Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Season 23 Level 21 Cup early exit

This will be an extremely memorable season as it would be the first time I would be playing less than 50 games in a season.

The player that eliminated me had a brand new team when he faced me 1st leg. Fresh off auctions. No player in his team had played more than 2 matches in all competitions. If you have a look at his team through associations, you will see what I mean. I am embarrassed to lose to a team like that with his highest whites only in the 110 range.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-06-06-01-33-57-426_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

The system tactically outclassed me and made his goalkeeper god which eventually won him the MOM. I would credit the system rather than him primarily because he was not present to manage his team. While he might have made the right setup prior, I made adjustments in real time to counter him which was very much not factored into the game. Or I may have made all the wrong decisions during the match lol. Doubt so.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-06-06-01-31-32-096_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20210606_154708.jpg

He attended the 2nd leg, I won but couldn't get 2nd goal needed to send the game into overtime. I believe I did make some mistakes for the matchup but there is no denying the system favored him. No complains as the system has favored me before against stronger opponents so it's fair game.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-06-06-01-32-46-353_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

Hopefully all goes well for CL and league. I have similar quality opponents in CL so there is always a possibility for an upset.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 06-06-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    khris likes this.

Season 23 Level 21 End of Season Summary

Competitions

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-06-20-03-10-18-415_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

Other than my early exit in cup, no surprises for all other competitions. Bad season statistically due to 2 losses and 2 draws. Frankly I would have lost all competitions had they not fixed the display issue showing only 3 last matches instead of the usual 5. All 4 games that I failed to win was during that stretch.

Not all players were affected and some did admirably well so perhaps the fault lies with me. Been told that I should have done this and that. Lots of good and some debatable advice. All appreciated. In all honesty, I too am guilty of thinking managers are at fault when they lose. But when I lose, I blame the engine. Lol, so understandable that some managers I spoke to felt I was lacking. All I can say is what goes around comes around

Associations

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20210620_233508.jpg

Diamond is tough. My association is barely hanging on with 981 points as I write this and if we survive, it would be by some stroke of luck. We finished 3rd, 2nd, 4th and 3rd for the 4 tournaments and completed the event.

Personally, I lost to many teams that were of a lower quality but they had players with much higher whites. I ended up 4th best in my association after finishing 2nd best last season. Did my best in terms of training bonuses and attendance which my association mates can attest to.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 06-20-2021 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Adjusted as per association mate request

Opponent purchases a full team of scouts

My first time experiencing it. I always had some opponents who purchase 1-3 scouts but never a full team. He is a familiar opponent whom i have played against for many seasons. Not totally inactive and one of the few people who has occasionally supported my opponents.

After noticing him, i quickly double checked all other competitions and it seems we will only face each other in the cup finals if we make it. My impression is he had to save for many seasons to buy this team and i wish him all the best.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-bc138e71-39c8-483f-b980-265d82885bac.jpg

Before purchase

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-c616aeba-7214-4a53-b2ca-570ac97ed6d8.jpg

After purchase

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-f189e733-cb18-4ed3-bf70-70dbbbc36169.jpg

What’s my plan

Nothing special, may the best man win. I will do my best against him without committing more resources than originally planned. After spending more than 600 tokens and an advantage in overall quality, he should be the favourite. Lets see, should be an interesting matchup.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 06-23-2021 at 06:47 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M and RaiKo like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Opponent purchases a full team of scouts

My first time experiencing it.
    Lol. My friend is playing game without watching ads. His team is 65-85% throughout the season. One guy in his league, cup and cl has already jumped his team AvQ to 117% with buying brand new 11 scouts that should cost approx. 600-700 tokens. He could also use refresh button to get many 22 y.o players. So no luck for him. Better to try next time.
    Sillybq likes this.

Season 24 Level 22 End of Season Summary

Competitions

My league and cup had threats this season. Both had 6 star opponents but i am happy to report that there were no upsets. As expected, the Cup finals was between me and a full scout team I mentioned in an earlier post.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-07-18-02-08-07-820_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-07-18-02-08-40-187_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

I did invest quite a fair bit of greens this season as I have started to replace aging attackers. While keeping my older attackers might help me lower my quality and provide me with much higher whites. I noticed a dip in performance for my main competitions so I'd rather not risk it.

Associations

It's my second season in diamond and it is much easier this season. This does make sense as the stronger teams are now in ultimate. Did well enough to secure promotion
    Last edited by Sillybq; 07-18-2021 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Promotion to ultimate confirmed
    RaiKo likes this.

Season 25 Level 23 End of Season Summary

Associations

Playing in Ultimate for the first time and it has been really rough. Being in a association of manipulators means I fit in but it also means we are severely weakened at the start of every season. We finished 4th,3rd, 1st and 2nd for our 4 weekends respectively. Very strong indicator that we were more competitive in the later half of the season. We were deep in relegation zone but battled back in the last 2 weekends and I believe we might be able to keep our place in Ultimate. Fingers crossed.

Main competitions

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-08-15-00-00-53-085_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

My 2 draws and loss all took place in the league. 2 draws being walkovers and the loss I deserved. Choosing to save greens and playing my 2nd team against a team that outplayed me. What can I say. As expected, the league was my toughest competition this season keeping me on my toes until early this week when I faced him again.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Milestone achievement - 1200 wins

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-08-23-14-39-33-607_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

Record
    I have started taking in many losses since my last career milestone update at 1000 wins. In terms of trophies, I have given up a cup. I have no doubt my record will continue its downward spiral but will give my best and hopefully bring home some trophies.

Current season
    Unlucky draw and my opponents for all competitions are the same teams so I am looking at 3 tough competitors on average for each trophy. My stronger opponents are more experienced, having played between 2013 - 2017 and all have more losses than wins. It's highly suspicious that so many inactive accounts suddenly became active this season since many have mentioned similar experiences and opponents.

As usual, I will do my best without investing more greens than planned. I know many have advised me not to be stingy and pump up my players. I have done so previously, wasting the greens as I still lost despite having favorite status, better trained players and being present to manage my team with max bonuses.

Event
    On a more positive note, I managed to complete the event. Only my third successful completion in 26 seasons as I only use free entries.
    Der_Ryan_M and khris like this.

Season 26 Level 24 End of Season Summary

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-e597f366-5d4d-4f86-b258-77a143fb3ecd.jpg

Tanking the league
    Like many others, i got a tough draw this season which kinda worked in my favor. I have been needing a break from the game and the tough draw meant it would be easier to tank. I had difficulties finishing in non promotion territory as i won matches despite fielding a 2 star team in a straight line in my previous experience tanking. This time i lost matches easily and convincingly allowing me to attend some and make subs for the green.

Other competitions
    I lost the cup final 3-2 which i realised towards the end of the game was very much my own doing. I subbed out a non performer at the 73 minute and immediately my team fought back from 3-0 to 3-2 in 15 minutes. I didn’t get the goal needed to tie the game but the result might have been very different had i reacted earlier. I have to settle for 2 trophies this season. It’s my 3rd double season, experienced once in season 1 when i was not eligible for CL and in season 17 where i lost the CL finals which meant I wouldn’t qualify for SuperCup as well.

Performance vs expectations
    Am disappointed. I lost the cup. But i must say i did well as i had stronger opponents this season and i managed using minimal resources in order to limit quality gains since i was tanking.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 09-14-2021 at 06:16 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 27 Level 24 End of Season Summary

Aftermath of tanking

While I could still join associations with a 1x multiplier, few associations in higher tiers wanted me. I settled in platinum and ended up with the lowest points in my association. On hindsight, I should have joined a bronze association since I wasnt eligible for rewards. That way I would not be affecting active players who were trying hard for promotion. Another negative was being unable to participate in FC which meant fewer boosters.

Competitions

I tanked again this season but had an easier draw. I always have much easier draws after losing a trophy. Toughest competition was champions league but I thought it best to avoid finishing 1st in my group. So happens all the strong opponents were set to play the winner of my group one by one. That decision helped increase my chances at winning it. While I was stronger on paper against all my competitors, I am well aware that dice rolls play a big part in Top Eleven simulations. I felt it was best to play it safe and take the easy route. It worked and I got my triple. No complains.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-10-09-17-26-00-166_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 28 Level 24 End of Season Summary

Playstyles

I can’t be certain that the playstyle combination i have is good but I definitely see improvements in performance for some players. My targetman ST is more productive and my ball playing DC had 3 assists. He previously only scored goals. Not much difference in output for my AMs (an enganche and a winger) or my wingback. Let's see how they perform next season. Will be keeping them at their current levels as I lack playstyle boosters and I am replacing all of them over the next few seasons.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-df387177-5540-423c-b98d-77f1fb706932.jpg

Competitions

2 seasons since my last quad and my last time crossing 300 goals was in season 16. I haven’t altered the way i play but my opponents are stronger as i level up.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-11-06-19-43-05-145_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

100 trophies

Finally got my 100 trophies. It ain't alot compared to those on the hall of fame list but i am slowly getting there. Most were collected during my first 15 seasons where i managed to bag all trophies. I have given up 9 trophies in my last 13 seasons, 4 of which were league trophies due to tanking.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20211107_031506.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 11-30-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast