Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments

Introduction

I am creating this to help me remember my journey as it seems this game will be never ending but I feel it is a good enough game that I would play for quite a while.

Am now towards the end of my 2nd season in level 2 and I did not screen grab anything from season 1 so I will just briefly talk about it in my next post!

I will update this at the beginning of every new season and summarise what transpired over the past month.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-d2ea65c8-2700-4b9d-88e4-87540b93cf87.jpg
    Last edited by khris; 10-31-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M and dominiclhouvum like this.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Introduction

I am creating this to help me remember my journey as it seems this game will be never ending but I feel it is a good enough game that I would play for quite a while.

Am now towards the end of my 2nd season in level 2 and I did not screen grab anything from season 1 so I will just briefly talk about it in my next post!

I will update this at the beginning of every new season and summarise what transpired over the past month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2EA65C8-2700-4B9D-88E4-87540B93CF87.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	130550
    Alright how are you getting on in the CL because I know you are 1st in the league and cup.

We are in the Semis and we are 3-0 up from the first leg but I still think I am heading out, we are now slightly stronger against them but all their players have special abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season 1 Level 1

Mistakes!!!

1st mistake Budgeting

We will start with 80 tokens and 5 million plus cash. I blew 5 million plus almost immediately on an AML and an ST. They cost me 1 token each and were both 18 years old. Great right? NO!

I was dead poor following that mistake and we make so little from our gate receipts and competition prizes at level 1. They were only 1 token as other players were smart enough to know that more than 2 players were required to make a team. I would not say avoid young players entirely but mix it up a little and buy those expensive young ones last not first!

I did eventually manage to add players but they were very old since I had a lot of players to buy but so little money and had to do it fast or face cup elimination or league losses. Needless to say, my team could not improve much because my team was old. I should also mention cheap old high quality players cost a lot of tokens so i targeted players in their lower 70s and higher 60s for quality.

2nd mistake Training

Another mistake I only realised in season 2 but will mention it here is Train Young Only. I was training my entire team and worse of all using green packs on the entire team through the physiotherapist or team massage. Training should be done individually or by positions with specific drills. I used the same standard drills training everyone.

3rd mistake Bonuses

Use light drills. I was making my players very tired and exhausting my greens thinking hard drills would increase bonuses faster. Not true and light drills increase it faster. Even better if used with the video for x2 bonuses. Also not all bonuses require the same number of players.

TPB 6 players of any position required
    Physical 8 players of any position
    Possession 4 Midfielders
    Defense 4 defenders which include DMC and GK
    Attack 4 attackers which include MC ML MR

Competitions!!

I really got lucky as I was not very active but won most of my early matches with my mediocre team that was heavily reliant on my 2 young studs. They did great and won almost all MOMs so that made up for my lousy training. I realised as the season went on, more active players joined me in both cup and league.

Cup
    It is weird as the game allocated the active players who joined midway teams which were already eliminated from the cup. So I breezed through while I saw teams that were 100 Plus quality sitting greyed out at the first round or second round.

League
    Nothing much to say as I had the perfect season. 26 wins. A few players joined midway but were too late so they settled for 2nd and 3rd spot without having to spend too much time and effort.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-bb99ce8f-4491-4f3c-bec6-fde255cc09f9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Alright how are you getting on in the CL because I know you are 1st in the league and cup.

We are in the Semis and we are 3-0 up from the first leg but I still think I am heading out, we are now slightly stronger against them but all their players have special abilities.

Finals mate! Against another inactive weak opponent! Only way I would lose is if the game wants me to.
    Good luck to us both!

Max

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Season 1 Level 1

Mistakes!!!

1st mistake Budgeting

We will start with 80 tokens and 5 million plus cash. I blew 5 million plus almost immediately on an AML and an ST. They cost me 1 token each and were both 18 years old. Great right? NO!

I was dead poor following that mistake and we make so little from our gate receipts and competition prizes at level 1. They were only 1 token as other players were smart enough to know that more than 2 players were required to make a team. I would not say avoid young players entirely but mix it up a little and buy those expensive young ones last not first!

I did eventually manage to add players but they were very old since I had a lot of players to buy but so little money and had to do it fast or face cup elimination or league losses. Needless to say, my team could not improve much because my team was old. I should also mention cheap old high quality players cost a lot of tokens so i targeted players in their lower 70s and higher 60s for quality.

2nd mistake Training

Another mistake I only realised in season 2 but will mention it here is Train Young Only. I was training my entire team and worse of all using green packs on the entire team through the physiotherapist or team massage. Training should be done individually or by positions with specific drills. I used the same standard drills training everyone.

3rd mistake Bonuses

Use light drills. I was making my players very tired and exhausting my greens thinking hard drills would increase bonuses faster. Not true and light drills increase it faster. Even better if used with the video for x2 bonuses. Also not all bonuses require the same number of players.

TPB 6 players of any position required
    Physical 8 players of any position
    Possession 4 Midfielders
    Defense 4 defenders which include DMC and GK
    Attack 4 attackers which include MC ML MR

Competitions!!

I really got lucky as I was not very active but won most of my early matches with my mediocre team that was heavily reliant on my 2 young studs. They did great and won almost all MOMs so that made up for my lousy training. I realised as the season went on, more active players joined me in both cup and league.

Cup
    It is weird as the game allocated the active players who joined midway teams which were already eliminated from the cup. So I breezed through while I saw teams that were 100 Plus quality sitting greyed out at the first round or second round.

League
    Nothing much to say as I had the perfect season. 26 wins. A few players joined midway but were too late so they settled for 2nd and 3rd spot without having to spend too much time and effort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB99CE8F-4491-4F3C-BEC6-FDE255CC09F9.jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	130551
    One thing you never do is when you come in to the game and you have 80 tokens, don’t blow 69 of them on one player, I know a near 7 star player sounds good but remember you are only getting 1 player, think to yourself is he worth it? And if possible check his previous form and skills. And also what about the rest of your team? 2. Settle for near 6 star players, as a freeloader I do this and save much more tokens, if I just spent my tokens one 7 star player it would raise your team quality from lets’s say 50% to 59%,

If you buy near/ 6 star players with your tokens at the start of the season, you have a good chance of getting a 100+% team,

I learnt this the hard way when I bought a 40 token, 104% DMC with a playmaker ability, he only made 1 assist in 68 matches and did not score, special abilities sometimes don’t do anything at all.

I benched him yesterday and brought in a young breath of fresh air, a much better DMC that has brought some life into my team, my team’s average percentage is now 98%

The previous DMC to the 40 token one did better than that one in my opinion.

Sometimes even though a high star rating may make that player look good, they may not be the must suitable option.

I hope I have made you feel welcome on this forum, I felt welcome on the forum when I joined 2 months ago.

Last edited by Max; 11-15-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Max
    Finals mate! Against another inactive weak opponent! Only way I would lose is if the game wants me to.
    Good luck to us both!
    I still have to play my strong opponent in the Semis, I know I should be confident when 3/0 up, if I can win 3-0 in the first leg, he can definitely inflict just as much of not more damage,

Hopefully not another Liverpool Vs Barcelona scenario, hopefully I get back to back CL’s, that would be my best achievement.

One thing you never do is when you come in to the game and you have 80 tokens, don’t blow 69 of them on one player, I know a near 7 star player sounds good but remember you are only getting 1 player, think to yourself is he worth it? And if possible check his previous form and skills. And also what about the rest of your team? 2. Settle for near 6 star players, as a freeloader I do this and save much more tokens, if I just spent my tokens one 7 star player it would raise your team quality from lets’s say 50% to 59%,

If you buy near/ 6 star players with your tokens at the start of the season, you have a good chance of getting a 1000+% team,

I learnt this the hard way when I bought a 40 token, 104% DMC with a playmaker ability, he only made 1 assist in 68 matches and did not score, special abilities sometimes don’t do anything at all.

I benched him yesterday and brought in a young breath of fresh air, a much better DMC that has brought some life into my team, my team’s average percentage is now 98%

The previous DMC to the 40 token one did better than that one in my opinion.

Sometimes even though a high star rating may make that player look good, they may not be the must suitable option.

I hope I have made you feel welcome on this forum, I felt welcome on the forum when I joined 2 months ago.

Yes you definitely have made me feel welcomed. I was so tempted to buy the free player at 79 tokens last season since I had no cash and enough tokens. In the end I risked it and stuck with my team. Good decision since I managed to win both cup and league without the impulse purchase

I still have to play my strong opponent in the Semis, I know I should be confident when 3/0 up, if I can win 3-0 in the first leg, he can definitely inflict just as much of not more damage,

Hopefully not another Liverpool Vs Barcelona scenario, hopefully I get back to back CL’s, that would be my best achievement.

3-0 still has a slight risk so I would be cautious too. Also remember to protect your players against suspension in finals.

Max
    3-0 still has a slight risk so I would be cautious too. Also remember to protect your players against suspension in finals.
    Yes I have a few yellows, I will be careful with that

Max
    Great stuff, 3-0 win at home (6-0 agg)

We head to the Champions League Final for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, and the for the 2nd successive season, and we got no yellow cards, so no one is missing the final.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast