Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cody Allan Taylor
  • 1 Post By Cody Allan Taylor

Thread: Supports Incentive? / Fan Base?

Dreamer

Supporters Incentive? / Fan Base?

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, but have yet to come up with a solid idea. Hoping I spark something from one of you!

Quite simply I would like a way to build a real-life fan base. We already have a "Fan Club Name", a way for other managers to watch your match, and other minor things that already set this up.

What seems to be missing is something to make sure real fans consistently show up to every game. I kinda hate the "+2% possession bonus", as that helps the team, but does nothing to invite back that supporter.

What might make sense:
    • Remove the gift request system
    • Charge real supporters your ticket price
    • After watching the match for X minutes it provides you with a gift
    • If the team you are supporting wins, you also get a skill point

Obviously, that's not the best possible solution. Any ideas folks?
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 05-18-2014 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Addicted
    It sounds like a good idea in theory, but there's some things in what you have aid that sound pointless.

1) The gift system works well - it would be good though if you could accept more than one of each type per day.
    2) Unless you have literally hundreds of friends who turn up to watch your match, charging them the ticket price won't make much difference to your finances.
    3) Would this just be a random gift like rest(s)/treatment(s)/booster(s)/skill point(s), or would it be something a bit different? Maybe even a token?

Otherwise, sounds like a pretty good idea.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Hmmm, its a bit mixed up as a proposition but at the core there might be something.

What about, if you support someone on your friends list then you should be able to claim a gift from that person. Now, if I had carte blanche on how it worked then I'd suggest that after a match the manager gets a gift screen in which they can send a gift to anyone who supported them in a match. Otherwise I would link it into existing gift system which meant you could retrieve gifts from managers whose matches you viewed.

There would however need to be a built in limit because of the obvious exploit.

.....and no tokens because tokens incentivise exploiting.

Dreamer
    The pay-the-ticket price part of my suggestion has nothing to with helping the team. It's for better realism for the fans, not much more.

The reason for my suggestion of taking out the gift system is two fold:
    • Avoid any blaming/complaining of "there's no for extra reward in this game"
    • Encourage attendance as you'd be able to claim more than one gift (possibly, lol)

Also, is what I meant is that after X game minutes (30 would be good), a pop up would give you a choice of the three health packs (Rest, Morale, & Injury). Then, if the team you are supporting wins, you also get a skill point.

The main trouble with my idea is the sudden change would have with the flow of the game. I'm still quite open to suggestions, this idea will get no where if I'm the only one supporting it.
    Liquid likes this.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

I think you'll find, if you read my post again, it is supportive. A pop-up window to reward supporters of a game (with no old gift system) is what I supported with one linked to the existing gift system (ie being able to claim more than one gift if u view matches) was an alternative.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I think you'll find, if you read my post again, it is supportive.
    Certainly did not mean that you were disagreeing, just wanted to clarify my own idea.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

The problem with giving a gift out to those watching and supporting games is that it is open to so much manipulation.

Users on here have posted screen shots and talked before about how they have been up against people who have had 6/7/8 other people watching against them - and most times its felt that its the opposition manager logging into other accounts to boost his main team.

By giving a token or treatment out for watching games those that cheat in such a way would in theory be able to create as many accounts as time would allow, then watch the dummy accounts with their main accounts to boost their treatments or token counts.

In theory, it sounds a good idea, but sadly this game has proven that some people will do anything to get an advantage and it would be too open for exploitation.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    In theory, it sounds a good idea, but sadly this game has proven that some people will do anything to get an advantage and it would be too open for exploitation.
    Getting rid of the "1 gift limit" was only a suggestion since it would require spending actual time in the game to earn. Maybe an advert could play at half time that would justify the gift? I'm sure IP tracking is already used with advert playing, so they could set limits with that as well.

Dreamer
    So I see NORDEUS has listened to us a little. There's now the silly "send a thank you" system. However, it hardly actually encourages people to support a particular team. :/