Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New League Draw System

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    all animals are equal
    * but some are more "equal" from the others
    never mind, I can't upload my picture showing the new draw

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Apprentice
    is the team draw in 2 days? or has it already been done and just not visible?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The latest info (before the new draw) saying about early morning of day 3 - server set up.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Hi Managers,

The draw indeed occurred this morning. You should all by now be able to see the 13 teams, that will compete in your League.

As far as the League draw system is concerned, be aware that we once again slightly tweaked the formula behind it to make the League competition more challenging. We've been hearing a lot in the last month about the rather lack of competitiveness and we tried to respond to this feedback in the best possible way.

Good luck in the new season!

Fredi

Quote Originally Posted by Fredi View Post
    Hi Managers,

The draw indeed occurred this morning. You should all by now be able to see the 13 teams, that will compete in your League.

As far as the League draw system is concerned, be aware that we once again slightly tweaked the formula behind it to make the League competition more challenging. We've been hearing a lot in the last month about the rather lack of competitiveness and we tried to respond to this feedback in the best possible way.

Fredi
    Hey Fredi

Any hint to how you have tweaked it.

Is there any news to tweaks concerning Cup and CL at higher levels?
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As far as the League draw system is concerned, be aware that we once again slightly tweaked the formula behind it to make the League competition more challenging.
    How about to give us some manual or some day the devs answer to our (posted in a thread) questions ?
    This is a strategy/management game, based in football. If we have so many unanswered questions, how can we be good managers ?
    When I 'm playing CIVILIZATION I know what it will be when I 'll build an Aqueduct, I know that the population of my city gonna increase to size 7 and no more. If I 'm gonna make a Heavy Cavalry unit, I know it's fire power. Knowing details of a game doesn't spoil the fun. I 've played a hundred or more, CIVILIZATION or TOTAL WAR games.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    How about to give us some manual or some day the devs answer to our (posted in a thread) questions ?
    This is a strategy/management game, based in football. If we have so many unanswered questions, how can we be good managers ?
    When I 'm playing CIVILIZATION I know what it will be when I 'll build an Aqueduct, I know that the population of my city gonna increase to size 7 and no more. If I 'm gonna make a Heavy Cavalry unit, I know it's fire power. Knowing details of a game doesn't spoil the fun. I 've played a hundred or more, CIVILIZATION or TOTAL WAR games.
    The aqueduct was here.

New League Draw System-acueducto-de-segovia2233.jpg

Apprentice
    Hi Managers,

Fredi
    Not trying to be rude but you failed. I have 2 teams on the same level, within decimal points of same quality. One team is in a league full of teams equal to, or better than my quality, while the other team is in a league with teams up to 10 quality worse. With only maybe 2 other teams near my quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    what is wrong with them having missed?

i have not noticed anything different with my League, except they are all unfamiliar teams,no friends.
    I am going through this thread and am wondering what changed. But the situation is quite tricky for Nordeous, in that the ratio of strong teams (mostly token buyers), to active managers, and abandoned teams are not ballanced and even then they are scattered all over different severs.

An idea that comes to mind as I write this is "Virtual Investors"(VI), Thank God for the Tv rights and jersey sponsors (they are really cool ideas), but there are investors that buy and own clubs in real life. These VIs can approach managers and make certain offers based on their technical rankings (technical rankings is how the manager fare's against stronger sides, who they bid for, who they buy, and how balanced the team is). The VIs may bring certain benefits that will help the manager such as:
    - Supply of cheap but effective players;
    - special negotiations only the manager will know of (not the scout list), rather a negotiation/offer just like the type we get from the academy, but the players will be older and one skill point away from becoming scout;
    - increase in tokens for a season;
    - unprecedented increase in sale of merchandise;and
    - unprecedented supply of tokens for a limited time and purpose (such as tokens that can only be used for bids e.g. an investment of 69T that can only be accepted on the first day of the season [TV Rights will still be available], but will the 69T expires after 7 days), or tokens upon completion of an action (lets say I am a weaker side in a league, the VI can make me an offer like 2T if I draw with a side of 5q difference and 5T for a win, for the stronger side 5T for beating and winning the league conceeding the least of goals among other teams).
    What do you think?
    SEASON 10 LEVEL 10
    4 LEAGUE TITLES
    1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER
    1 CUP CHAMPION

Famous
    Hi Managers,

Fredi
    Let me explain my problem about new drawing system with my level: I'm in level 7 and you can buy normally (top) 5* player as 54Q...

basicly if you are active manager and you are between light token buyer and 35T player (imho i think this is huge range call it an avarage).
    OK assume that you were buying on previous level good players (there was a maximum 49Q) a decent team and that players got advancement (near) to 54Q and you are buying in level 7 some solid 5* players (around 54Q)in first two days (forget the fact this is stupid, just look at the first 2 days it's madness)... well on 3rd day morning you are in 50-54Q range on a brand new level 7...

soooooo with this new system you got a strong 50ish league and you are praying for the first 4 places if you have luck (or some real cash to invest more real money to the game)...

and this is the part where i'm speaking against myself too but this is a joke and i can't walk over this...
    meanwhile if you are "clever" manager and you ruin your best 14 or you are a half-abandon(this is the WORST*) you got a joke league...

where is the challenge? ohh wait got it... ruin and sell players on last day is the real challenge

and i would like to speak about the worst part of this new system... *the half-abandon and weak abandon teams... i see them on transfer market very often (half a. guys) and if i peek on her/his league i almost got a stroke... in level 7 (LEVEL SEVEN) i've seen team leading with low30Q and saw so much teams with a mid 30 and low 40 and they are leading (with a lazy half-active manager)!!!! really???? having full active mates with a good 38ish Q on level 4 and they are struggling for promotion, once again ON LEVEL FOUR! NOT SEVEN!

my conclusion: challenging part of this game exhausted in lowering your team or staying with lowQ and be half-active and garantueed your promotion every time... and if you are lucky with a CRAPPY quality you can achieve more trophies than your better opponents...

i understand the philosophy behind your new system... if you put strong players in one league (LIKE I HAD on level5***) they will buy much more token than before... in other side you can walk (promote) easily on lowerQ leagues and you will not buy tokens...

***in my case this were went wrong... i had 9 champs a treble and many-many biwinner and single trophy winner guys (even the tanking guy was active too!) guys in the above mentioned league... ok let's have a look what happened 2 seasons after... (7 ex winner guy stayed with a strong team on level 5 - check) and reamined two active guys who stayed enthusiastic and having a good team now... i've met almost other guys (in my avarage ruined cup, my mate's league, cup etc)... other guys remained almost similar Q and probably left the game....

i wrote thousand times before we need that kind of league like in fifa/euro pot drawing system. in one leage would be from very strong team to very weak... and i speaking against myself again but this kind of drawing would be better against "clever" guys who are ruining their Q every time Coz if you are ruining your Q you could get much stronger teams

sorry for WOT! i hope you understand my standpoint
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast