Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: There should be relegation of teams

Addicted

There should be relegation of teams

So as to make it more realistic

There was already a thread about this a few days ago.

Why creating a New one.

Disagree.. If teams are gaining a star from relegation then I give a huge -1. Too easy to manipulate.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Addicted
    Nope, why should they gain a star? The players are just given their stars back.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Disagree.. If teams are gaining a star from relegation then I give a huge -1. Too easy to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Nope, why should they gain a star? The players are just given their stars back.
    Why? Because you are transitioning between levels. You already lose a star when getting promoted. Keeping stars would not work either, let me explain.

Speaking from level 13 perspective. A 5* player with 81 quality is in my team. Now at level 13, 5* indicates a player with rating 80-84. Now I would get relegated with that player. He would be 5* with the same quality bracket in level 12. Is simply isn't possible to have a 5* player with 80-84 quality in level 12, he would have to be 6*. Do you see what I mean? The player would have to GAIN a star so that it reflects the quality and star ratings of the lower level. That's why they have to gain stars... or lose 5 quality and you know how people would react to that!
    Last edited by dv8r; 11-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Cat Harrison, Raykco, Gasi and 1 others like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Addicted
    Nothing wrong in gaining a star as it reflects reality. Eg if Rooney from Man U drops together with Man U to the lower league, his 5 star ability in upper league has to be reflected correctly as six star in lower league, if not, there is no difference between him and a weaker 5 star lower league player who was already in the lower league. Rooney's relative skills in lower league compared to the players in lower league is much more pronounced there

Why? Because you are transitioning between levels. You already lose a star when getting promoted. Keeping stars would not work either, let me explain.

Speaking from level 13 perspective. A 5* player with 81 quality is in my team. Now at level 13, 5* indicates a player with rating 80-84. Now I would get relegated with that player. He would be 5* with the same quality bracket in level 12. Is simply isn't possible to have a 5* player with 80-84 quality in level 12, he would have to be 6*. Do you see what I mean? The player would have to GAIN a star so that it reflects the quality and star ratings of the lower level. That's why they have to gain stars... or lose 5 quality and you know how people would react to that!

Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    Nothing wrong in gaining a star as it reflects reality. Eg if Rooney from Man U drops together with Man U to the lower league, his 5 star ability in upper league has to be reflected correctly as six star in lower league, if not, there is no difference between him and a weaker 5 star lower league player who was already in the lower league. Rooney's relative skills in lower league compared to the players in lower league is much more pronounced there
    Nothing wrong with that? There's everything wrong with that, technically speaking one could "tank" for 5 seasons in a row, get relegated 5 times and have a fully 9* team that's wrecking **** in the level. Then when they get promoted, they'll get an easy run in the CL as well.

Now you compare that with someone spending money to get a good team and someone exploiting a relegation system to get a good team.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

4am
    Rookie
    ...technically speaking one could "tank" for 5 seasons in a row, get relegated 5 times and have a fully 9* team that's wrecking **** in the level.
    Notwithstanding that playing for one season in every six would be utterly pointless, that could never be.

Every time you dropped a division/level through relegation your players would gain a star by the proposed system. For your example to work 6*, 7* and 8* teams would have to be relegated first - which is extremely unlikely to happen!

not to mention, who would spend a few months just to get better going back and forth between leagues when they couldve gotten much better by getting promoted the previous seasons? promotions mean more money and skill points. i think not making the CL is punishment enough for some people. lower the promotion to just 4, and probably 3-4 demotees should be good enough
    you should know this well that tanking a season doesnt automatically mean youll be 1st in last place. as with the other random 80-20% somehow the illegal formations could win, and probably get promoted
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

dV8r is spot on - It wouldn't work, and his explanation is exactly what i was thinking.
    Raykco likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast