Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Gonna miss my game this evening but with the league leaders being thumped 4-1 at home by 6th it should be 'musical chairs' again. 3 pts between top 5 with 2 games to play today: 4th v Buffs (3rd) & Bottom v 2nd.

I'll just need to set up and hope for the best.

EDIT: as 2nd place are held to a draw at the bottom side the Buffs take advantage to sneak top on goal difference (+10vs+5) with a 2-0 away win. A solo effort on 19 mins by Kalkoul (AML) and Morrison (MC) converting a chance in 84mins (assist by Savage) sealed the win.

Training News: Buffs' DC/DR Sandor Urban Szabo achieves a 5* rating in training tonight.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-11-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Current State of affairs

League Match 7

On the Team bus Buffs Mad tried to rally the team. In view of the unexpected slips by nearest rivals he challenged his team to apply the pressure and "let's see if they can handle it!".

Buffs matched up to the opposition in a 4-4-2 but looking to go hard for the early goal. Buffs Mad had visibly delivered on his promise to Gibson to provide striker support to see if he could finally deliver goals. After 30 mins of stalemate a tactical switch was made to 4-2-2W-2. In a 13 min spell either side of the break Buffs were 4 up and cruising. (Still no goals for Gibson tho with his 'inferior' strike partner helping himself to a brace).

Two goals late on for the home side gave them momentum going into the final 8 mins. Even a Buffs reply in 84 mins to make it 5-2 couldn't completely squash the nerves and murmurs in the crowd as they conceded again almost immediately. A 5-3 win and with news filtering through that one of the challengers had stumbled to a draw it was a decent days work. But given the events of the last 15 mins this must become a lesson learned. Play to the final whistle Buffs!

Starting Formations

Switch

Highlights

Buffs FC rack up their 4th straight win in the CL scoring 4 for no reply against 'I think our Manager fell down a well cos we haven't seen him for ages' FC. The absence of Jordan Gibson, Striker had tongues wagging throughout the ground. Rumour has it he was 'papped' in a lap-dancing bar the evening before the match. Further rumours say he failed to score there either.

Has Gibson played his last game for the Buffs? Ominously, Paul MacDonald, Striker promoted from the reserves walked away with the MoM Champagne.

The Buffs today secured the signature of 5* Welsh Wizard Mattie Butler for an undisclosed fee. Buffs Mad said "Mattie brings experience and skill, determination & pace and a singing vioce that will add quality to the post-match bath." When asked about Jordan Gibson and questioned whether this move was short-termism at best and knee-jerk panic at worst Buffs Mad appeared to indicate that they were still fighting on two fronts....by raising that number of fingers and walking off.

Buffs today play host to the 3rd place team who have yet to lose a league match.

Feeder Club news just in: Celtic Rangers negotiated the return leg of their Cup Qualifying tie with a 1-1 away draw, progressing 5-2 on aggregate, with star man Alan Higgins scoring today's leveller.

Buffs Held at home

Today saw the visit of undefeated 3rd place team. Visitors took the lead early on slicing through the buffs defence like a hot knife through butter. The warning was heeded with Buffs tightening up significantly (which ultimately would see Centre Back, Savage would collect MoM). Buffs remained down at half time but at least the defence was composed. Buffs would have to chase the game and chase it they did, forcing an equaliser in 55 mins with Paraibabo heading home a Savage (pun intended) corner. Buffs pressed and pressed but the visitors held on - and even threatened from a breakaway in the dying minutes - so all square at the end.

That's the Buffs played each of the other top 6 teams - with a visit to 7th place up next - while still clinging on to top spot by virtue of a superior goal difference.

Feeder Club News: No problems again for Celtic Rangers with a routine 3-0 win at home. Striker Daniel Morris now has 16 goals in all competitions and Alan Higgins, Centre Back 16 assists.

Day 10 Squad List

With 3 MCs out through injury or suspension I'm having to dip into the transfer market again. I'll probably get an old one...short on cash.

Fun reading
    I had no idea about you're showcase.
    I will follow it!

Good luck!
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Welcome.

O.....M......G. Buffs Mad bids on a striker then the ageing buffoon decides to 'rest his eyes for 2 mins', falls asleep and loses out. So with an impending match and only 1 fit MC he jumps into action <cue Superman theme>.....................and goes and buys a DMC!

So medical staff work overtime to get an MC fit for today's match. (Down to last kit now.) Nurse also seeks Board Approval to increase Buffs Mad's medication without further consultation. Approval given.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast