Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The New Inside View

The New Inside View

One thing very few people probably realize¹

(1. I do not think anyone here actually would realize it, "very few people" there exists merely to carry the water on the very unlikely event that I am wrong. I am afterall the sort of person who obsesses about being precisely correct about things. )

.. for several reasons is that the name of my old thread ["The Big Inside View"](https://forum.topeleven.com/team-showcase/53506-big-inside-view-atletico-chotas.html#post495462) is completely a play off of Graham Hunter's podcast, "The Big Interview". Delightfully... I liked the name so much I bought the company.

Graham Hunter, who is — if you thought you had read all the best soccer journos in the world — the single best one of them. You'd be wrong if you did believe that. Sure, Graham is indeed a terrific writer. But the title of the best of all soccer journos is one which he shares with at least one other writer: a history PhD turned football journo, Sid Lowe. Whoever else might be an extremely talented writer covering soccer, I have decided they cannot possibly be better than those two. Theyy aaaaaaaare the bar.

Got carried away and caught my first big coup. For 40% of all of my finances, and 19% of my tokens.

Saw the countdown get lower and lower 9, 8, 7...

Considering the insanity of the market which I have been watching these past days, all one would need to acquire this guy who could be my mannn for at least 10 seasons seemed within reach: 14T only. Bid for him. Won. And then I remembered that I had just splurged a huge part of my finances on a single player.

Our tactical evolution since the season started has been very interesting. Began the season with the formation with which I last played the game. A standard 4-3-3, without the exact players who fit in their normal positions in a

AML-ST-AMR

MC-DM-MC

DL-DC-DC-DR

which I would normally play, but with players whose ideal positions were:

(first lineup)

AMR -ST- (AML/AMC/AMR)

MC-DM-AMC

ML-DL-DM-MR

(first result)

It was insane. Struggled to draw the game which surprised me, given how much better we were on paper (team %).

Decided to adjust my team to better fit what I had in the return leg. Dropped the DM in DM from the first leg to the defence and played the DL and DM already in defence on either side of his. Pushed up the MR and ML higher up so that they became wingbacks.

The MC and AMC both dropped backwards to DM in the center of the pitch. Moved the AML/AMC/AMR slightly inwards so that he vacated AMR, moved closer to No10 but remained close enough to the MR now playing almost to his right.

(2nd lineup)

Did something similar on the left wing, while bringing in a real AML for the AMR who had started on the left in the first leg. The AML moved slight inwards, but more forward, closer to the ST, to become something of a second striker.

(2nd result)

Improvement, or was it mostly the home advantage?

Veteran manager just returning. Starting an asoc by the principles expressed in this thread ((https://forum.topeleven.com/associations/79982-re-thinking-associations.html#post667307). Assoc tag is #7V6TDT.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 06-23-2022 at 08:02 PM.

If anything changed since the first game.

The stats tell that GOAL efficiency of your opponet was 17% .
    They had a bad day and payed the price!
    Temidayo_ likes this.
    THE ACES

Manager Lvl 76
    ´Powerful & magic Football is our Golden rule´
    PORTUGAL

THE ACES oficial page

Expensive?

Veteran manager just returning. Starting an asoc by the principles expressed in this thread ((https://forum.topeleven.com/showthread.php?p=667307). Assoc tag is #7V6TDT.

Expensive-(a)ss signings.

Level 4 now. I think the game might actually begin now. Levels before now have lacked competition.

Veteran manager just returning. Starting an asoc by the principles expressed in this thread ((https://forum.topeleven.com/showthread.php?p=667307). Assoc tag is #7V6TDT.

Left, again. Unlikely to ever come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    Expensive-(a)ss signings.

Level 4 now. I think the game might actually begin now. Levels before now have lacked competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    Left, again. Unlikely to ever come back.

That’s fast. I don’t know about you but the early levels were really fun. It gets progressively harder and boring as we level up, having to face the same teams repeatedly as many players quit due to increased difficulty. Some time away from the game while tanking usually helps.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 10-27-2022 at 02:06 AM.

I think I'm back, unless there's a better manager game out there. Got tired of playing DLS. Need to be a manager for a while. Thank goodness I didn't delete my account.

First big signing of my return.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast