Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Formation Spreadsheet

I will try and see if wins will come

Sent from my TECNO-Y4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woopypooky View Post
    for the spreadsheet, how to determine the arrows?
    Haven't really determined a way. I've toyed with putting red arrows on players that have 1 or greater on their block. Blue arrows on players with less than 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motrin; 10-22-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ampehalex View Post
    I will try and see if wins will come

Sent from my TECNO-Y4 using Tapatalk
    Remember it's just a visual aid to help with your initial setup. In game management is the other half to winning.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    Haven't really determined a way. I've toyed with putting red arrows on players that have 1 or greater on their block. Red arrows on players with less than 1.

You mean blue for less than one?

Btw this is great coding.

You mean blue for less than one?

Btw this is great coding.
    Yup... Fixed

And thanks. Feel free to make a copy and tweak away. Although I see someone's been resizing and changing the language of the sharing sheet.

Last edited by motrin; 10-22-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    Attachment 72417

Personally, I used to go ND. Solid defense (7.75), neutral middle (0), great offense (4.25). Again, high press since defense count lower than opponent attack count.
    the ('3.5') number at the upper left of the last table, does it hold any meaning? i believe it is the sum of all the numbers in the pitch.

So meaning higher than >0 is favourable? >0 should mean higher possession right?

last night i played a game with that 'number' equal to 0, and guess what? the result draw 0-0. On side note, my defence is 10, and my attack is -10
    Last edited by woopypooky; 10-22-2016 at 05:09 AM.

That number is just the sum of the whole pitch. it isn't used for any calculations. I initially put it there to serve as a quick indication of if you generally are stronger. Higher= stronger. For possession, I find that the midfield number is a better indicator. On that screenshot, it is 0. I try to get that as high as possible.

Also, this is set up assuming equal strength and not accounting for home field advantage. You'll notice this sheet won't provide you orders to get blow out wins. Because it's set up with defense first and generally, this will provide you orders where you won't get in trouble. You can tweak what the numbers around the pitch sum up or the order formulas to fit your taste.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out a way to account for team quality and home/away. But that's a far way off.

last night i played a game with that 'number' equal to 0, and guess what? the result draw 0-0. On side note, my defence is 10, and my attack is -10
    Out of curiosity, how many shots on goal/target did you have? I'd guess not too many. Seems like you had a very defensive formation.

Apprentice
    Posses 51%
    Shots 12 opponent 11
    On target 5 opponent 4
    Both managers watching .
    I using some funny formation 3-3-2-1-1.

I noticed sometimes even using formation like 4-1-2-1-2 narrow, the orders ask me attack flank? Will it be able to work? So far I haven't tested it yet. I not performing well in the league at the moment so I dont want to risk. I didnt last long in cup either. I might test it in champios league last 2 group games.

Thanks.
    Last edited by woopypooky; 10-23-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast