Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Leicester Tigers

Rookie
    Tigers thrill fans in away cu victory.

Leicester Tigers achieved what most people though was impossible. They beat Dortmund 1-0 and then went on to knock them out of the cup competition in penalties. The Tigers lost the home leg of the cup qualifying round 1-0 against a strong, very strong and a 3 level higher team. In the away leg a goal in the 32nd minuet from Buhler put the tigers level on aggregate. It was now all to play for, and lots of players had lots of chances to become the cup hero, but non converted the opportunities. The tension rose and the pressure was applied when the ref ran out of options except to go to penalties. Leicester didn't miss one penalty where as the home side missed two. The final score in penalties was 2-4 to Tigers.

Many of the players were tired after this game and the Team manger made 3 changes to the squad. Tigers continued on top form with 2 early goals from stand in 2nd teamer Robertson (5' + 20'). The away side looked comfortable however this all changed with 3 goals in 10 minuets put the guys in green and red 3-2 down at half time. The scores remained like this for the first half of the second half and Terrance decided to make a change, introducing Ay into the game. This seemed to boast morale and tigers got given a penalty in which Nemeth (76') finished well. Tigers would have been satisfied with that draw away from home however the Manger put more 1st team forwards on. This resulted in an increase of pressure on the home side and Tigers coverted this into a goal. Fenwick (85') giving Tigers a 3-4 comeback victory.

Press conference

Cook, the Tigers captain wanted to praise his fellow players. "Wow, the lads played awesome today, in both games. That first game was tough and Dortmund FC, well all credit to them for making us fight all the way, they were a good team. But we proved today that we are a good team too and can handle any situation weather its penalties or taking 3 goals in 10 minuets but managing to come back and win. I say well done to everyone involved, even the fans."
    "Well done on becoming man of the match in the cup game"
    "Oh was i? Fantastic thank you, yeah i played well in the first game of the day, I had to, if i didn't we would have been out, simple. But yeah every chance i got, I managed to save so I guess i was pretty pleased with how it went."
    "Not so good in the 2nd though?"
    "Nah, i suppose not, i did struggle to find my feet a little during that game, I think the cheering and celebrating took a little while to dispose of and too get back to work but we found our form at the right time of the game and got the job done."

The Tigers manager said "I am so proud of the lads today, just in general what a day. From captain to the last 2nd teamer, suburb! That away win in the cup was just awesome and to knock out a team that were amoungst the favourites to win the tournament, oh and don't forget we lost to them at home in the first round, is tremendous! For the 2nd game, well the guys deserved a rest so i put on a few 2nd teamers and they seemed to go really well too and didn't let the league dampen the spirits.

In Other news

Tigers will play Danniel FC in the Playoff round of the cup, they are rated only 1 level higher that Tigers so it should bring up some good top eleven. Tickets will be realised at £6 in the morning when kickoff times are confirmed. A reminder that this game is not included in the season ticket. Danniel FC play in London, England which is only a limited drive away. For this reason Leicester will receive 50 tickets and will be sold on firs come first severed bases. The 50 tickets are for the away leg and will cost around £7.

Leicester Tigers are pleased to announce that ALL 150 season tickets have been sold, thank you for your support and long may it continue.

In the League, Tigers are on 10 points sitting in 1st. The 2nd placed team are 1 point behind.
    Cat Harrison, khris and TheAdix like this.

Rookie
    Tigers continue good run of form at home

Today Leicester Tigers played FC King Lion. A team positioned 13th promoted Leicester Tigers manager Terrance to make a couple of alterations to the squad to allow some rest for tomorrows cup match at home kicking off at 21:45. Leicester came out of the changing rooms fired up with lots of chances being created within the first 10 minuets. Due to an outstanding defence, non of these chances payed off. The boys started the 2nd half with the same mentality, the only different this time was that it worked. Lee (47') the goal scorer. The defence of the opponents stayed strong but Ay (72') managed to slip another into the net to give tigers a 2-0 victory to the delight of the home side. Tigers remain on top of the league and are now 3 points clear.

Press conference

Cook, the club captain was rested for the game today but watched from the sidelines. "It was nice to get some rest after the rush of the early part of the season, it also provided me with some opportunity to watch the lads play and see what areas i think, as captain, we need to work on. Yet again I am proud of the boys for playing really well and getting the job done"

The team manager said "Its lovely to tick off another win at home, we really want to make this place a scary place to come with some fear factor for the opposition to edge the mental side when it comes to the big big games. I thought today though, we didn't play as well as we could have done, but their were a few new guys in the team developed from the 2nd team friendlies plus we are saving ourselves well for tomorrows cup game."
    "Are you preparing well for the cup?"
    "Yes its going well, the players are getting the rest they deserve and need. Its difficult to find some time off in top eleven so we need to take our chances. The league game 4 hours before the cup match isn't ideal at all but we can't really do much about that, i don't like spending money, (because we don't have much) to the cup organisation to change our fixture and the league one is an away game so we can't do much I'm afraid. But we will cope, we may have to sacrifice the league game a little but we will try our best in both and are planning to win both. Obviously that 3 point buffer at the top helps"

Todays man of the match was Tigers defender Ay. "Thank you, this reward is probably the most rewarding to get because it shows that my efforts are paying off and being noticed, thank you and i hope to play as well today forever! haha"

In other news

Tigers have a vey special deal on offer tomorrow, with the cup game at home kicking off at 21:45 and an away cup match at 17:15 tigers will have a busy day. The club will open Welford Road gates at 16:30 where early drinks and a live band will be on offer just off the pitch, for an extra £10 on top of the match ticket. This will be a great event and will allow the team fans and members to bond and have some great social time. The away league match will be streamed on a big screen so supports will be able to watch. The away team will then fly in, soon followed by rushed home tigers players where you will see them warm up and prepare for a big match. The band performing will be an all round covers band called Stitch. The band play lots of different styles ranging from 80's to modern day songs. They will include 3 performances, 16:30 - 17:10, 17:30- 19:30 and 22:00 to a Sunday stadium curfew of 23:00. At 19:45, the local Leicester dance club will perform a special show for an hour, until the teams begin warming up. This is a great idea for the club and the chairman says "This will be a good meet and greet with other fans so please come early, they're plenty of drinks! We will also open the gates to non top eleven fans at the start of Stitch's final performance. Please note you will not be allowed on the pitch as there is no time to lay down the pitch protection covers, but the walkway and behind the advertisement boards around the crumble stand and opposite will be valid"
    TheAdix likes this.

Rookie
    Tigers play two great games to maintain good position

Leicester Tigers played Nikiclub FC in todays round 6 league match. Again the Leicester manager decided to rest a few players to keep the team fresh going into the cup playoff round at home 4 hours later. Tigers had a slow first half, some might say disappointing, especially when key player Lemke got flashed a yellow card, his 2nd of the competition which means he will take no part in tomorrows league match. Just before half time striker Lee (44') put the ball between the posts and under the cross bar to give Tigers a 1-0 lead going into the break. Leicester went 2-0 up when the other Green and red striker haddrell (60') scored. This inspired Terrance to call on the substitutions to rest the players involved in the cup. The 2nd teamers provided a morale boost for the team in which saw the Tigers score 2 more goals Placzek (75') and a 2nd from Lee (79'). This wrapped up a 4-0 victory.

The Tigers then travelled back home to face some strong opponents in the cup. They played a team called Danniel FC, a team a level higher than the home boys. Leicester got off to a slow start, possibly the tiredness from the plane causing some problem. A goal was scored by the away side in the 17th minuet which put the pressure right on the tigers. Tigers scored two just before the break with Nemeth (34') and Lee getting his 3rd (39') of the day. Fans were singing his name. 2-1 at the break. After a team talk the tigers decided to bank and park the bus. They sealed the win with a goal from injury stand in Ragusa (71') to win the game 3-1 giving the Tigers a handy lead going into the second leg.

Press conference

Cook the Tigers captain said "The two good wins today cements us into a good position, with a comfortable lead in the league and favourites to go though into the meaty part of the cup competition. It feels good to be achieving this in our first year of top eleven as a club. Again the boys, including myself are beginning to show what our team is all about. Today, I was far from my best during both games but i carried on and managed to dog it out and doing the correct things at the correct and important times."

Tigers boss says "Like Cook says, we are in a great position to push on and go for some high level success, its in our hands, in both competitions and thats always a really good thing. In my previous experiences, the real part of the cup tournament starts at the top 16 round. This is the stage where the money goes up steeper and this is the stage where we want to be at. We are now one simple game away from being in it."
    "A word on Lemke's suspension?"
    "Ahh look, I'm very disappointed in him and Im sure the rest of the team is also. He's a star player though and hell be back, at least this saves me from trying to schedule him for a rest! On a serious note, I have noticed that the players disapline is getting out of hand with a least 3 players on final warnings and I've said from the start good discipline is needed. Its currently the only thing drawing us back"

In other news

Lemke has been banned from the League match tomorrow. He will be available for Round 8 on Tuesday. Also on the non-playing list is Ramadan who suffered from a Calf strain in a training session. He also will be available for selection on Tuesday.

Leicester Tigers still have 43 tickets available for the cup match away on Tuesday. With the game being in the same country we automatically get some tickets and only 7 have been sold so far. Please book before midday tomorrow to get a seat on the bus, otherwise they have to be sent back for Sale to Danniel FC fans.

The Leicester Tigers opened the Welford Road gates early today so fans could meet and greet and also watch the away match on the big screen. Paula Clarke, a new Leicester fan said during the event 'Ahh its great to be able to do this, to chat to the other supporters and get to know them a little bit, its nice to see some people as Tiger crazy as I am" The band called Stitch also played and drew in the big numbers, especially when the gates were open to the public at 22:00 when an extra 1,500 people came though the gates, the maximum allowed. Stitch really enjoyed playing and said they would love to be back.

Finally Leicester Tigers annonce plans to build their own medical centre just over the road from the home stadium. This comes as the Youth academy centre was set up which allows young players to trial out for the team and to train to get to Tigers standards. You never know, you could be the next Tigers star.

Rookie
    Tigers dig out an important League draw

Just one match today for the Tigers saw them take on FC Juclaw, a team who have spent a lot of money in the last few days but are sitting mid table with the money spent not showing any good form. However they were a team that were capable of beating Tigers (ranked 2.8 higher) so the Leicester manager was right not to take any rests and risks. With Lemke banned, Tigers started off slowly, conceding an early goal to a player who was shown a yellow card 5 minuets after. The away side lead 0-1 at half time. Nemeth (51') got the scoring underway for Leicester, however play seemed to have stalled from this moment onwards for both teams. No side made any more chances and no luck was around for the boys in green and red, despite substitutions there was nothing going on that could swing the balance of the game. Full time arrived 1-1.

Press Conference

Cook, the leader of the squad at Welford Road said "we weren't firing on all cylinders today and luckily neither were the away side. i guess you could call it a pretty average performance and we did a job in which we could keep a handy 3 point lead at the top of the table, so theyre are some important positives to take from the game which we will carry into tomorrows huge cup match."

Terrance team manager said "Again, like Cook said it was an average performance and I'm not too displeased with that, I mean its not exactly what we wanted but again we don't want to burn out for tomorrow. On another day this team could have beat us and if I'm honest, even though they're in 6th place and are 6 points behind us at the moment, I believe they are our closest title contenders with the money they have spent improving their team. A draw was defiantly a good result."
    "How are the plans going tomorrow?"
    "Well, the players can get some long rest now, over 24 hours and some will be spend with families to improve morale and many other things. We have a league game away 3 hours before the away cup match starts which is really frustrating and annoying but we will manage it correctly and deal with it appropriately"

In other news

Tigers suffered two more injuries in training with Nemeth out for 2 days missing his important cup game and 2nd team goal keeper Afful out for 4 days. This adds to the already injured Ramadan who is due to be back for tomorrow but is unlikely to feature in the cup game.

Planning for this seasons on-pitch festival is well underway. Depending on fixture scheduling with a possible cup tie, Leicester are hoping to host the festival starting on Friday running right though Sunday evening. At the moment there is no matches at home form Friday morning until Tuesday evening. This gives the Tigers possible time to host this seasons concert. If Tigers progress to the next round of the cup it is likely that the Saturday will remain free and available along with either a Friday or the Sunday night. A mixture of bands and dancers will be performing alongside great food.This festival will be on pitch along with a few players. The pitch protection covers will be on and the stage will also be on pitch. Leicester Tigers are looking to host this festival every month with different events. For example November there will be bonfire and fireworks. Please keep this weekend free in your diary for some amazing event coming to Welford Road.

Rookie
    Tigers perform at top level during both games

Leicester Tigers played their first match in the League against opponents FC Steaua, a team positioned 7th in the league. Tigers were cool calm and collected with two easy first half goals, one from Lee (18') and the second from Buhler (37'). There was no reply from the home side giving Tigers a lead of 0-2 going into the interval. Haddrell (53') banged one straight into the back of the net which sealed the victory and made it easier to watch on a Tigers perspective. The opponants soon replied but it wasn't enough. With the game in the bag, Terrance brought on the replacements to give some key players a rest before going into important cup match. The league game finished 1-3.

Tigers quickly flew over to London to meet cup playoff opponents Danniel FC in which the Tigers already held a 3-1 advantage. 50 tickets were realised to the Tigers as the match was in the corresponding country, and those 50 were purchased rather quickly. Tigers shown no jet lag signs with Buhler (4') scoring his 2nd of the day almost straight into the match. Leicester shown they were still on form and had carried the confidence of the earlier days work over to England. The score remained 0-1 at half time. 10 minuets after the break and with a confertable agregate score of 4-1 the team manager decided to bring in 2 2nd teamers to give them some experience. Even though non of them scored they added extra energy to the squad leading up to goals from Mizrahi (65') and Ward (70') giving the win to the Green and white shirted men. Tigers won 0-3 on the day giving a total score of 6-1.

Press conference

Cook had some words to say "Its great to stay in the lead of the League and also kick on though to the serious part of the cup contest, the round of 16. To end up in that round was where we never thought we would be and we just want to take on this chance and convert it into something really worth having to give every member pride when they put on this very shirt in many seasons to come. I played really well, especially in the 2nd game as I got man of the match but i just fed off the boys, they played well and made life easier. This has been a great effort by players coaches and even fans, the 50 of them that made the journey down, well done and thank you"

The manager said "yet again, I'm proud of how the boys played, I can't say how well i think they are doing in their maiden year, they're just making things happen which is fantastic. To be in the big meaty part of the tournament means a lot and also will help the club a lot with the raised steaply money prices and fame. We also get to try ourselves against the best at our level so we want a chance to see where we are at and how far we have came. I feel very special to be in this position, something I must admit i wanted but never though id get it."

In other news

Leicester Tigers enhance their lead at the top of the table to 5 points giving them an even better buffer should they need to rest key players for big cup games.

Leicester Tigers will face Edy FC after drawing with their opponents 4-4 but coming through on away goals by scoring in the 88th minute of the 2nd leg. It sure will be a tough match for the tigers as they all are now in the playoff stage of the competition, as Edy FC are 2 levels higher with a better rating of 0.8.

Injured defender Ramadan returned to the match day squad today but didn't make it into the playing team in either game, he's most likely to play tomorrow.

Rookie
    Leicester Tigers made it to the Cup quarter finals and came second in the League at the end of season 1. Please read the edited post starter to read the reviews and previews of Season 1 and season 2.

Rookie
    Ricky Lee has left the club. He played 57 matches for the Tigers scoring an impressive 16 goals. We wish him well for the future.

Wow a great learning, I wish you good luck full

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I like your writing but I would like some images too.
    You know, "a picture is worth a thousand words"
    I upload maybe over 1000 images and no one told "ok pal, enough of your pictures, stop !"
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Leicester Tigers win back to back league title

Leicester Tigers finished off season number 3 today, taking the cup for the 2nd time in 2 seasons. The season as a whole was another brilliant one despite getting knocked out in the cup and champions league at the last 16 stage. In the cup and the champions league the Tigers lost to the eventual champions giving them a far better game than anyone else. In the League, Tigers knew they had won the competition in round 22. They almost achieved a 26 win trophy, only to draw one game in round 21.

Terrance, Tigers manager commented on the season. "Yet again, I'm so so proud of the boys, its been a great league campaign and we were unlucky not to get the 26 wins we probably should have got. In the Cup and Champions League we got unlucky with the draw. Ok, in the Champions League we didn't get top spot in the group giving us a tough game against the best but it was still hard luck, especially in the cup. I feel we've made a lot of progress this year and as a whole we are ready to move on into next season looking confident and with a new look attack"

Next seasons targets?
    "Ahh look, as always we will asses that matter when all the draws have been completed but for now, winning the league is an absolute must, I want, and feel the team is good enough, to get to the final of both the Cup and Champions League if not further. I feel now, we have so much strength in depth that though injuries, suspensions and poor form we have the players that are able to step up to the plate allowing me to give rest to players when needed, something I've not been able to do at this club yet. Im feeling positive towards the new season, but lets just enjoy this league trophy tonight first!"

Presentation
    This years presentation is ran by the club chairman, Matt and the Top eleven League chairman for our server.

Winner of the Tigers Hot Pick award (most games) is....The captain and rock at the back....Ges Cook!!! with 42 games.
    Winner of the Tigers Silver Boot award (most assists) is....Marc Lemke!!! With 41 assists.
    Winner of the Tigers Man of the Moment award (most man of the matches) is.....Marc Lemke!!!! With 23 Man of the Matches.
    Winner of the Tigers Golden Boot (most goals) is....Marc Lemke! With 48 goals.
    Winner of the Tigers Worst Disciplined extra training award is....Ross Parle!!! With 3 yellow cards and 1 red (5 points)
    Winner of the Tigers Best newcomer is....Pablo Moratalla!!!
    Winner of the Tigers Young Player of the Year is...Roberto Ricci!!!
    Winner of the Tigers Defender of the year is....Serkan Ay!!!
    Winner of the Tigers Attacker of the year is....Marc Lemke!!!
    Winner of the Tigers Player of the year is....Marc Lemke!!!

Winner of the Leagues Golden Boot is....Marc Lemke!!! With 34 League Goals.
    Winner of the Leagues Top Rated Player is....Marc Lemke!!! With a rating of 9.3.
    Winner of the Leagues Silver Boot is....Youve guessed it....Marc Lemke!!! With 30 Assists.

A big well done to Marc Lemke who again, for the second season running, wins all 3 league awards!!

Finally, The Champions of League Level 3, receiving a prize of £3.3 Million Pounds. the League trophy and most important of all, the title of League Champions for the 2nd time in a row.....Leicester Tigers!!!!!

Extra
    And a last word from your reporter as the Fireworks fly from the pitch as Ges Cook lifts the league trophy, its sad to announcer the retirement of a star at Welford Road, Aaron Robertson. He's a player who's been at the club since the first game in season 1. He would always come on to the pitch and do the job whilst Lemke was injured or rested. Down to one star now he, would have struggled anyway but he was given the start today and scored a goal which just sums up what a great minded player he was. We all wish you well for the future, thank you for the memories. He played 38 matches for the club scoring 17 games.

Thank you, I hope to see you all next season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast