Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Training News

Dave Mackay, DC/DMC achieved 6* recognition following tonight's CL match. Let's hope this accolade doesn't unsettle him as it has others in the last few days.

Goram, Hansen and Dalglish should follow him soon as Buffs Mad steps up the training sessions on Cup-free days.

Transfer News

Lets hope it doesn't prove to be a mistake but Buffs Mad has started clearing out some of the idle squad members. With 3 moving on the squad is getting a bit light. Keep Calm, Carry On.

Breaking Training News

After having bought a Scout last week (stupid I know ) - just to have done it, he achieved 7* after last nights training. He still waddles across the park like a useless bag of.....but at least he does so with another shiny star.

Lets see if he gets a 5 rating in today's game. >.<

League:

It was one-way traffic in Turkey as Buffs took the game to the opposition. The home manager was not present but Buffs Mad recognised the squeals of a visitor "cheering for the...." host team. Although the first half was goal-less much of the play took place in the home sides half. It had been a valiant defensive display with the hosts throwing themselves at everything and using every part of their bodies to keep Buffs out. Unfortunately for 1 brave defender who got in the way of a Mackay pile-driver that meant 5 mins out with the magic sponge down his shorts. (Later Buffs Mad, kind soul that he is, passed the player the business card of a good fertility clinic).

The second half started as the home manager appeared. The Buffs pitched tents in the opposition penalty area and were rewarded for their possession in 51 mins as Mackay pounced on a poor clearance and rifled home. 1-0

The home side made a change, to force play down the left, when the ball was out for a Buffs corner. But he had no time to make any impact as Caesar crossed and Jinky headed home. 2-0

Time for some hard-ball tactics as Souness was chopped down outside the box with the home side determined to send a message to the marauding Buffs. It proved to be an expensive message as Mackay took the free kick and sent a rocket into the top corner. 3-0

It had been brave defending by the homeside with the occasional break but 3 goals in 6 minutes seemed like a just reward for the Buffs endeavour.

The home side stepped up 1 last gear and pressed and made another substitution. 10 minutes of midfield dueling began but with only a few long range shots from the home team carrying any threat. Mackay's heel was playing a blinder, like the slimiest politician........it deflected everything.

Souness decided to step in and make his mark on this midfield battle - but instead made his mark (not deliberately ofc) on the young Turkish MC - Yellow for Souness. The action slowly drifted further and further into the home side's territory once more until the pressure was relentless. The script repeated itself. Foul on the edge of the box, Mackay places the ball, *whoosh* and keeper picks it out of the net. The remaining 8 mins were played out in midfield with both sides drained.

Banana skin avoided but the real test for the Buffs will come in the next round of matches which will see them host the league leaders and, after a minimum rest period, travel to Brazil for the 1st leg of the CL tie.

Apprentice
    Congrats on the win, and good luck tomorrow
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

Thank you David.

Following little Celtic Rangers 3-1 win in the Cup Q-final we offer them a little highlight here, with the key moments and stats from the match.

Although the Squad is under pressure now and Midas McGonnigal might need to dip into the transfer market to secure an MR and perhaps DR too.

....and.....back to Buffs FC.

Buffs Mad is pursuing a high risk strategy having made cuts to the playing staff, but, as the players on the periphery of the squad were not up to the job it was decided to cut them loose and fill the transfer pot.

Current Squad is:

Opposition

It has to be said that Buffs are very much the outsiders in the title race - 5 pts adrift of the sole leaders following the now second placed teams slip in drawing with the same side that held Buffs yesterday.

It has been a competitive S2 league with at least 8 very active players. As far as quality is concerned it would not be fair to compare numbers given Buffs 'trimmed' squad raising its ave. Q (and it'd make my managerial skills look really bad ) but the leaders currently boast 4xScouts and 5x29Q players; 2nd has 2xScouts and 5x29Q; and Buffs as above with 1xWC, 3xScouts and 2x29Q.

Apprentice
    Stop copying me man :P Just put 4 players on the sales market in prep for next season, sadly all 2* so they are next to useless next season
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Malone View Post
    Stop copying me man :P Just put 4 players on the sales market in prep for next season, sadly all 2* so they are next to useless next season
    Haha, well it is the sincerest form of flattery.

But now you have drawn me back in here I notice that the auto-sub was quick with replacements today in Celtic Rangers match, particularly the 2nd one.

Apprentice
    How do you have two teams? Is it separate facebook accounts or what?

Quote Originally Posted by David Malone View Post
    How do you have two teams? Is it separate facebook accounts or what?
    Yes separate accounts. I actually have 3 teams because when I was setting up a referral team (to see if there are any worthwhile benefits) I then forgot to invite the account before I took a team! O.o XD So I had to do it again.

Thankfully Celtic Rangers lost in the CL knockout tie or they'd have been set to troll Buffs FC in the semis >.<

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast