View Poll Results: Do you like this idea??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely! I hope the programmers manage to do it.

11 61.11%
  • Yes, but too complicated. It will never happen.

4 22.22%
  • No, I prefer another one.

1 5.56%
  • No, I want the algorithm to stay like it is now.

2 11.11%
Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By Alexinho
  • 6 Post By Cloverfield
  • 1 Post By jarharnamme

Thread: How I think the gameplay algorithm should work.

How I think the gameplay algorithm should work.

As many people have seen in this thread, the system has problems in calculating correctly the players' quality.
    It also proves that the pieces of animation we see in the game are only saved pieces of videos that are selected by a random number generator.
    When you are watching the player (with 1% dribbling, 1% shooting, 1% finishing, 1000% speed) that dribbles the opponent, shoots and scores, it's clearly a random video selected from the system.

So, by now, you can understand how the gameplay algorithm works.
    My suggestion changes it completely.

Example:
    The attacker has the ball and he is trying to dribble the defender.
    You calculate the attacker's skills (dribbling-speed), you calculate the defender's skills (marking-tackling-position-speed-strength), both with particular mathematical formulas, you compare the 2 final numbers and the system gives a X% of probability that the attacker will pass the defender.

Then you go the next action.

The attacker is going to shoot.
    According to the attacker's skills, the system gives you a Y% of probability that the ball will go on goal.
    Then according to the GK's skills, the system gives you a Z% of probability that the GK will save it.

And then it goes on and on and on for every action.

From my example you can understand how it works.
    With this way, a player with 1% shooting and finishing, won't be able to score, even if he is a 9 star player with 5000% speed.

Is it complicated to program it like this?? Sure, I bet it is.
    But it's the best way to bring the game close to reality.
    The current gameplay algorithm (as proved) is fake football.
    Last edited by Alexinho; 09-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Level: 61 (Server top level)
    Seasons played: 83
    Leagues: 54
    Champions Leagues: 26
    Cups 32
    Trebles 11
    Career started: 5/6/2011

Although it makes sense from programing pov, this will be a straight forward formula that each manager will know.
    Nordeus through years they have shown that they do not want us to know the calculations, so when a crazy score happens, it is easier to get it explained because... **** happens.

So a non deterministic game, due to multiple unrealistic football factors, suits business purposes.

Moreover i am not sure calculations now have such kind of depth, meaning I do not think that there is any propability that is calculated for dribbling.
    Quality overall, formation, arrows, tactics are thrown in a mixer in the beginning, and small tweaks can happen in the game, at the minute when algorithms reads again some values. i have spotted that 51min is one such moment, when the game stalls every time for few seconds.

I came to terms that this game is an arcade game and not a simulation one, and I do not expect this to be changed ever.

I really hope football manager on mobile get more and more developed and I will jump to that.
    Real teams, real players, real transfers, real simulation.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    this will be a straight forward formula that each manager will know.
    Not so sure about that.
    The mathematical formulas will still be secret.
    The only thing that the managers will know is that they need attackers and defenders with good highlighted attributes.
    The same thing we thought was important before discovering it's all fake. ;-)

Level: 61 (Server top level)
    Seasons played: 83
    Leagues: 54
    Champions Leagues: 26
    Cups 32
    Trebles 11
    Career started: 5/6/2011

Whatever complex system you suggest Alex I think that Nordeus can't pull it off. In the current one we know how skills don't make any major difference so basically Nordeus has to start form the beginning and create something that isn't so random and lifeless first.

My suggestion is to cap/limit the % to 400-500 (or even lower)
    If you guys have play this game long before this new morinho-training drill whatever, back then the training only consist of 3 drills: physical, attack and defense.
    When you keep adding attack skill to your player it will stop because of some kinda limit and you need to train physical/defend skill until you can train attack skill again.
    This game should make player attribute like that again!
    Sick of seeing this thousand % player destroying this game!
    I thought Top11 is a football manager game not street fighter or whatever RPG game that require fitness+strength+speed only
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.