Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crystynel
  • 1 Post By Narf

Thread: how to beat 4-4-2??

how to beat 4-4-2??

hello guys, I really need your help..I recently have lost a playoff cup match to a team which uses a 4-4-2 classic formation which I played at home..... I used 4-1-2-1-2 formation in that match.. previously I always won any match against a team with 4-4-2 formation with narrow diamond formation.. I don't know what's wrong.. My players were all fully fit and their morale were maximum..

these are the statistic and some details about the match and his team formation..

how to beat 4-4-2??-busbaun2.jpghow to beat 4-4-2??-busbaun1.jpghow to beat 4-4-2??-busbaun3.jpghow to beat 4-4-2??-busbaun4.jpg

during the match, I used the following instruction:
    attacking, through the middle, whole pitch, hard tackling, short passing style, zonal marking, no counter, no offside trap with a red arrow on my DMC...

how could I lose the match at home?? My team is very much better in terms of quality.. 2 days ago, I've won another match against a 4-4-2 team with the exact narrow diamond formation and instruction..

the next match will be played tomorrow.. I really need to make an overturn guys.. I expect he's gonna use the same formation...

what is your suggestion for me to win the next match by 3 goals??

Rookie
    i recommend 4-5-1 V style, normal attack, both flanks, own half, short pass, normal tackle, zonal, no off and no counter

red arrows on DL/DR and AML/AMR
    kaukasgr likes this.

Dreamer
    I think everybody should at least post the results they got after they have received advice here. Here's my feedback:

Either the game had another brain fart or 4-5-1 V Style deffinately doesn't work for me. Second time I've used this formation and for the second time I lost, although the first one was playing 3-1-4-2.

Lost 1:2 home for the CL against a team 9 skills lower than mine.

- Red arrows on AML, AMR, DL, DR;
    - Attacking mentality (switched to Hard attacking after he scored in the 9' minute)
    - Down both flanks
    - Own half pressing
    - Normal tackling
    - Mixed passing
    - Zonal marking
    - No counter-attacks or offside trap
    - 2 players with at Very good mentality, rest of them at Superb.
    - Condition was 85% at minimum, even though I had a match earlier today. The opponent had a match less than an hour ago, so he was around 70% at best!

To add insult to injury, I beat him on every statistic except for Total shots (12:15) and Shots on target (4:8) - I am playing a God damn attacking game!

Btw, noticed something quite strange - his 2 best players are a 4-star Dribbler MR and a 5-star ST placed on the right side and they scored both goals with the ST assisting for the 2nd. Yet, after the match guess who has the lowest condition - my DL and DC that was put on the left side (my left, his right so they didn't have to play against his strongest players).

The away match is in 2 days, so any suggestions are welcome - just don't tell me to use the diamond or butterfly please, I'm seeing way too many mixed reactions for it, with the more recent ones saying they no longer work against 4-4-2 Classic. I'm thinking one of the following:

- 4-5-1 V Style - hoping this first match was a fluke
    - 4-4-2 Classic - hoping to play it down to skill difference
    - 4-2MC-3W-1 - switched to that last one in the last 10 mins and to my surprise I got more ball possession, so I guess that's something
    Last edited by Narf; 04-25-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    hullabaloo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bonyzan View Post
    hello guys, I really need your help..I recently have lost a playoff cup match to a team which uses a 4-4-2 classic formation which I played at home..... I used 4-1-2-1-2 formation in that match.. previously I always won any match against a team with 4-4-2 formation with narrow diamond formation.. I don't know what's wrong.. My players were all fully fit and their morale were maximum..

these are the statistic and some details about the match and his team formation..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	busbaun2.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	5227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	busbaun1.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	5228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	busbaun3.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	5229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	busbaun4.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	5230

during the match, I used the following instruction:
    attacking, through the middle, whole pitch, hard tackling, short passing style, zonal marking, no counter, no offside trap with a red arrow on my DMC...

how could I lose the match at home?? My team is very much better in terms of quality.. 2 days ago, I've won another match against a 4-4-2 team with the exact narrow diamond formation and instruction..

the next match will be played tomorrow.. I really need to make an overturn guys.. I expect he's gonna use the same formation...

what is your suggestion for me to win the next match by 3 goals??

To win against 4-2-2 ..use 4-5-1v which looks like this

————-ST—————
    AML———————AMR
    ———MC——-MC———
    ————-DMC (UP)———
    DL—- —-DC–DC———DR

If you are losing add arrows to both sets of wingers to give you an extra edge
    Orders:
    Mentality: Depends how many you want to win by, go for an attacking against weaker teams and vice verse for stronger.
    Passing: Mixed
    Pressing: Own half without offside trap, full pitch with fast defenders and offside trap.
    The others do not really matter, just make sure your opponent has no AM when you do the offside or counter attack.

Addicted
    4-5-1V has stopped working against the 4-4-2 a long time ago, same with the narrow diamond.

Another choice is crisrmast tree. Attacking mentality, through the middle with short passing.
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    4-5-1V has stopped working against the 4-4-2 a long time ago, same with the narrow diamond.
    Really? it's always work well for me.
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

3N-2-2-2-1 butterfly!

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC