter was a problem. He barely had possession yet still matched you. This tells me he countered you.

Dreamer
    for 4-4-1-1 why down both flanks and don't use mixed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dang View Post
    Last season..I used this..
    Quality about the same 4 both teams..I finished 1st and he 3rd...
    Tactic n order: Start with Normal (unless U could not score at 1st half then change to Attacking)/down both flanks/short passing/own half pressing/normal tackle/no offside/no counter
    Red arrows on AML/AMR if u dont score...
    P/s: Dont mistaken that U must attacking then u can win...as long as your team better quality..u dont need be rushed...
    Besides, U also can always used 4-4-1-1 ...red arrows on 2 flanks and AMC..normal also...same order in above...

Good luck,bro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast