Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [Dec 12] Asymmetrical Friendlies Update available on more servers

Thank you for introducing asymmetrical friendlies. I think it is very good win-win strategy for managers and Nordeus.

But one thing... you could credit me for this idea of asymmetrical friendlies - I have posted it on August 16, 2013 (10:41 PM) here:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...ndlies-10.html
    and slightly different version on August 19, 2013 (3:55 PM) here:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...ndlies-11.html

I do not wanna make an issue, but just credit my previous post would be both nice and enough...

Happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by dmactz69 View Post
    Good idea but thats means you need 2 friendlies to get packs one for away and home how does this work if the away team always has full health they will always win so you'll get nothing if you challenge your teams to tired by end of game away will walk all over you ?
    Hi,

solution would be real friendly match uppon previous mutual agreement as I suggested it earlier here:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...ndlies-11.html

But to be honest, the real and more sever problem was the previous way of handling friendlies: those times we were forced to play friendly when someone had invited us 4 minutes before start of the match (and we usually were not on line). I was shy to play such unfriendly friendlies against my friends - when I played to give my team lost courage back, I was always sorry that I spent energy of my frieds teams, and sometimes I injured their players. Asymmetrical friendlies solve this painful problem.

According my opinion, there were more managers suffering from enforcement to play unfriendly friendlies than managers playing real friendlies. So, Nordeus now solved bigger issue and I hope they will also solve your but minor issue - you can not play friendlies in old mode. From posting my idea in middle of August it took them 2 months and half (until start of November) to introduce this solution just in testing mode to several servers, now it is tested and number of servers with asymmetrical friendlies is expanding. You could hope they also introduce one time (may be again in 3 months?) as a chioce the real friendlies uppon previous muttual agreement. I have one idea how to introduce it very easy, but I post it in stand-alone post

As some managers complaining that they miss old-time-friendlies where both of them, challenger and challengee, lost energy, got injured, but both of them gains experience, I bring very simple idea how to incorporate this old-time-friendlies mode into new one. I am suggesting it because I am scared by many voice which has been raised these days against asymmetrical friendlies and because I am 100% convinced the introduction of asymmetrical friendlies is very good step forward to improve game. So my idea is as follows:

Introduction:
    Let us have two managers X and Y. Let us also assume the X challenges Y.
    Now it means that players in team X will lose energy, have possibility to got injury, and got experience. Players in team Y are intacted.
    Now there are also notifications send to Y, when Y is challenged by X.

Suggestion:
    Nordeus could put new button into such messages "submit match" or "join match". This new button could change present button "deny the match" which makes no sense in the mode of asymmetrical friendlies (when your team is intacted, why deny the match). (Note: I am playing T11 in Czech language, so I am not sure the name "deny the match" of the button.)
    So, when X challenges Y, Y receives message with button "submit match".

If Y presses the button then Y will play real friendly match against X with all pros and cons (also Y will lose players energy, got them injured and his/her players gain experience).

If Y does not press the button ("submit match"), the X will play asymmetrical friendly i.e. only team X will be affected and the team Y will be intacted.

There could be also second button for immediate rejecting of real friendly match, in case when Y rejects friendly the X will play asymmetrical friendly against Y (it means only team X will be affected).

Because of technical reasons there could be some time limit, let us say 30 minutes until start of friendly match you will have option to submit this match or just let your challenger to play asymmetrical friendly himself/herself.
    And it will be up to you as a challenger what kind of friendly match you are looking for:

- if you just looking for improving of your team, you could play asymmetrical friendly and you could set very soon start of the match, e.g. in 4 minutes

- if you are looking for comparison of your team with team of a friend, you could offer real friend match to your friend, so you have to set some late start of the match, e.g. in 10 hours, in a day etc., so your friend have enough time for response i.e. submitting the match

- if you are looking only for comparison friendly matches and you are not interested in asymmetrical friendlies, you have to check your schedule several minutes before start of friendly match you offered and in case it is not submitted by friend, you could cancel it

It would be nice from Nordeus if they include some note of the status of friendly match - when X challenges Y, the match will be noted as "asymmetrical" until the Y would submit match, then it would be noted as "submitted". The seekers of real friendlies/comparison matches could easily check their schedule and see which offered matches are submitted by challengees and which are not. Another option is note offered friendly match first as "unresolved". If the Y submit it, it will be noted as "submitted" . But as a "asymmetrical" it will be noted after the Y lost its chance to submit to the match, i.e. in the mean time between start of the match and the end of time when Y could submit to the match.

Summary of suggestion:
    - when X challenges Y, the Y will be notified by message
    - inside message will be button for submitting the the match, there could be also button for immediate rejection of the match
    - by pressing submitting button the Y will play real friendly match against X, i.e. both teams will be fully affected by the match
    - by pressing the rejecting button or by not-pressing submitting button in the time limit (e.g. 30 minutes until the start of the match) the Y will rejects real friendly match, the X will play asymmetrical friendly, i.e. only team X will be fully affected by the match, the team Y will be intacted
    - in the schedule the rejected or not-submitted matches are noted as "asymmetrical", submitted matches as "submitted", optionally there could be three types of notes: "Submitted" for submitted matches, "Unresolved" where challengee has not responded yet, but still has time to respond, and "Asymmetrical" for matches which were rejected or not responded in time by the challenge
    littledude072 likes this.

Apprentice
    Just been challenged to a friendly - LOST CONDITION. FFS

Rookie
    two different people arranged a friendly with me wihin an hour I have had to use so many rests it's a joke. you should have to agree to the friendly if not its should not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Francesko901 View Post

- inside message will be button for submitting the the match, there could be also button for immediate rejection of the match
    - by pressing submitting button the Y will play real friendly match against X, i.e. both teams will be fully affected by the match
    - by pressing the rejecting button or by not-pressing submitting button in the time limit (e.g. 30 minutes until the start of the match) the Y will rejects real friendly match, the X will play asymmetrical friendly, i.e. only team X will be fully affected by the match, the team Y will be intacted
    - in the schedule the rejected or not-submitted matches are noted as "asymmetrical", submitted matches as "submitted", optionally there could be three types of notes: "Submitted" for submitted matches, "Unresolved" where challengee has not responded yet, but still has time to respond, and "Asymmetrical" for matches which were rejected or not responded in time by the challenge
    yep, agreed
    i dont really miss the old time friendlies, but it just doesnt make sense why would the away teams gains/losses be negated if the managers present

and a small note to the guys that dont have this feature on your servers yet. MDKII (and probably most of nordeus) are away until the 10thish, so yeah, good luck to you guys. try and message the friendly senders if theyre FB friends and stuff
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesko901 View Post
    As some managers complaining that they miss old-time-friendlies where both of them, challenger and challengee, lost energy, got injured, but both of them gains experience, I bring very simple idea how to incorporate this old-time-friendlies mode into new one. I am suggesting it because I am scared by many voice which has been raised these days against asymmetrical friendlies and because I am 100% convinced the introduction of asymmetrical friendlies is very good step forward to improve game. So my idea is as follows:

Introduction:
    Let us have two managers X and Y. Let us also assume the X challenges Y.
    Now it means that players in team X will lose energy, have possibility to got injury, and got experience. Players in team Y are intacted.
    Now there are also notifications send to Y, when Y is challenged by X.

Suggestion:
    Nordeus could put new button into such messages "submit match" or "join match". This new button could change present button "deny the match" which makes no sense in the mode of asymmetrical friendlies (when your team is intacted, why deny the match). (Note: I am playing T11 in Czech language, so I am not sure the name "deny the match" of the button.)
    So, when X challenges Y, Y receives message with button "submit match".

If Y presses the button then Y will play real friendly match against X with all pros and cons (also Y will lose players energy, got them injured and his/her players gain experience).

If Y does not press the button ("submit match"), the X will play asymmetrical friendly i.e. only team X will be affected and the team Y will be intacted.

There could be also second button for immediate rejecting of real friendly match, in case when Y rejects friendly the X will play asymmetrical friendly against Y (it means only team X will be affected).

Because of technical reasons there could be some time limit, let us say 30 minutes until start of friendly match you will have option to submit this match or just let your challenger to play asymmetrical friendly himself/herself.
    And it will be up to you as a challenger what kind of friendly match you are looking for:

- if you just looking for improving of your team, you could play asymmetrical friendly and you could set very soon start of the match, e.g. in 4 minutes

- if you are looking for comparison of your team with team of a friend, you could offer real friend match to your friend, so you have to set some late start of the match, e.g. in 10 hours, in a day etc., so your friend have enough time for response i.e. submitting the match

- if you are looking only for comparison friendly matches and you are not interested in asymmetrical friendlies, you have to check your schedule several minutes before start of friendly match you offered and in case it is not submitted by friend, you could cancel it

It would be nice from Nordeus if they include some note of the status of friendly match - when X challenges Y, the match will be noted as "asymmetrical" until the Y would submit match, then it would be noted as "submitted". The seekers of real friendlies/comparison matches could easily check their schedule and see which offered matches are submitted by challengees and which are not. Another option is note offered friendly match first as "unresolved". If the Y submit it, it will be noted as "submitted" . But as a "asymmetrical" it will be noted after the Y lost its chance to submit to the match, i.e. in the mean time between start of the match and the end of time when Y could submit to the match.

Summary of suggestion:
    The simpler trigger from asymetrical friendly for being old sysmtem's friendly may be wether Y attend the match or not..

id like a simple answer to a simple question
    what if your server has this, but sends a practice match 2.0 beta, now with bonuses! to someone on a server without it activated yet? will the away manager get the usual gains n pains (and vice versa)

my guess would be that an out of sync error would occur and crash the entire internet
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123