Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Improving the statistics table

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Again those stats
    It's not that I lost from a team -25% quality,
    it's the stats
    Ok, let's say that this ball possession is fake because I had many supporters and the +15% so this b.p. is visual only.
    So let's accept the almost same shots.
    But how can it be to have only 2 shots on target from the 17 shots ?
    Even an amateur team wouldn't have that percentage.

Improving the statistics table-cl-qf-lost.jpg
    My attackers are pretty good , with higher than avg their attacking skills.

Improving the statistics table-cl-qf-lost-rates.jpg

Their rates weren't so bad and I subbed Inzagi with a not so high rate, with Weah.
    But still nothing.
    Improving the statistics table-weah.jpg

Really cannot explain those stats and rates tables except the "just wasn't to be factor".
    Please do some work there and ask if you want.
    We can collaborate.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The game calculations should have some specific limits
    for example
    The shots should have some analogy with the ball possession if you are using the correct formation and orders and have passing over 80%.

The shots on target should have some analogy with the shots if your players have proper attacking skills and same or higher quality from opponents.

Shot efficiency could be little more random but the others should not be roll-dice.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Today in an asso game, playing vs a better quality opponent (99% vs 109% but not present) I was winning till 90'.
    Dominating the game, watching the game, the rates of my players were good except the ST (but didn't want to sub him and maybe change the game flow as I was winning).
    After the conceded goal at 90' and the draw, could see that almost all the rates of oppo players are much better from mine.
    But how comes ?
    I had 23 vs 10 shots
    11 vs 5 shots on target
    87% vs 79% passes
    only tackles had better 18-23

Improving the statistics table-wrong-stats-rates.jpg

Improving the statistics table-wrong-stats-rates-2.jpg

The rates are somewhat misleading as many times I have noticed lots of players shifting to red despite that the team is winning and still scoring more goals. Just by seeing the rates, someone could have an impression that a lot of things could be wrong, but then how come the team still scoring?
    Clearly, the highlights, the match statistics and so on need improvement, and also those stolen assists problem, but the possession % generator may not be that bad because many teams can still win by parking the bus with long passes or simply by long passing only, and weak teams can win with poor posssesion on a very good day for them but on very bad day for the opponent.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-30-2019 at 05:06 PM.

The ball possession is somehow fake because of the supporters.
    The issue with the rates is that the final score affects very much the rates after the match.
    It's not realistic to have good rates and oppo bad when the game is 2-1 till 80' and after a 2-2 to change like this.
    Also don't get it , why Rimi with 8.9 was the motm ? Had only one assist when Giannakopoulos had same rate, 2 assists and your team dominated the game.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    The ball possession is somehow fake because of the supporters.
    The issue with the rates is that the final score affects very much the rates after the match.
    It's not realistic to have good rates and oppo bad when the game is 2-1 till 80' and after a 2-2 to change like this.
    Also don't get it , why Rimi with 8.9 was the motm ? Had only one assist when Giannakopoulos had same rate, 2 assists and your team dominated the game.
    The game says you get 2% extra possession per human supporter up to a certain extent. If these were not added and showed in the statistics, users would say it is fake or not working. Does this extra possession have any effect on the match results, even if small, maybe, but that does not mean that when someone has 10 human supporters and he gets the lions share of the possession his team should win. You can keep the ball 70% of the time and still lose by scores like 1-0 or draw 1-1 if you got some parts of your tactics wrong in addition to some bad roll of dices where the chances you got did not go in. What can be done is to completely remove this 2% addition per supporter if that is misleading or it is only visual, but then some will not agree and also there will be less motif for friends to come support.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Again those stats
    it's the stats
    Ok, let's say that this ball possession is fake because I had many supporters and the +15% so this b.p. is visual only.
    For the poor shot to shot on target ratio, there can only be one explanation: bad rolls of dice. Your team made a lot of chances but did not take any of them. This is frustrating when this happens, but it does happen even in real life, but here due to poor AI of the game engine, it can happen here and there, even in cases it should not. But, the high number of shots by the opponent is also an indication that you did some things 'wrong' (maybe not logically wrong because, again, this game has poor AI, and it might have well chosen a non logical set of orders as the right one) or the opponent were much stronger that he could have made so many chances.

My guess is he played long balls and counter-attack. This is justified by the high number of shots but poor possession, and the low % pass completion could confirm it if it is relatively low (not showed in the image above). Also, in some cases, where users lost or draw despite having a better team and having good ball possession, they have to consider that the possibility of the opposing manager been smart + he had luck on his side.
    Last edited by Tactician; 10-01-2019 at 10:54 AM.

For the poor shot to shot on target ratio, there can only be one explanation: bad rolls of dice.
    This should happen for shot efficiency.
    I understand the s.e. per s.o.t. as a "bad day", the roll dice, but 2/17 shots on target is unrealistic for good (TE) players 6*-7* with +140% at shooting-finishing.
    Ποσιδονας likes this.

This should happen for shot efficiency.
    I understand the s.e. per s.o.t. as a "bad day", the roll dice, but 2/17 shots on target is unrealistic for good (TE) players 6*-7* with +140% at shooting-finishing.
    It is unrealistic indeed. Since my come back, I have noticed that there are more misses shown in the highlights, sometimes clear, open chances, despite that players that should not be missing that much given their shooting and finishing qualities. The correct way to put it is that the engine is trolled the quality of the players.

Addicted
    Again those stats
    it's the stats
    Even an amateur team wouldn't have that percentage.

Really cannot explain those stats and rates tables except the "just wasn't to be factor".
    Please do some work there and ask if you want.
    We can collaborate.
    Improving the statistics table-real.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast