Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar

Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?

Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?-grr-youth.jpg

I don't need another ST or FOR SURE another DL! WHY!!??!

p.s. I would have went for a DC or DMC single role. Or even an MC.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-25-2015 at 04:52 AM.
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grr youth.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	38991

I don't need another ST or FOR SURE another DL! WHY!!??!
    Is complicated to know what you need lol.... if one day I wake up conveted in the T11 Game I promise I will ask 1st
    LOL

is better option a DMC-MC?lol

LOL (see postscript above)
    khris likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    LOL (see postscript above)
    Ok, you edited at same time Ive did ma suggestion and as we can see... Bingo!
    Nice to know I do better suggestions that a 64bit game LOL

Famous
    Considering the program assigned a young DL to you while you have 3 DL in roster, assignment of young academy players seem pure random. However, if the not-very-clever program really think, probably it genuinely felt that you need a ST.

As different managers use different formations & strategies and need different types of players, it is very difficult to design an algorithm to figure out positions teams needed. If I am the programmer, on assigning academy players, probably I will consider counting number of players in 4 categories (goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, striker), or in all possible positions (GK,DL,DC,...,AMC,AML,ST). The first method is too rough. The second method may assign some players in positions, say AMC, that many teams have none but don't need.

I think the best solution to give more choices to us, or let us giving instructions to scouts earlier.

Yes, I like the youths I do sign but feel the offerings are stupid. Most probably random, but I had a DL the time before too.. which is what made me so miffed, as you can see I had signed some already from my academy.

I would prefer it to be less random, that's for sure.

Another example:

Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?-grr-youth2.jpg

This team already has enough ST, one a youth product. So he goes into the bit bucket. Had he been a winger or even an MC or DMC I would have kept him. The system knows what your favorite formation is, it should use that data in choosing. I have played with 1 ST 90% of the time, why give me yet another ST?
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    It seems demanding for a server handling thousands or millions of teams to check the formations we used previously.

To determine the player needed, the system may compute the percentage that different positions appearing in the 4 selected formations, and then compare with current squad to find position in shortage.

However, it is not easy. Even another human cannot fully understand what other persons think. For example, if I often use one striker, this can mean (1) I prefer 1 striker formation, or (2) I have no choice because I lack strikers for rotation.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

It already knows "preferred formation", it will tell you 4-4-2, etc.or in my case 3-6-1..

Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?-formation.jpg

I do wish it wasn't so random with selection, as I show with 1st post, that team has gotten a ST or DL for the last four or five out puts. (signed some shown, let others go)

I find it surprising since they are losing sales of youth that they wouldn't fix it so it was more likely players we wanted, but random is probably easier on the servers.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-25-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    cookizzz likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's not exactly the topic, but the academy should launch better and better young players as we are upgrading it. At the academy top level, young players shouldn't be 2 stars anymore.
    Last edited by Adtop; 03-01-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I believe youth academy is a brilliant idea with a bad execution.
    As it is known, 99% of the managers, release the T player (because he is expensive/ probably doesn't fit in the positions of the team/ it's to late for the season to develop him) and 100% selling the 0T player (except for the case of "under-leveling").

The manager should have the possibility to choose what kind of player he want for his team - like in real life, a manager going to the academy of the team because he want a young defender eg.
    So, this thing should work like this for example and the manager could set the position/s or for some extra T to add a special ability.

Why doesn't the youth facility take into account what we already have?-youth.jpg

So, if nordeus could work this and some other things, players of the game would appreciate it more than some new nice graphics.
    Cat Harrison and Adtop like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast