Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How can I deal with this formation?

  1. #1
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402

    How can I deal with this formation?

    Hi everyone, tomorrow I have a match against a rival who plays with a weird 4-4-1-1, the 4 in the middle are ML-MC-MC-MC and behind the striker have an AMR. How can I beat him? Does it work having one flank with an ML and the other with AMR

    Thank you all in advance, regards

  2. #2
    Famous Toxcatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,149
    I'd play with 4-1- or 3-2- in defence, depending on what you have.
    4-5-1 V, probably.
    It wasn't our day.

  3. #3
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Hi, I can play 4-1 or 3-2 in defense, but I was planning to play with an AMC cause he got no DMC, any tip here?

    The orders will be defensive, long, flanks, low pressure, normal tackling, zonal, offside off?

    Is balanced playing like that, one flank AMR and the other ML?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Vernie83; 01-10-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Complete answer

  4. #4
    Famous Toxcatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Hi, I can play 4-1 or 3-2 in defense, but I was planning to play with an AMC cause he got no DMC, any tip here?

    The orders will be defensive, long, flanks, low pressure, normal tackling, zonal, offside off?

    Is balanced playing like that, one flank AMR and the other ML?

    Thanks
    AML+AMR+ST or AMC+AMC+ST should work fine as well. I'd use AM* here, but it's up to you which ones and how many.

    And about that orders... Many people are asking for exact orders thinking there's an universal recipe. I don't belive in this. Why zonal and not man-to-man? Why low pressure and not high? Why Defensive mentality and not Normal? Why Long passes and not Short? Why flanks if you're going to use AMC? AMC usually means middle, AML/AMR -- flanks.
    Anyway, my point is no one can predict the right orders without seeing how the opponent is playing this game.
    I usually start with Normal mentality, Mixed passes, Offside trap is off. The rest orders depend on the opponent, and I always adjust them during the game.

    All guides about formations with exact orders are bullshit.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-10-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    madflo19 likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

  5. #5
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Hi, I know there's is not a universal recipe for the orders, but what I know about them is to me, defensive and low pressure always work well, you think it's better 4-5-1?

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Famous Toxcatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Hi, I know there's is not a universal recipe for the orders, but what I know about them is to me, defensive and low pressure always work well, you think it's better 4-5-1?

    Thanks
    In terms of game mechanics, high pressing increases condition loss (approx. by 30%), but also increase the defending efforts of your team (I believe by reducing enemy % of completed passes). So I'm curious, how exactly low pressing always works better for you, in what way? How did you check it? What parameters have you compared?
    All recomendations "use this order and not that" are prejudices.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-11-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

  7. #7
    Rookie Justin Cheong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Hi everyone, tomorrow I have a match against a rival who plays with a weird 4-4-1-1, the 4 in the middle are ML-MC-MC-MC and behind the striker have an AMR. How can I beat him? Does it work having one flank with an ML and the other with AMR

    Thank you all in advance, regards
    Hi 4141 formation for me if u wanna more safety u can play 451v style , but if u wanna more risky and may have more goal u can go with 3w122w1 cos opposite only have 1 st and 1amc , just i doesn't understand is why he put amr behide st in amc position ..?
    Season 23

    Leagues Won:19
    Leagues runner up:3
    Champion Leagues Won:8
    Champion Leagues Finallist:12
    World Cup Won :4
    World Cup Finalist:2

    *Triple Crown still hoping *

  8. #8
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    402
    Hi, first, he puts an AMR in his place but on the left he used an ML.

    Answering Toxcatl, I get better results with low pressure because I almost don't lose short passes of I go low pressure, because my line of pressure is low and I get low chances to be scored when I play against better teams, that's my experience so far, although I know I been only playing for 6 seasons, and I'm always wanna learn more

    By the way, I play with a 4-4-1-1 and won 3-1

  9. #9
    Famous Toxcatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Answering Toxcatl, I get better results with low pressure because I almost don't lose short passes of I go low pressure, because my line of pressure is low and I get low chances to be scored when I play against better teams, that's my experience so far, although I know I been only playing for 6 seasons, and I'm always wanna learn more

    By the way, I play with a 4-4-1-1 and won 3-1
    Congratulations with your victory!

    But you are wrong about how pressing works, it doesn't affect your own passes. Read the in-game description.
    It wasn't our day.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    87
    Take its just like vs a weird 451 flat like no arrow and blue arrow on mr. So i guess vs 451 u need only 3 defenders and the extra slot can go to midfield to dominate his i would have gone for3511 or 352 w blue arrow on my ml or put dml there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast