Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Defensive without counter?

Apprentice
    Greetings! I think that defense-counter style of play has a meaning only if you have adequately fast wingers and players with good passing. If a team has not good players on man to man game then the counter attack option is somehow deactivated by the game engine. And this should be the best case scenario. The worst and more likely to me is that if your players are not good enough they will lose the ball trying to play counter and the attacking team will engage them in their own half for longer. So I think that a good team should play counter after a successful defense, and a not so good one should not play counter but try and get out of their own half with normal style of play using short passing.
    As a conclusion I think yes you can play defense withough counter for a more safe style of play.

Στάλθηκε από το ZTE Blade A460 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

cmasaoutis, your theory is absolutly logic... but the game isn't.

I faced today an... troll opponent... at FA (thanks to this BS-Draw...). If you are right, my team hadn't played like they have. Look at the screenshot:
    Defensive without counter?-fa.jpg

I checked his player and mine... and for sure, ALL of my time were much slower, weaker...
    So... if you are right, my strategy shouldn't have worked... and you see, my team were overall better, but it's clear, my keeper can't do anything against this monsters. I played very defensive and counter.
    3 of my goals were scored by counter...

The funny side of this... my wingers only have 1 assists. My striker (2) and my MC-Playmaker (2 goals, 2 assists) scored - i played down both flanks... but assists/goals were from the middle...

And yes... I have pretty good wingers (sorted by goals)...
    Defensive without counter?-wingers.jpg

And I think... here you see, you can do your best... but aren't allowed to win vs real money.
    (btw. 2nd leg I lost at 89' 1:2, but my team also was better than him).

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Apprentice
    You are right that the game has no logic. Sometimes it seems that tactics and strategies have no influence especially if you change them in the middle of a game... BTW what a hell of an opponent was that you were facing! Sometimes I wonder if heavy token buying takes the magic of the game away. A team that never stumbles and goes all the way up may be boring at some point.

Στάλθηκε από το ZTE Blade A460 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Today worked again as I wrote in the season thread, been 2-2 I won 2-5 doing a change of orders in the 70' switching to very defensive + no counter and no off side, the thing is, that this is football, and, the team, "always" will find a way, "if have the ball" to score.

Control is all and, with high pressure+man to man and long passing and, using 1st the bonus of condition as I do and that maybe helps, then work, all is recovery, control, and no counter maybe, but the team, will find the way to go to goal, even if is in slow motion and 50 passings, that, will be 50 long passings maybe, but, for me works again and save me matches surprisingly when I switch in 2nd half to these orders.

I think... it was a cheater, because all 22 player were that quality. I also reported him, and they said, he looks like an cheater, and they will check that... since then, my ticket is open and we had to face this FA...
    With his players, all of our opponents were around 20-40% stronger...

If he isn't a cheater... this team has a cost of ~3.000€... and that's kind of crazy? stupid?
    But... positive: My team made one necessary point and was better in both games. This point was the most important point of my career, I think, because we won the Semifinals by goals (23:21).
    madflo19 likes this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of