Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Top Eleven's New Cup Format

This format is horrible, you have to put players on the same level with the same quality.

The level 6 can never compete with a level 8 active, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Cacciapaglia View Post
    This format is horrible, you have to put players on the same level with the same quality.

This is very frustrating, but I managed as a level 5 to beat a level 7 in the CUP final this season and he was watching plus he was two quality points better than my squad.

But I agree, I do not like this format either...
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Rookie
    I think its a little unfair however it does balance the game out a little with token buyers and farmers.

This season i won the cup and every manager i played was level 8,9 and i think there was possibly a 10 in there
    fugazi likes this.

Actually I think this is one of the things that are quite balanced in the game. Are you competing for the top 4 in the League, you'll probably have a strong team, competing for the CL victory as well. Are you just hanging on in the middle/bottom of the League, chances are you're a lower quality team and be more competitive in the Cup. I know most managers have the (natural) urge to get your quality up as high as possible, and would be in the 1st catagory. Sadly some also have the urge to complain about anything if they can't win the treble, but forget to see that for a large group of players the format works quite well. The only real downside is when you lose to abandoned teams, if they could only filter these teams out.

The seeding of teams in the several formats are one of the few things Nordeus explains. There's also a choice to be made that influences the seedings greatly. There is a very wide bandwith in price-quality in players. You can have 3* players being twice as expensive then his 5* counterpart. Use these 2 givens to your advantage. IMO it's all about balancing the 2, you'ld be surprised how flexible the game is. I find that these decisions ultimatley have a far greater impact in the game then tactics, formations and matchattendance to name a few.
    Davy Gravy likes this.

Le format de coupe reste nul POINT une coupe doit mélanger les niveaux comme les vrais coupes nationales c'est pas une sorte de Ligue des Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Cacciapaglia View Post

Hmm bit like Wigan right ???? its when I try out new things pressing all the pitch hard attacking /defending etc I find it a great challenge

1 year later...
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Meow Odom View Post
    Hmm bit like Wigan right ???? its when I try out new things pressing all the pitch hard attacking /defending etc I find it a great challenge
    "The tournament has become known for the possibility for "minnows" from the lower divisions to become "giant-killers" by eliminating top clubs from the tournament and even theoretically winning the Cup, although lower division teams rarely progress beyond the early stages. The qualification rounds and a system of byes mean that the very smallest and very biggest teams almost never meet.

The competition is a knockout tournament with pairings for each round drawn at random. There are no seeds and the draw for each round is not made until after the scheduled dates for the previous round (except for the Preliminary and First Qualifying Rounds which are drawn at the same time as the Extra Preliminary Round). The draw also determines which teams will play at home."

This is the format of FA CUP and is already almost impossible that a team of second or third series, will get to win.

The cup Top Eleven is different from the FA Cup.

Danas sam listao na zvaničnom sajtu šta ste radeli i video sam ovo za kup. Mislio sam i sada mi se najviše sviđa rešenje da u kupu budu grupe ida je najveća razlika u nivoima 4!
    Pozdrav iz Pirota!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345