Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

You're giving up too soon...

Last season after round 18:

Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112-s21-round-18.png

Three matches later:

Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112-s21-round-21.png

Of course it needed the troll fairy to visit Suzuran FC a couple of times (the third was a draw between them and Sajete Boys), but just goes to show anything can happen...
    Last edited by talisman; 05-22-2015 at 01:55 PM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I'm not giving up I'm just not trying to tempt fate

I've come back from 8 and 10 pts before and won. 13pts was a bigger margin so its more hope than expectation....but secretly *shhhh* I'm still hoping

Just don't tell anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lord Nordeus I beseech you. Send forth your Troll Army to Greece (not near Nik ) and France and deliver us our rightful prize!"

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I'm not giving up I'm just not trying to tempt fate

"Lord Nordeus I beseech you. Send forth your Troll Army to Greece (not near Nik ) and France and deliver us our rightful prize!"
    If the Troll Army is going near Greece they can visit my 1st place team too...
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    If the Troll Army is going near Greece they can visit my 1st place team too...

Why oh why oh why....?

In the league, I beat 14th twice scoring 13; I beat 12th twice scoring 11; but I draw 1-1 twice with 13th.

Let's file it under "Bogey Team".

Where did it all go wrong?

My Striker scores around 30 goals by Day 14; in 25 matches (yeah I 'work them baby') he rates below 8, 6 times. He gets injured in the Cup. He's rested, subbed, trained, cuddled and spoken to nicely but not until Day 20 does he rate 8 or over.

Let's file it under "Convalescence".

Player of the Season candidates

The season is not yet complete but the nominations are in.

Jack Harper, ST, 1on1 SA - 48 games, 51 goals, 20 assists, 16 MoM, 7.79 average rating (due to 3rd quarter slump);
    James Morrison, MC, no SA - 48 games, 20 goals, 23 assists, 4 MoM, 7.45 average rating;
    Andrew Robertson, DL/DC, no SA - 50 games (ever present), 4 goals, 1 assist, 4 MoM, 7.52 average rating - not a 6 or lower in sight (so far);

Steve Nicol, DL/DC has already been awarded the Buffs Barmy Army "Cut him and he bleeds Blue n White" Recognition for Commitment having played in all matches this Season and 328 in his career. He also has rated 7, 8 or 9 only this Season so far, not a 6 or lower in sight.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-29-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Still some fun to be had around CL spot (I beat 4th today), but who cares......

Season End

Performance Awards

Main Striker Jack Harper picked up the League Top Scorer & Top Rated Awards. He finished second to the Buffs' MC James Morrison in the Top Passer category.

Buffs Mad ignored the Glory Stats in his selection of Player of the Season and opted for the ever-present, ever-consistent Andrew Robertson (DL/DC) - the 21 y.o. played in all 52 matches this Season with an average rating of 7.52.

Jack Harper finished the Season with 52 goals, 20 assists and 17 MoM - although he exceeded the 40 goal target Buffs Mad said "He should have scored 50 and would have had he remained focused."

James Morrison excelled after being given respnsibility for CKs from the left and finished with 21 goals, 25 assists and 4 MoM. His midfield partner Liam Henderson was tagged with the most likely to exceed the 7.50 average rating (and failed) but it was Morrison that went closest out of the MCs with a 7.47 average.

DL/DC Steve Nicol exceeded the 320 match target and increased the Buffs' Appearance Record to 330.

Milestone Achieved

Jack Harper scores his 100th Buffs goal in his 3rd season.

DMC/MC Experiment

Lord Nordeus got his way with the Boosters nerf and the Buffs had to invest 24T to complete Charlie Mulgrew's training.

Mulgrew has so far played 3 matches at MC and 5 at DMC achieving 7 ratings on all occasions. Lets hope Lord Nordeus leaves him be and doesn't trash his performances from now on. O.o

The main reasons this has been done are 1. just to see if both roles are compatible and 2. to simplify the transition from 451v to 432w1 etc.

Performance Update - Day 10

Its important to recognise that Stankov and Baxter are both left wingers and I often give them 45 mins each a lot of matches so their stats should really be counted together. This allows me to make my booster sub and bring on an impact player when I need to try to trigger something. Good to see my GK steal a MoM this early - both main MCs have been performing well but Striker Harper just loves the taste of Champagne too much.....maybe I should rename him *Champagne* Charlie Nicholas.

'Stooge' Curly Howard did come on as a sub and rate 8 once but I think it was a friendly (for booster) before I had any other subs. Moe and Larry remain disinterested in this Soccer thing.

\o/ Live Match on my PC \o/

So here's some pretty updates of my DMC and MCs

Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-17-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast