Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Alternatives to Top Eleven?

Alternatives to Top Eleven?

I'd like to find another football manager to play alongside to Top Eleven, since it's not always satisfying.
    I tried PES Club Manager because I thought it was the best one, but it's very far from what I'm looking for. The UI is really messy and too cluttered with informations, news and stuff. It's too heavy and graphical, you can activate a 2D simulation of the match, but it still start and finish the game with 3D which is freaking stupid. It's slow if you use a low end smartphone, it loads too slowly every section of the game, before trying to understand every strategy option the first half ended. If I think that Top Eleven has too few strategy options for the team, PES has too many! Really TOO FREAKING MANY!
    The tutorial doesn't cover everything, it didn't explain every icon over the players, what they do and what happens if you put them outside the (too freaking many!) roles. At a first glance TE has a role managing much easier to see compared to PES.
    And also, I'd like to start a team from scratch. A few minutes after I started it offered me a player to buy, the best one was Neymar. What? I didn't even start and I get to buy Neymar? I play a first game that I win and that's ok for a start, but I was already playing in a huge ass stadium. After that I already see the Champions League opening, and the player market was already showing me Cristiano Ronaldo. I'd like to earn my best players and a place in the top tier competitions after playing in a potato field after wartime! It may please the majority of players, but not me. I'd like to get a ****ty team and try to make it an all star team in the end!
    And in the end, it gives too many bonus, too many rewards, too much news, too much stuff everytime you open it just to give you that fake feeling of accomplishment that so many games have now.

Top Eleven was just perfect when I started 3 years ago. Easy to play, hard to master, it took years to complete my stadium and earn my trophies. 1 season each month makes every season important. You get eliminated from the cup and you have to wait a month to get your revenge, and it's not frustrating as it looks like, on the contrary it makes you work harder to get to the objective. It's just perfect for me, except that it's showing its age and despite the updates it still has problems that are not fixed yet.
    I still think TE can have many advantages compared to other games, but it will fail soon or later unless they change the engine.

What I'm looking for is:
    - Easy and friendly interface. Top Eleven just nails it for me.
    - Lightweight game and close to no graphics, just a 2D simulation of the game or just commentary is fine. I don't need flashy menus and stuff
    - Start with a low rank team and build it slowly to become a champion
    - Online or offline is ok, but with only a few games to play every day just like Top Eleven. That makes you feel how important every match is, and you have to make some planning.
    - More team strategy options than TE that makes you feel that you have the control of the team, but not too complex at the same time.
    - Funny and rewarding, even if it takes time. I play a game for fun and I like it to beat me before I can master it.
    - Free with in game purchases is fine

Any good suggestion?
    Last edited by Tyltyl; 05-18-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    dsio and KenoticFC like this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

I'd like to see the options for alternatives too. It's obvious the development team doesn't care about a lot of the intricate team strategy in the game, and since uninstalling the app from my phone I have grown increasingly disinterested in the game. I'd definitely be interested to see if there's an up-and-coming game that's doing good things.
    Tyltyl likes this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Did you try Top Football manager? It's something similar to top eleven
    Tyltyl likes this.

check this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHHViyIyQc
    for PES it saying at 1.13
    more than 5.000 real players
    what ?
    Tyltyl likes this.

Rookie
    ITSAGOAL.org - Online Football Manager Game - Free Soccer Manager ?

Used to play it for four or so years. There's no simulation. No IAPs, though you can subscribe and get some addtional options, e.g. change your team name or whatnot. Nothing that would influence outcome of the game.

It's very much a long-term game, there's no way to speed it up.

Small community with dedicated players; around 1,000 managers or so.
    Tyltyl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsilvy View Post
    ITSAGOAL.org - Online Football Manager Game - Free Soccer Manager ?

Used to play it for four or so years. There's no simulation. No IAPs, though you can subscribe and get some addtional options, e.g. change your team name or whatnot. Nothing that would influence outcome of the game.

It's very much a long-term game, there's no way to speed it up.

Small community with dedicated players; around 1,000 managers or so.
    I will give it a try, looks nice

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34

Currently I'm playing OSM and top eleven planning to play top FM,
    Tyltyl likes this.

I'm trying both OSM and Top FM. Clearly it's a genre that requires time, but at a first glance they are both nice.
    OSM has an easy interface and looks very slow paced as I like it, but I've yet to play the first league game.

Top FM is kinda surprising to me, very very similar to Top Eleven, most features and visuals are just identical, except it has more features. Full time simulation (not just a few repeated actions), you can chat during the game and send messages to every other manager which is something we have been asking for some time now. Associations are there, tournaments too, and you get a Tour option where you play with another similar level team to raise your level and trying to get to top rank. Stadium section similar to TE, transfers are like the old TE system, token and packs are there.
    Plus, it loads very fast and is visually nice. 2D and 3D simulation is there but is very lightweight even on my phone. I've seen many people playing, some matches had up to 40 people supporting the teams!

Tactically speaking you get some options similar to Top Eleven, but some others are more precise about the attack. You can choose which side to attack, if you want to try crossing or shooting from the center. Finally, it is not that hard, isn't it Nordeus?
    I tried a few matches, and with long passing the players kept making mistakes, the ball went out of play more often. With playing only on the flanks I couldn't go through.
    I don't know if it will change later, but I like it this way, so I have a visual validation of my tactical changes.I guess that with each opponent and depending on your players skill you have to change tactics accordingly. At last, I would say!

I'm actually liking it for now, but as I said it takes to time to actually find all the flaws, so I will see how it goes. If it's good, Top Eleven surely can take some suggestions from this game.

EDIT: Another feature I just discovered and that I like, if you lose an auction, the lost tokens will be converted in scout points which you can use to find the players you want considering your stars requirement.

EDIT 2: If you start a game and you are getting lower on condition, you will get a warning telling you that the players won't perform at their best. At least you know what condition % is good to play. In TE it's just a mystery...

EDIT 3: You can click "like" on a particular goal during the game (even if you are just a fan) and there's a daily ranking of players that got the highest amount of likes. Daily, Weekly and Season, and you can rewatch the goals any time.
    This game sure doesn't lack features.
    I won my first league game 0-6 against a low quality bot. What I noticed is that he got 0 shots on target while I dominated the game. At least it's realistic on this. TE seems to generate a minimum amount of activity even if there's a huge difference between teams.
    Last edited by Tyltyl; 05-19-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Very appealing. Let's see how it works

Alternatives to Top Eleven?-screenshot_20170519-205841.pngAlternatives to Top Eleven?-screenshot_20170519-205833.jpgAlternatives to Top Eleven?-screenshot_20170519-205910.jpgAlternatives to Top Eleven?-screenshot_20170519-205933.jpg
    Sunil Chetri likes this.

See how the abilities work. Some players already have a special skill, that you can unlock by clicking on it and then train it. It's pre-chosen and you already know what the players is able to do. In TE you choose among a bunch of them and we still don't know how and when they work. I think it's much more transparent this way.
    Alternatives to Top Eleven?-screenshot_20170519-231619.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast