Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Easy fix for manipulating division and cup seedings

Rookie

Easy fix for manipulating division and cup seedings

Well, for an economist like myself this seems like a pretty simple solution, which kind of makes me wonder why the heck Nordeus didn't do this from the start.

Instead of using Team Strength at End of Season, the game just needs to use Average Team Strength on Previous Season to avoid most of the exploiter tactics. I tried this myself (manipulating seedings) a few seasons ago, and its just too simple and too powerful. I won all games, treble, suffered 3 goals in 50 matches, scored almost 200. No fun at all, to me and to all the fair players you ended up having to play with my exploited team. Just bought a ton of crappy players in the last day of the season and sold half my starting 11. Tanked from 119% to 52% in a day...

If Average Team Strength on Previous Season had been used, my efforts would be pointless, as I would had been seeded as a 115% team and would be my ass the one destroyed. A lot more fair, since I would had been the jerk that decided to sell my best players. As things are, is total upside logic and I think it gets super annoying for older players, unless you have low self-esteem and really need a lot of TE silverware to make you happy.

My 2 cents about this one.
    Doors FC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdoomer View Post
    Well, for an economist like myself this seems like a pretty simple solution, which kind of makes me wonder why the heck Nordeus didn't do this from the start.

Instead of using Team Strength at End of Season, the game just needs to use Average Team Strength on Previous Season to avoid most of the exploiter tactics. I tried this myself (manipulating seedings) a few seasons ago, and its just too simple and too powerful. I won all games, treble, suffered 3 goals in 50 matches, scored almost 200. No fun at all, to me and to all the fair players you ended up having to play with my exploited team. Just bought a ton of crappy players in the last day of the season and sold half my starting 11. Tanked from 119% to 52% in a day...

If Average Team Strength on Previous Season had been used, my efforts would be pointless, as I would had been seeded as a 115% team and would be my ass the one destroyed. A lot more fair, since I would had been the jerk that decided to sell my best players. As things are, is total upside logic and I think it gets super annoying for older players, unless you have low self-esteem and really need a lot of TE silverware to make you happy.

My 2 cents about this one.
    What nordeus should do is close TM for selling of player 4 or 5 days before new season.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Doors FC and FC Dacia Terra like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    What nordeus should do is close TM for selling of player 4 or 5 days before new season.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    I would be very much against any limitations to the TM. The TM is not broken (or not as broken as the seedings are). That would only hurt fair players just to hurt the seeding exploiters too.

Statistically speaking, my suggestion solves the root of the problem. Why is not like that from the start, beats me. I guess Nordeus didnt imagine their seeding system would be so easily exploited. Why is not fixed in so many years can probably be explained by one of 2 reasons:

#1- Technical: the coding required to fix it would demand a lot of changes. (I dont believe this would be the case, unless the game is very poorly coded, but cmon... its just another spreadsheet game like CM, FM... cant be that hard!)

#2- Economical: the 1 or 2 jerks that playxploit on every division generate more revenue than the rest of the players together. If this is the case, Nordeus would never reveal it, but would also never fix it and we can go all suck a lemon if we dont like it.

If its not one these 2, I really have no idea. Maybe too busy doing Mourinho video pranks? :P
    Last edited by mcdoomer; 04-05-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Famous
    I think it's number 2. Money, money, money.

Pro
    from an economist perspective, the devs don't care if managers win triple or not ... All they care about is to suck back the tokens provided to managers and increase the level of competition gradually to increase the sales of tokens / rests/ scout players by potential customers.
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.

Addicted
    good idea.something must be done for the manipulation problem.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    I think it's number 2. Money, money, money.
    Might as well be, but its also a deterrent for other people to invest more into the game. It requires a lot more investment to keep a nice team, with basically the same players for long seasons, compared to just keep a bunch of 1 stars and renew half the starting eleven each season. When I tried the "dark side", my team value in total was lower than the timing that finished last in that division. Still i didnt lost a single game, had 1 goal against to 172 goals scored. How ridiculous is that? I know some people get all touchy with the word "cheat", but, at the very least, this is cheating the system by exploiting a known vulnerability.
    Doors FC likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdoomer View Post
    Might as well be, but its also a deterrent for other people to invest more into the game. It requires a lot more investment to keep a nice team, with basically the same players for long seasons, compared to just keep a bunch of 1 stars and renew half the starting eleven each season. When I tried the "dark side", my team value in total was lower than the timing that finished last in that division. Still i didnt lost a single game, had 1 goal against to 172 goals scored. How ridiculous is that? I know some people get all touchy with the word "cheat", but, at the very least, this is cheating the system by exploiting a known vulnerability.
    I'm interested to see what happens this season. This is my 3rd season of manipulating the draw and the same 4 or 5 friends have come up against me in the league. I actually feel sorry for them, they are long time in game friends, perhaps 20 seasons or more.
    If they quit because of my manipulation how does that benefit anyone? Nordeus will lose clients and I'll lose active opposition.
    So they can, what? Tank to avoid me next season? Learn to manipulate the draw? Quit? Or spend?
    My guess is that they'll quite soon leave the game. And that's good for no one.
    Although I'll use the "cheats/exploits" whatever anyone want to call them, I'd rather Nordeus finds a way to put an end to them.
    madflo19 likes this.

I still don't get how manipulating the draws can be a problem for someone,how can be this called "cheating" as long as if you do this and play against same lvl teams,you have the same market,you don't have any advantage against your opponent as most of the teams are abandoned or semi abandoned and those few with active managers can buy the same % quality players-up to 99% from auctions and negociations, up to 116% from scout and up to 119% from recommended players.
    Last season i had in my cup&champiobs league a guy who bought 8 players from scout 1st day of the season (6 of them were from the expensive ones 116%q) this season i have another guy who bought 7 scouts 1st day of the season,is this cheating?
    Is my fault that most of my opponents from my server doesn't know how to train their players,or is my fault that most of them buys players over 26 and they don't gain more than 5% untill the season ends?
    So here the suggestion is,the draw manipulation to be fixed and then to play against +1 lvl opponents in cup/champions league(starting with -20% against them,plus they have access to higher quality players) and the worst,to play against few tankers with teams over 140%.
    As long as Nordeus doesn't sort their s***, i will play the game as i want,no matter if i will get bored and maybe i will quit or others will.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    I still don't get how manipulating the draws can be a problem for someone,how can be this called "cheating" as long as if you do this and play against same lvl teams,you have the same market,you don't have any advantage against your opponent as most of the teams are abandoned or semi abandoned and those few with active managers can buy the same % quality players-up to 99% from auctions and negociations, up to 116% from scout and up to 119% from recommended players.
    Because the game is called Top Eleven and not Top Draw Manipulators? Should be about the 90 minutes during the games and not the 48 hours between seasons? You really can't see a problem with this?

PS - I learned how to manipulate the draws watching you and your team a few years ago, so I was expecting you to be one of the most interested people in having this fixed. Can't understand how the game is even still fun for you to play. Must be like playing Idle Heroes or any other of those autoplay games out there. Where's the challenge in that, mate?
    Temidayo_ likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast