Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Defensive without counter?

Defensive without counter?

Makes it sense, to play defensive without counter?

If counter allows your opponent to play in your own pitch, isn't it dangerous to play on counter (f.e.) with 4-5-1V against 3-0-2-3-2? Cause, they overrun you und you let them come?
    Doesn't it work better, without counter?
    If you use 3-3-2-x-x, I think counter would work better?

Does anyone tried playing defensive without counter?

Normally I play 4-5-1V, defensive/counter. Sometimes, I switch DMC to AMC, but keep playing defensive/counter and it works also, maybe better, if I would set offensive/counter off. But why? It makes no sense, to set offensive formation with counter, but it works - so works defensive without counter?

A RL-friend won the cup last season. He played 4-5-1V defensive/counter and was down 0:2, he change DMC to AMC, offensive, but kept counter on. Finally he won 3:2, opponent did only one more shot on target, not more.

For me... it's not logical... any suggestion?

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Rookie
    Exactly how to write it works . I tried it too Formation 3n - 1-4-2 , midfield and defense darts back defensively with short passing and no counterattacks. I played so about five matches and each win 3 : 0 and more . It's illogical , but it works. In T11 I do not know why, but football does not mind . Just an hour ago I played against 4-1-3w - 2 win 3 : 0th And surprisingly, it works well with an offensive mentality counterattacks and high pressure which is already complete nonsense .

Dreamer
    Nash- I am really not good with defensive/counter. Whenever I have tried it from the start, I've been overrun by better teams. Instead I have had a lot more success with normal/no counter.

But obviously, counter can be lethal in some situations. I am not sure which though, can it solely depend on how the opponent play? A hunch I have that could be wrong.

For me counter most of the time result that I loose the ball at center field and get an attack against me. But sometimes, often after advice from AM, it produces those break-away situations like every 5th minute or so.

I am going to start experimenting more with counter. Think it can be very useful if you know how to use it.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Normally I play 4-5-1V, defensive/counter. Sometimes, I switch DMC to AMC, but keep playing defensive/counter and it works also, maybe better, if I would set offensive/counter off. But why? It makes no sense, to set offensive formation with counter, but it works - so works defensive without counter?
    - Many months ago, when I was a newbie in the forum, I read somewhere that defense/counters give you the advantage to drug oppo players in your area, cut off his attacks and strike back with 1-1 attackers vs oppo defenders.
    I think this is the advantage of this formation/orders.
    But you must have reliable defenders and good fast wingers to succeed.

Does anyone tried playing defensive without counter?
    The disadvantage of counter is that oppo can also do the same and strike back with counter.
    So, if I 'm ok with the score and must be careful not accept a goal (usually in tough K.O. Cup or CH.L games) , I remove counter from my orders.
    The game anyway if finds the right conditions, will give you the chance to attack and score with that way.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    So I've tried this in CL today. Def/no counter against a stronger 4-4-2. Stats don't look bad. Can't say much based on one game though. He'll probably think he got trolled, and maybe he's right.

Defensive without counter?-defcount1.jpg

Don't know why this happened:

Defensive without counter?-defcount2.jpg
    HairDryer likes this.

you can play normal with counter, that's work to.

defensive without counter attack works 2. That's my experience

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncton View Post
    He'll probably think he got trolled, and maybe he's right.
    That's an appropriate thread title "Losing without being trolled?"

Nicely played.
    Duncton likes this.

No counter, no offside and very defensive. This is my usual 2nd strategy and with long passing + high presure tend to give me chances with 1 man doing a dribbling all alone from half field and scoring... and last times I tryed were nice goals really...

I wrote about it in some match reports, the no-offside and no counter+very defensive tend to put the players very next to the own goal. But, as always, all affect in a slighly % and always the game will create chances in attack. Last 2 times I tryed this this change of orders changed the matches absolutely creating a 1st half with 90% domination not mine, and then giving me the absolute control, so, seems is not so bad and as said, even selecting the most defensive orders and so, the game always will create attack chances, I tend to play with 10 red arrows for this reason, because the game always, will make players defend even playing attacking mentality and the arrows increase chances, so defend, the team will do it, and then I have more players avaliable for attack counters and so, when I switch to the defensive tactic, maybe one or two players will be avaliable but works great.

The important, is find the way to have the chances and possesion bar in your favour, with a initial tactic, or a 2nd.
    If a super defensive tactic, give the control and chances, thats all one need then.
    I hope I explained the idea or so xD

I also tried it, because I really wanted to know...

It was Cup first and second leg, both teams were in both games exactly the same.
    His team was 5% better than mine.

First leg, I won away 0:2 - counter on. SoT were 4:9, possession 37%/63%, passes completed 81% : 90%

Second leg, I won at home 4:0 - counter off. SoT were 9:3, possession 63%/37%, passes completed 92% : 81%

Yeah, I won at home higher, but the stats are nearly the same... so counter doesn't matter in that case?
    Duncton likes this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    so counter doesn't matter in that case?
    sometimes yes , sometimes no.
    We can see from the results (or sometimes as. manager can give us a hint).
    If formations and orders were working every time ...
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast