Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Farewell to a LEDGEND

Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    School should come to a halt when Sachin is at the crease.
    We shud have been given a national holiday, cudn't bunk school due to some irritating reasons.
    Well, it is all over
    Sachin out on 74........ sad not a century......... He most probably won't get to bat in the next innings as I don't think WI will be able to take lead again. So, I guess its all over. Still a departure in style, that is a good score. All those who criticized him, well, he let's the bat do the talking.
    I feel like crying now. No more cricket for me...........

Pro
    Never was about Sachin making a century. This was for his final wave and to say thank you. Nothin more, thing less.

Never was about Sachin making a century. This was for his final wave and to say thank you. Nothin more, thing less.
    Exactly. History was already written, a 0 or a 100 didn't matter. I just wanted to see him longer, as much as I know he wud have liked to play longer. A 100 wud have shut some critics foul mouth forever...... But I don't care what others say, to me and millions of others, he will remain the God of Cricket.
    Wonder why JF's not here. He is a Sachin fan too......

Pro
    What critics???
    If you consider the support players he had around him...... Never mind, I'm glad I saw him in the flesh at the Wanderers.

Who is the Indian coach currently?
    What does Azzar, Muscles, Vengkat, Kumble, Sreesanth do these days, if you know? They served India well a few years ago
    Not Sreesanth... The other Sree..fast bowler???

Three are some jobless brainless moron who know nothing other that criticizing someone way better than them. But, not many heee pay heed to them.
    Duncan Fletcher is our current coach. He has been good so far but want to see if he can manage it against South African South Africa in the series coming up.
    Azharuddin does commentary, Kumble is our spin bowling coach and trainer i think. Sreeshant, the good and fair sportsman, lols, is i guess enjoyingbhis life. He does come on to some debates about some match on some sports or news channel but otherwise he is not much in any limelight. What a bowler he was though..... Amzing pacer.
    The recent Sreeshant is a shame for our country and the game and won't like to speak about such cheap disgraces on a thread about Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
    Well, the game is almost over and Sachin won't get another innings. So its all over. Farewell.... .

Pro
    Disgrace.....
    The only disgrace is you guys coming over for TWO freekin... Tests....now thats a disgrace. If you recall we would have back to back full test schedules if after Jonty retired.

Disgrace.....
    The only disgrace is you guys coming over for TWO freekin... Tests....now thats a disgrace. If you recall we would have back to back full test schedules if after Jonty retired.
    It is actually sad and a fact that test match has lost its importants as all the gr8s of this format r retired, the laser one being Sachin too is gone now. Also, the art of patient cricket is gone now, the young gen batsmen don't have that ability to save a test match, drag it to a draw by playing long slow innings like what VVS Lax man, Dravid and Sachin used to do for us and Gilchrist, Pointing, Steve Waugh for Aus, Smith, Kallis and Co. For SA, Collingwood, Headly, Richards used to do for England. There r only a few like Ian Bell who is still quite capable of doing that. Most test matches now end in some team winning, many times a team wins by an innings, which used to happen once in. Blue moon be4... Be4 almost all matches, no matter how strong or weak a team was in front of the other, used to end in draws, batsmen were able to save the match and drag it from the mouths of defeats to a draw and sometimes, a heroic victory.
    Now all batsmen know is go in for a T20, blindly swing bat, if it connects, six, else clean bowled or a stupid caught out. Score a 30 off 10 balls in one match, become a hero, get a few ads, some money, then party, and be a flop for 10 upcoming matches. That is pathetic.

Pro
    No.no.no.no.

There is nothing wrong with the new format of the game. That is change. It happens.
    Your captain, Klusner, Afridi, Jayasuria, all showed us the beauty of limited over cricket...okay not really your captain.., but there is a change in the game. Some accept it, some don't. Others grow into it.

Dude, wait till you turn 50 and have to watch cricket without spectators or stadiums.

Pro
    Talking of long slow cricket...
    I sat and watched Atherton and the painter wicket keeper ..jack Russel bat the entire f day to save the test at the Wanderers. Brilliant

Talking of long slow cricket...
    I sat and watched Atherton and the painter wicket keeper ..jack Russel bat the entire f day to save the test at the Wanderers. Brilliant

That is skill. And test is the actual form of cricket, it test a players patience and skill and that is why it is called 'Test'.... It shud be taken that way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast