Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ibangali
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: How to beat 4-1-1-3-1

Rookie

How to beat 4-1-1-3-1

Hi All

Please help me to beat this formation. I've played against same opponent, weaker than me, several times and everytime lost.

He plays with 4-1-1-3W-1

I've tried narrow diamond, 3-1-4-1-1, 3-1-4-2, 4-1-3-1-1 but lost all the time.

Please suggest anything

4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2
    Toxcatl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibangali View Post
    4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2
    Go for 3W-2(DMC-DMC)-2(ML-MR)-2(AMC-AMC)-1.
    Back 3 up, Both DMC down and ML-MR up.
    In the next screen, Use High press and Hard tackle and Man-to-man marking. Also go for Short passing and mixed passing.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar View Post
    In the next screen, Use High press and Hard tackle and Man-to-man marking. Also go for Short passing and mixed passing.
    Thanks I'll try during next match and will provide result

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar View Post
    I lost again. I've used exact same formation and lost 3-1 home. When I was loosing 3-0 I swithced to 3w-1-1-4-1 and scored 1 goalthis is rubbish

Rookie
    Playting against this formation is nonsens! Again I lost

i was saw this thread before, since others already give much tips so i just skip this thread

but i noticed today you got lost again so i want to tell you something that they are missing something to told you earlier.

i) you should't use AMC when opponent got DMC, you need to attack on both flank or mixed, focus on middle only is useless

ii) you need DMC with down arrow when opponent got AMC,

well, your opponent play 4-1-1-3W-1, he only got 1 MC.

so, there is simple formation to beat this 4-1-1-3W-1 which is 4-5-1 V style
    Last edited by adifairus; 11-03-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
    I lost again. I've used exact same formation and lost 3-1 home. When I was loosing 3-0 I swithced to 3w-1-1-4-1 and scored 1 goalthis is rubbish
    That's because you used a variation of ND again (a bad one). You've been given two advises and you've chosen the wrong one.
    Play 4-1-4-1 with counter-attacks. Or ol' good V-style, it's almost the same.

Also, don't listen to people who give you detailed arrows and orders. They don't know what they are talking about. It is impossible to predict and plan all the orders before the game.

P.S. ND suxx =]
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    ibangali likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

I played with an opponent for quarter finals in cup, slightly weaker than me. He used this 4-1-1-3-1 formation, so I got my usual 4-5-1 V formation (normal mentality/wing focus/mixed passing/no counterattacks/normal pressing/soft tackling/zonal marking/offside traps). By 14' I was losing 0-2, and by the end of the first half, I was losing 0-3!
    In the second half, I changed to defensive mentality, long passes, counterattacks, hard pressing and normal to hard tackling. The final result of the 1st leg was 3-3!!! 2nd leg I started with the changed tactics I mentioned before, and I won 1-2, without watching the match!
    So in my conclusion:
    i) selecting formations should be based on the opponent's formation (and your players of course)
    ii) selecting tactics should be based on the opponent's quality (and the specific match of course).

Quote Originally Posted by xa0d3kt1s View Post
    I played with an opponent for quarter finals in cup, slightly weaker than me. He used this 4-1-1-3-1 formation, so I got my usual 4-5-1 V formation (normal mentality/wing focus/mixed passing/no counterattacks/normal pressing/soft tackling/zonal marking/offside traps). By 14' I was losing 0-2, and by the end of the first half, I was losing 0-3!
    In the second half, I changed to defensive mentality, long passes, counterattacks, hard pressing and normal to hard tackling. The final result of the 1st leg was 3-3!!! 2nd leg I started with the changed tactics I mentioned before, and I won 1-2, without watching the match!
    So in my conclusion:
    i) selecting formations should be based on the opponent's formation (and your players of course)
    ii) selecting tactics should be based on the opponent's quality (and the specific match of course).
    But (ii) is itself in contradiction to your case that your described above.
    Against a slightly weaker team, logically the mentalily should be normal, and the fact that you are playing at home, it should even be more towards normal or even towards attacking rather than defensive.

Sometimes there is no real logic with respect to the opponent's quality and the situation itself, but more with what the engine chose as to be the correct starting orders, which might have been random.
    Last edited by Tactician; 10-02-2019 at 06:33 PM.