Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Go Forth & Conquer, Leo!

"has been consistent title challengers for the past 3 season but have yet to win the league" ..... Wau I can imagine how hard the opponents in your league.

For the first 3 season it was myself & two friends, Jalak Lenteng & Xaitan. Then in the fourth season another friend, Ude, joined the league. So you can say its quite competitive as at least 4 teams are active. Once in a while we get drawn with other active managers so it makes it much harder coz results are unpredictable. But it has been fun but somewhat frustrating tht I can't finish above all my friends. Hahaha

My best chance to win was last season when I had a good record against the main rivals but lost 3 key matches...this season was also a good chance to win but unfortunately my key players always seem to hit the off button in very important matches...
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 03-04-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Latest News

Roaring to the finish line

With three league games remaining in the season, Go Leo are set to be involved in a grandstand finish to the season. The Lions are just a point behind leaders Ude, while Xaitan's recent defeat to Jalak Lenteng means that they have dropped to third, three points off the top. Mathematically fourth placed Jalak Lenteng are also in with a shout, having clawed their way back up the table.

While destiny is in Ude's hand, the rest of the challengers need not only to win their remain matches but hope that the current leaders drop points.

For Go Leo, a visit by Cim Bom tomorrow may disrupt thjeir challenge as the visitors have proven to be a tough nut to crack this season. But the home side will have Quentin Anani back from suspension while the fitness of Muhammed Ozen will be assessed later today as he is the latest addition to the crock list, joining Adil van Gastelen & Muhd Izaire Adzlan.

This is the closest GO Leo has been to winning the title, but the Boss accepts that the outcome is out of their control.

"It would have been different if we had not lost to Ude to a late goal the other day. That result altered the whole dynamics from our point of view."

"But we know we need to just go and win all our remaining matches, regardless of what happens. We have a fighting chance and we will make sure it will go down to the final match."
    hrgamrga and littledude072 like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Latest News

Another 3rd place finish for Go Leo

Go Leo finished season 6 in 3rd place with 61pts after failing to capitalize on other results in the final run-in to the league.

Ude retained the title, their second consecutive one, without losing a single match & Xaitan came in second with 63 points.

This is the sixth season that Go Leo has finished the season without any silverware tho the club remains happy that they have achieved back to back promotions as well as a fourth consecutive appearance in the Champions League.

The club did not waste anytime in their preparation for Season 7 & have made 3 new signings early to avoid the crazy transfer market expected in the first week of the new season.

Earlier today, the Boss announced the retirement of club captain Daniel Callsen-Bracker who leaves the club after 4 season. Callsen-Bracker is a popular figure in the dressing room and is a huge loss to the club. He however has accepted the position of club ambassador and will be involved in a lot of charities & club related events.

Also leaving is fellow defender Zainal Abidin Hassan, who has been sold for an undisclosed fee. Zainal and Callsen-Bracker came in to the club together & were once considered one of the club's best defensive pair.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Latest News

Cup run ends prematurely

Go Leo's cup run came to a premature end, going out of the competition on away goals after being tied 3-3 on aggregate with Legok Ringgit FC.

Leo had a 1-0 lead from the first leg but were ousted by a late goal in a 2-3 loss at home.

It was a bitterly disappointing result given that they had shown good promise in the first leg but crumbled in the second leg. The Boss had opted to give some chance to the younger players to shine but that move backfired.

Young right winger, Ryohei Nakao, stood out like a sore thumb and was largely anonymous, while striker Daniel Lindskog put on a good performance before he was stretched off late in the game.

The Boss was calm in defeat but shared his regret at the result.

"Coming in at 1-0 after the first leg, I thought we had given ourselves a good chance to progress. I have to give credit to their goalkeeper who pulled of a couple of world class saves."

"Sometimes results are decided by individuals and their goalkeeper had a hand in the result today. Unfortunately certain individuals that started the match for us today are personally to be blamed as well. The team is only as strong as the weakest member, but when the weakest link grossly under performs, then the team struggles. This is football"

Earlier before kick-off, the club unveiled five new additions to the team. Argentinian Matias Madrid, who plays as a winger was brought in for $10.5M, experienced German goalkeeper Jim Klinger ($5.18M), defenders Christoph Olck from Germany and Hungarian Mihaly Szabo were bought for a total sum of $9.5M.

But of course, all eyes were on marquee signing, Barnabas Kovacs, who plays as a defensive midfielder. Go Leo splashed out $11 for the young Hungarian and if the cup games were to be used as and indication, the Boss is looking to build a team around young Kovacs.

When asked if there will be further additions, the Boss said that they are not going to rush into signing anymore players.

"There is one position that I would like to fill at the moment, but there is no rush. If there is a player that catches the eye, then we will definitely going into the market. But as for now, there is no one."
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 03-12-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Cat Harrison and JohnnyBravo like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Latest News

Delivered by the Gallo-ns

Go Leo have captured highly rated Italian right midfielder Walter Gallo for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of $10M.

The club did not waste time in making a swoop for Gallo once they found out that he was available.

Gallo is a very attack-minded player and is believed to be a player of similar qualities to Eden Hazard, who can provide and score goals from midfield.

The 22 year-old spoke of his admiration for the club as well the posibility of displacing current fan favourite Stergios Kolokas.

"I am well prepared to handle the pressure of playing for an ambitious club and I hope that I can contribute and be a part of any success achieved by Go Leo."

"Stregios (Kolokas) is a great, great player. It will not be easy fighting for a starting spot with him but competition drives players to do well and I am sure we will push each other to do better."

The Boss was also clearly delighted at the capture but stressed that winning is a team effort.

"We have been looking for a player of Walter's capabilities to fill the role on the right and I am very happy to have gotten him. I am definitely looking at him to provide the extra edge in the final third."

"We have a lot of talented individuals, but we still need them to play as a team. You win and lose as a team."
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Latest News

Lions go Mad in rout

Matias Madrid scored two goals in an impressive 5-2 Go Leo opening match win over Sarikaya FC.

New boy Madrid scored one in either side of halftime while fellow winger & debutant Walter Gallo also scored two. Swiss Simo Stauffer scored the other.

Go Leo had earlier lost 0-1 to Xaitan FC in the opening Champions League Group G match despite having the better chances & dominating for most of the match.

The Boss was optimistic about the results last night, including the loss to Xaitan.

"I was happy with the performance (in the loss). We created some very good chances but were somewhat unlucky."

"The boys showed what they are about against Sarikaya. That's what we are capable of if everything clicks. We could have probably scored another two or three."
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Latest News

Simply Devine

Stephen Devine put on a clinical display to set Go Leo's Champions League campaign firmly on track. The Irishman struck on either side of strikepartner Hector Bala's effort in an emphatic 3-0 home win over close rivals Ude.

Go Leo were intent to get the results and set out in a very attacking 3-5-2 formation with Matias Madrid and Walter Gallo retaining their places on the wings supporting Devine and Bala.

Madrid continued his impressive start to his Go Leo career and was involved in the third goal when his corner was headed in by Devine.

Go Leo have now won one and lost one match in the Champions' League.

In the league match later that evening, Go Leo thumped United FC with a similar scoreline, this time, Madrid getting on the scoresheet twice and Walter Gallo grabbing the third goal. Gallo's goalscoring form means that recovering Stergios Kolokas may find it difficult to break into the starting eleven.

This win moves Leo up to fifth in the league after 2 wins and a loss.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Latest News

Gallo-rious Walter

From the moment the capture of Walter Gallo was announced at the beginning of the season, there were apprehensive expectations.

The apprehension was understandable considering that a lot of wingers have arrived in the past three or four seasons to challenge Stergios Kolokas for the spot out wide on the right. Most recently 19 year-old Japanese Ryohei Nakao was prematurely off-loaded after spending most of his time in the reserves and almost nonchalantly putting in poor competitive performances when called upon.

Injury to Kolokas has push Gallo straight into the starting eleven and how he has justified his purchase. Four goals in his first five competitive matches is an excellent return. The most recent came against the club's bogey team, Jalak Lenteng, striking a sweet right footer from outside the box.

Unlike Nakao, Gallo is 22 and possesses sufficient competitive experience under his belt. The Italian seems to grow from strength to stregth with every match and indications are that Go Leo's weapons this season will be their wide men. Left winger Matias Madrid have matched Gallo's goal returns but has created 3 assists to the Italian's zero.

Though without an assist so far, what makes Gallo's goal returns impressive is the fact that he is deployed in a much withdrawn role compared to Madrid.

In an interview with the club's in-house magazine Gole, the Boss said, "Walter has been excellent for us, and we can only hope that his form continues. He had one bad game at VSOP (a 3-2 loss), but he has shown character to bounce back from that."

"We have given specific instructions to both our wide men (Madrid & Gallo) on how I expect them to play and they have carried out those instructions perfectly. I'm glad that they have settled in rather quickly."
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

dude i just love your corny titles. its a compliment, take it XD

youll be seeing some competition from Goonskies - From Rags to Riches when i stop being so lazy
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast