Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4-2-3-1

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    16

    4-2-3-1

    Hi guys, so i want to try out a new formation. it's the 4-2-3-1 that is as follows
    GK
    DR DC DC DL

    MC MC
    AMR AMC AML
    ST
    my only problem with this formation is that my 5 mid and ST are lined up in the opposition half. Will it leave me defensively fragile since i usually play a 4-5-1 V which has a DMC unlike this formation. Also, should the 2 MC have down arrows?
    Or would a 4-4-2 give me more solidity than this formation?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Famous Cloverfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,761
    Personally I will use 4-2-3-1 only if oppo does not use AMC.

    When I use it I play it with following arrows:
    UP arrow: wing defenders/attackers
    DOWN arrow: DCs and MCs

    If oppo has DMC I play from flanks, if not I go mixed.

    It is a good formation and sometimes it counters very well the 442flat
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣

  3. #3
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,712
    it depends from oppo quality and a good/bad day.
    If you have one good DC , you can set 3Dw-1DMC

    I don't use arrows to MCs.
    Maybe put later in the game, depending from the result.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    it depends from oppo quality and a good/bad day.
    If you have one good DC , you can set 3Dw-1DMC

    I don't use arrows to MCs.
    Maybe put later in the game, depending from the result.
    But do u think this formation can be used as a defensive tactic especially when faced with stronger opponent?,reason is I use this formation against strong teams and I kind of find it hard to win or could it be my tactics in the match?
    My tactics when faced with strong teams with dis formation is:
    Defensive mentality
    Focus passing down both flanks(or thru d middle if opponent doesn't have a dmc)
    Passing style short
    Force counter
    Low press
    Hard tackling
    Zonal marking
    No Offside trap
    Pls review dis is there anything that should be changed
    In addition,I put red arrows on my aml amc and amr as well as my dl and dr,thanks

    Although when facing teams where I'm better than them in quality I use attacking mentality focus passing down both flanks short passing high press no counter and no offside trap.I switched from 4_2_3_1 to 4_4_1_1 and 4_1_4_1 but it seems that my team doesn't like or tend to suit that style so I use d 4_2_3_1 formation and decided to stick with it but it's d tactics aspect that I'm always getting wrong but I believe that I'm learning every day as I watch d game

    Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chelses Fc; 03-12-2017 at 10:23 AM.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    87
    Pls just to chip this one guys.I would like to know the right orders and tactics for a 4_4_2 formation especially when playing against strong teams pls guys thanks

    Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,387
    I start matches with orders by default and then I change these,

    When you say:

    Defensive mentality...... I start Attacking
    Focus passing down both flanks(or thru d middle if opponent doesn't have a dmc)... I start focussing in right side, if do not work switch to left
    Passing style short... I start long and last seasons Ive played always long
    Force counter.... Counter ON
    Low press.... always High press
    Hard tackling.,.... here normal
    Zonal marking ... man to man forevah
    No Offside trap.... Offisde ON

    + 2 blue arrows for the DC's and 8 reds.

    Here my strategy by default.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    I start matches with orders by default and then I change these,

    When you say:

    Defensive mentality...... I start Attacking
    Focus passing down both flanks(or thru d middle if opponent doesn't have a dmc)... I start focussing in right side, if do not work switch to left
    Passing style short... I start long and last seasons Ive played always long
    Force counter.... Counter ON
    Low press.... always High press
    Hard tackling.,.... here normal
    Zonal marking ... man to man forevah
    No Offside trap.... Offisde ON

    + 2 blue arrows for the DC's and 8 reds.

    Here my strategy by default.
    Thanks

    Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,712
    But do u think this formation can be used as a defensive tactic especially when faced with stronger opponent?
    yes, that's why I write that it depends from oppo quality. If he is strong, no.

    Passing style short
    Force counter
    hmm, no. short passing doesn't fit with counters (on paper of course).
    better mix

    Hard tackling
    risky vs high q oppo. Maybe too many fouls and dangerous F-K.
    Better m-t-m
    Chelses Fc likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Personally I will use 4-2-3-1 only if oppo does not use AMC.

    When I use it I play it with following arrows:
    UP arrow: wing defenders/attackers
    DOWN arrow: DCs and MCs

    If oppo has DMC I play from flanks, if not I go mixed.

    It is a good formation and sometimes it counters very well the 442flat
    haha definittely can't play this versus a team with a AMC.
    Would you play this formation against a better team?

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    it depends from oppo quality and a good/bad day.
    If you have one good DC , you can set 3Dw-1DMC

    I don't use arrows to MCs.
    Maybe put later in the game, depending from the result.
    thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast