Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formation against 4-3w-1-2

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    I'm playing against this baby in a few hours. I'm ~100%, he is 90-100%. I can't say for sure -- he has all his 6* players on a bench atm.
    In my previous game against him I used 4-5-1 V. I had an advantage, but the game was very hard. I won 1-0, but not without a tiny drop of luck.

This time I'm going to play 3n-3w-2(mc)-1-1.
    Normal mentality;
    through the middle;
    mixed passing style (i'll probably adjust during the game);
    counter-attacks.
    Low pressing (high consumes too much energy; it's not the Cup Final);
    normal tackling;
    zonal marking style (I'd set to man-to-man for a difficult and important game; on this I'm going to conserve energy, at least at the beginning);
    offside trap is off.

I could also play 4-5-1 V again. Or 4-4-2 ND (not 4-4-2 flat), but I usually prefer to play with big amount of midfielders, which means 3-4 defenders and almost always 1 striker.

I'll get back to you with the report.

(Hello, Adam, I hope you read this! xD)
    Thanks please post report after games. I will play in 2.5h against this formation

Rookie
    Finally I found formation I can use :
    4-5-1V style, defensive with counter

I won 8-3

Today i play 3(DL,DC,DR)-1(DMC)-3(MC,MC,MC)-2(AML,AMR) -1(ST) and i win against 4-3-1-2.
    I win away 1:6.
    My team 104% and enemy was 103%, so i think, this tactic is good against 4-3-1-2.

Report, as promised.
    Champions League, he was 98%, I was 103%. Manager didn't come, and his stadium was empty. I've changed my mind and played 3n-1-4-1-1. I very rarely play without two AM* players, so that was kinda experiment.

Formation against 4-3w-1-2-preview.jpg

Formation against 4-3w-1-2-previewopp.jpg

On ~20th minute when I saw my % of completed passes is 90%, I switched to Long passes, removed defensive arrows from ML and MR, set focus passes to Mixed and scored right after that. When I scored second goal, I moved one MC do DMC position and removed all attacking arrows (3n-2n-3w-1-1). Opponent managed to score, but so did I. After that I set passes to Short, marking style to man-to-man, and finished the game.

Formation against 4-3w-1-2-statistics.jpg

I got the feeling, the opponent used man-to-man marking style and, probably, defensive menality. Or maybe I just didn't have enough players in attack. Next time I'll try 3n-1-3w-2n-1.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-16-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
    Today i play 3(DL,DC,DR)-1(DMC)-3(MC,MC,MC)-2(AML,AMR) -1(ST) and i win against 4-3-1-2.
    I win away 1:6.
    My team 104% and enemy was 103%, so i think, this tactic is good against 4-3-1-2.

which orders please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12