Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Haha that's a nice idea aswell :P i've got to learn more about Sony vegas so i can be able to edit videos n stuff :P would be really cool.

P.S: i want Addicted below my name too haha, how to get that ? post counts?
    Buffs Mad likes this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    Haha that's a nice idea aswell :P i've got to learn more about Sony vegas so i can be able to edit videos n stuff :P would be really cool.

P.S: i want Addicted below my name too haha, how to get that ? post counts?
    Yes, I think post counts. When my head fills with crap I just let it spill out all over the Forum.
    BeckStar likes this.

In all the excitement I forgot to post the game 20 Table and yesterdays game piccies. Can't do a write up cos I had my eyes closed most of the time.

Added you to friends on facebook haha We should play a friendly once the league CL/Cup are over :P
    Will message you bout it later ;P Even if ur team is slightly better i wanna try haha.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Yeah, think I accepted it already but I'll check.

PS. If you or anyone else on my list wants to use me to try a formation (as much as it is useful in friendlies) then let me know and if I can (given games, players available, rl etc) I'll set it up.

Training News

Couple of players got their 6 stars in training today

Fixture Catch-up

Since the last fixture update for the win against the title rival there have been several matches where I only provided results in the relevant week's 'ticker tape' thread.

Here's a Summary:

Day 25

Buffs FC won 2-1 at home to White TNT (the leader in Celtic Rangers' league) to narrowly progress to the Champions League Final on away goals - Buffs scorers were McStay (44) & (55).
    Buffs then won 3-1 away against 5th placed friend Aram FC - Buffs scorers were Nicol (36) and McStay (42 & 76).

Day 26

Buffs FC stayed top with an 8-0 home win in the league against the Dream Team - Buffs scorers were Baxter (12), McLeish (56 & 68), Mackay (61), Bremner (63 & 77), Souness (73) and Johnstone (87).

Today

Champions League Final: Buffs FC met MS Sarakham in the final of the Champions League.

The opposition lined up in a 4-1-2-3 and Buffs withdrew their wings into a more neutral midfield role - 4-1-4-1.

The first half was a stalemate with chances either end but nothing significant, possession was equal - although Sarakham were forcing corners Buffs defensive line were rock steady.

As the second half got underway both managers made changes to the midfield personnel but stuck with the starting formations. The opener came for Sarakham in 56 minutes when Mackay pulled down Soursdey on the edge of the box (earning a yellow card) and Soursdey himself got up and curled a sweet strike in off the back post. 56 minutes gone and Buffs were 1 down. Buffs Mad signalled a change: Slim Jim Baxter and Jimmy "Jinky" Johnstone pushed forward into a more customary 4-5-1V. The equaliser in 71 minutes came from a ferocious Paul McStay strike that almost punched a hole in the net. Buffs Mad immediately ordered his lads to increase the intensity and in 75 mins Law rounded the keeper - although he ran out of space and clipped it across goal for the in-rushing McStay to claim his second. 2-1 for the Buffs.

Sarakham brought the subs on and went 4-3-3. Law was tired but still running around like a headless chicken, buzzing anywhere and everywhere, and ballooned over in 78 from close range. Buffs Mad told reserve Striker Michael Mols to warm up - which clearly had an impact on Law, as he set up Baxter with a chip that was half-volleyed from close in. It was Law's last action of the day as Mols came on - thank goodness the ref didn't allow the change earlier. With 88 minutes gone and 3-1 up, Buffs let the clock tick down and thats how it finished.

\o/ Buffs FC mark their second Champions League campaign and second Final by successfully defending the trophy. \o/

Later Buffs FC will meet the back marker in the league a win will keep Buffs 3 pts clear with 1 game to go and our safety net of +29 goals over our rivals should see us through.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-27-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: can't count - changed +19 to +29
    The Avenue likes this.

Franchise News

Currently there are two key issues being faced.

1. The first regards referral team Celtic Rangers. As CR is the same level as the Buffs and has been in the Buffs CL draw 2 years now a decision is imminent on whether Midas McGonnigal takes over a new lvl 1 Celtic Rangers or whether CR tanks for a season to ensure a level difference hoping that it will have an effect on draws.

2. Shangalang FC has now completed a full season testing a 'Counterattacking only' semi-offline strategy. This involved using consistent orders - Defensive, Both Flanks, Whole Pitch Press (counter-intuitive I know ), Hard Tackling, Mixed, Zonal, Fource Counters On & Play Offsides off. 4-4-2 was the go to formation with arrows on MR/L with the intention of getting faster breaks. It's the intention that Shangalang will try Man on Man marking this season but its not yet clear if this should be the only change (leaving last years results as a control group (to an extent)) or whether Own Half Pressing should be used (more logical with defensive, countering).

Views are welcome.

Shangalang FC Season 3

Shangalang pursued a Defensive Counterattacking strategy for the whole season. The default formation was 4-4-2 down both flanks but injuries and suspensions occasionally required changing to a 3-5-2 Mixed/Flanks or a 3-1-4-2 Mixed/Middle.

The assumption in playing defensively on the counterattack was that midfielders would be required to defend (no sh.. Sherlock ) and attackers should be fast - so skills allocation broadly followed roughly ------

The strategy was just as effectiive against lower quality sides: highest score was 10-0 and 132 goals in all comps was not bad for a team ranked, by quality, in the lower half of the league.

A few things that I found when watching Shangalang and playing friendlies against them which seemed to point towards 'that teams counter-attacking" were, generally:

Shangalangs possession increased the more attacking the opposition;
    Shangalang got more corners than would be expected;
    Shangalang got fewer Shots on Target than expected v same/lower quality sides; but
    The ratio of Total Shots to Shots on Target was high.

So these are what I now use when playing the Buffs as a yardstick of wheher opponents counter-attack.

Ofc none of this is very scientific. Just thought I'd share.

PS: The 2 sides that contested the CL Final were the 2 qualifiers from Shangalang's group.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-28-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Cham~pi~on~ees........

League: Buffs FC get the formalities of the final league match out of the way with a 4-1 home win against 3rd placed Stade de Reims. The hard tackling pattern of previous games was repeated today with free-kick expert Paul McStay singled out and clattered on 5 mins - then stretchered off. Deputy Captain not only took over the armband but stepped up to take the free-kick and rifled home. Bremner came on for McStay and DMC Mackay was ordered to support the midfield. The 4-1-4-1 was containing the visitors 4-1-3-2 well. In 11 mins Mackay strode forward and the visitors midfield parted as they covered Buffs movement......so Mackay pushed on and struck from 25m. 2-0 to the Buffs. Just before halftime McLeish floated in a corner for Law to head home. Fletcher came on for Souness and Mols for Law and Buffs changed to 4-5-1V. If the switch was designed to open up the Reims defence more it failed. It wasn't until the 75th minute that another McLeish corner caused panic in the REims defence and Fletcher caught it on the half-volley for number 4. Reims had a man sent off in 77 mins and soon benefitted from the 'Red Card Booster' when they caught the Buffs defence napping to grab a consolation goal. 4-1 it finished and McLeish stepped aside to allow McStay to hobble up and collect the league trophy.

Its been 3 tense seasons now, all tight until the end in the league, and although there has been little progress in the Cup, Buffs have now finished 1st, 2nd and 1st in the League and won both Champions League they have been eligible for. Buffs Mad's end of season report must surely, at least, read.....satisfactory.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast