Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ibangali
  • 2 Post By Siddas
  • 1 Post By Vynacio

Thread: How to tackle 5-4-1 flat

How to tackle 5-4-1 flat

5-4-1 flat looks a very defensive tactic
    I've never encountered this formation before ever.
    struggling to find a way in.
    I'm a 7 * and my opponent is 6*
    I wanted to play 4-4-2 but with my having very little options at ML and MR I'm struggling to find a way past.
    anyone have any good success against 5-4-1 flat without playing ML-MR
    I think he's done his homework on me and made himself very hard to beat.
    any idea's ?

U should do 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. According to my experience, that formation is really tought to beat. I narrowly defeat that guy 2-1. I usually play 3-1-2-3-1 and must switch to traditional 4 4 2. 2 Strikers must be used to keep the pressure against the 3 opponent DCs. The Wingers are the key to success since they are the best choice to drill the wings of your opponent. So, u can use AML and AMR instead of ML and MR.
    Good luck my friend!

Wrong section to ask, anyway, as Vynacio suggested for 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 can go for counter 5-4-1 or chose any of the followings:

3N-1-4-2, 3N-4-1-2, 3N-1-3MC-2WAM-1, 3N-1-5-1

I believe best trick is when oppo has 5 at the back you leave 3+1 for your back and control the midfield, ; like 5-4-1 comes with 4 midfielders, you go with +1 or more; good luck
    Last edited by ibangali; 03-16-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Toxcatl likes this.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

I went 3dc-3cm-2wingers-2st and smashed him 6-0. game was over in 30 mins as my wingers and 2 strikers just went on a scoring spree.
    one of the hardest teams on quality i've played but i totally dominated the game.
    ibangali and Morph55 like this.

If you look closely, in a zone, if your opponent has 1 player, you must at least have 1 player in that zone, 2 is better. Out-number the opponent is the best tactic in football, except if your opponent has Messi on the field! XD
    herohamada97 likes this.