Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: There should be relegation of teams

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post

You'd also have considerably greater spending power with which to replace those players.
    How so? You may be at a level where you gain more money, but players are also more expensive. Besides, you either spent resources improving your team, meaning you don't have that much left, or you didn't make that good on the competitions you played. With the improved team after 3 years of relegation, you would be able to do well on most competitions (perhaps excluding cup), so you would have gained less for a match, but go further in CL. And you wouldn't have to spend resources on new players because yours would do just fine, so you'd be storing all of them.

Now let's clear one thing. I don't tank for a living... I tanked last season because i was finding too hard to remain competitive due to token and booster shortage, and my team was loosing quality steadily. So i tanked a season, and have now tokens and booster for playing a few seasons at a good level.

One more thing. Even if you implement handicaps for the relegated teams, it is far too easy to tank and avoid relegation, so i see no point at it anyway. Like i said i tanked and finished 8th overall. Won many games while controlling not to get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    How so? You may be at a level where you gain more money, but players are also more expensive. Besides, you either spent resources improving your team, meaning you don't have that much left, or you didn't make that good on the competitions you played. With the improved team after 3 years of relegation, you would be able to do well on most competitions (perhaps excluding cup), so you would have gained less for a match, but go further in CL. And you wouldn't have to spend resources on new players because yours would do just fine, so you'd be storing all of them.

Now let's clear one thing. I don't tank for a living... I tanked last season because i was finding too hard to remain competitive due to token and booster shortage, and my team was loosing quality steadily. So i tanked a season, and have now tokens and booster for playing a few seasons at a good level.

One more thing. Even if you implement handicaps for the relegated teams, it is far too easy to tank and avoid relegation, so i see no point at it anyway. Like i said i tanked and finished 8th overall. Won many games while controlling not to get promoted.
    Relegation is a terrible idea anyway. The people who want a more realistic game are playing the wrong game.
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    How so? You may be at a level where you gain more money, but players are also more expensive.
    Yup; because they're better players.

(Even though it's all relative, whether you're Level 1 or Level 31).

I think should still be relegated, for exciting tournament,
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    I have been reading these posts with interest, and one point has not been raised at all. How would the logistics of the game work if relegation was brought in?

At the moment, we have leagues of 14 teams, which at the end of the season, 7 of them are promoted, whilst the other 7 remain where they are. So, lets take a typical scenario. Let's say it is level 6. At completion, the top 7 go to level 7 to replace the 7 teams from that level, who went to 8. Back to the original level 6, the bottom 7 teams are now joined by 7 teams coming from level 5. So the numbers balance out evenly.

If relegation was brought in, how would it work? In a league of 14 teams, with the top 7 going up, and the bottom 2 going down, that would leave just 5 teams. With 7 coming up to join them, who would fill the other two places, without a major game reconstruction.
    Very nice point. I never thought of that!!!!!
    Raykco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post

Whatever methose to adopt, incorporating relegation would require a major undertaking on the development team's part so I think we can all agree it's unlikely to happen. Interesting to hear the various views, nonetheless.
    That is the main point. All this discusion is useless as it won't be implemented, whether for the good or for tyhe bad. So its kinda pointless.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Tanking is NOT the only way for non T to compete with T buyers.....refer Vent thread. Also refer abandoned teams where frustrated T buyers, who have spent good money developing their team and facilities, simply give up to "unfair" results.
    Tanking is a crutch for those who simply give up and will not compete for every available point. Better to have tried and failed, knowing that next season is around the corner and with it comes new opportunities. After all this is not just a game, it's more than that.
    Mate its not about simply giving up or gaining a "crutch", its about not wanting to spend money or time farming on tokens! People can do what they want with their money and time but this game is not one id spend money on, mostly because there is no reinvestment of that money back into the game (or little if any). Neither would I spend time sitting farming tokens. The advantages of tanking heavily out weigh the disadvantages imo.

As for someone asking where the fun in tanking is, its In building the team! I bought only high value 18 yo players and trained them hard for 2 seasons, while losing all my games in the league and trying to progress as far as possible In the champs league (first year of tanking only obv) and the cup. Then when the new season starts and your ready to be competitive the real fun begins

Like someone pointed out, there is no top division in T11 and the higher you are the worse your TL can become

Im the daft one for tanking???

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Mate its not about simply giving up or gaining a "crutch", its about not wanting to spend money or time farming on tokens! People can do what they want with their money and time but this game is not one id spend money on, mostly because there is no reinvestment of that money back into the game (or little if any). Neither would I spend time sitting farming tokens. The advantages of tanking heavily out weigh the disadvantages imo.

As for someone asking where the fun in tanking is, its In building the team! I bought only high value 18 yo players and trained them hard for 2 seasons, while losing all my games in the league and trying to progress as far as possible In the champs league (first year of tanking only obv) and the cup. Then when the new season starts and your ready to be competitive the real fun begins

Like someone pointed out, there is no top division in T11 and the higher you are the worse your TL can become

Im the daft one for tanking???
    Agreed..... And, for those whom said,"What's the fun in tanking" I say,"What's the fun in buying tokens!!!!" U buy tokens to build up a strong squad, we tank to build up a squad. Is that so difficult to undrstnd?????? They r two different methods of achieving the same thing. And tanking is more fun to the mind and to the wallet logically as we have to spend no money...... I don't say anything against token buying, so please don't say anything about tanking. U can spend money, make a gr8 squad and crush weaker teams, or u can stay back a season, build a good squad and play against equal teams. And I tanked becoz I had no hope to promote becoz of troll results and promotion without CL was useless!!!!!!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Agreed..... And, for those whom said,"What's the fun in tanking" I say,"What's the fun in buying tokens!!!!" U buy tokens to build up a strong squad, we tank to build up a squad. Is that so difficult to undrstnd??????
    I asked the question "what's the fun in tanking?" that doesn't automatically make me a token buyer.

As much as I admire anyone who spends the time to build and train a decent squad of young players who may be able to complete in a league in several months time, I can't personally see an immediate "fun" value to the approach. I'd rather send a team of no-hopers out against the big boys with the aim of winning, not losing.
    If I was trying to lose games, month in month out, I would soon become bored and move onto a faster moving, more rewarding game.
    I still don't see any fun in "tanking" ........ unless of course .....
    Players play with several teams? so leaving a team to lose for a few months isn't so bad, as a player can just concentrate on another team.

One team for me, and I will make sure they try and fight for every point, even if they get done 0-6.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    I asked the question "what's the fun in tanking?" that doesn't automatically make me a token buyer.

As much as I admire anyone who spends the time to build and train a decent squad of young players who may be able to complete in a league in several months time, I can't personally see an immediate "fun" value to the approach. I'd rather send a team of no-hopers out against the big boys with the aim of winning, not losing.
    If I was trying to lose games, month in month out, I would soon become bored and move onto a faster moving, more rewarding game.
    I still don't see any fun in "tanking" ........ unless of course .....
    Players play with several teams? so leaving a team to lose for a few months isn't so bad, as a player can just concentrate on another team.

One team for me, and I will make sure they try and fight for every point, even if they get done 0-6.
    I never said that u buy tokens. I said '"U" to refer it in general. And, even token buyers for that matter tank. And agree on the multiple account point of urs but as I said, I never tanked just to build the team. I had been trolled in and out last season, was kicked out of Cup and CH. League in the first round and group a stage respectively. I had no chance to be in top 4 of the league as there was a power trainer and 2 other token buyers and they had already taken a 15 point lead. So I decided to tank and side by side build my squad. I agree it was a bit boring but hat was the reason I am able to compete against a power trainer this season in the league.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast