Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cup changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Moi

Cup changes

Cup changes-cup-update-3.jpg

Hi Managers,

Starting from the next Top Eleven season (so, the 3rd of April) generation of Cup competition will be different. Until now, our engine was grouping teams by quality in order to have a fair competition, taking into account the average quality of the whole squad (all signed players).

Some users were taking advantage of this, by not signing the good players until the competition schedule had been generated, or having a lot of low quality signed players.

Now, this average quality will be calculated only taking into account the 14 best players of each team, even if they are not signed. This should result in more fair Cup competitions.

It's what I was doing anyway, first 14.

The reason I started manipulation was because teams 3 divisions above started manipulating the draws so it's one of those cant beat them join them.
    I only manipulated to get fairer draws, equal quality, maybe a division above or below but I never manipulated to the point where I was facing 2 star teams.

Hopefully this new update will try to bring balance to the draw and match CL draw quality.

I thought this was already implemented ?!

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    This change is to me just ridiculous. What are the players going to do ? Keep 6-7 stars and do the same trick. The advantage will go to managers with loads of tokens. And the vast majority of people from this forum will face even more difficult draws with teams from 3-4 higher levels. Why not a completely random draw ? This would be the only FAIR competition. But I already know the answer to this question... Please do not call your tricks "fair". You are just forcing people to spend tokens...
    atlas falcon likes this.

Moi, I think that posts that contain ways of cheating in this game should be deleted, and posting of such things should no longer be allowed on the forum and elsewhere where Nordeus have some control. Some users have gone as far as deliberately keeping 3-4 1 star players in their squad for many seasons in order to manipulate the draw. While some users may have found ways to cheat in this game by themselves, it is likely that most of them found about those on social websites like the forum here, and also on some other websites that show how to cheat in this game. In my opinion, this 14 players' rule may reduce the amount or effect of cheating. Some users will still be able to cheat this system, especially those that keep 3-4 1 star players in their squad. Take into consideration that some users won't hesitate to sell higher quality players that fall in first 14 in order for the 1 star players to contribute. There should be a way to detect such things, like detecting the presence of players that fall in the lower outliers relative to the average quality of say the best 5-6 players in a team or the average quality of the starting line-up for all matches in the previous season.

This is just a virtual game, but some users are putting a lot of effort, time and money in this game. Cheating should not be encouraged. Also, take into consideration that there are many other ways to cheat in this game. For instance, having several, excessive parallel accounts for additional supporter bonus, for earning tokens via the referrals' system and for sending valuable gifts to a main account. Something must be done for these also; for instance, I propose to remove that additional supporters' bonus thing as the new version of the game already provides an additional way of boosting possession. For the cases of hacks, definitely serious action should be taken against those.

As for how the Cup draw is, that is a mixture of teams from different levels, I have no complaints as long as the difference in level is at max. 2 for most of the teams (hence, batches should consist at most a mixture of 2-3 levels, and not more). Also, I think that say at least once in a season for every 3-4 seasons, a team should be among the top levels, because as it is now, it seems that teams of serious, non-cheating users always fall among the lower or middle levels of the Cup batch every season.

Briefly, I have no complaints, even if I have to face a team significantly stronger than mine or a team from 1-2 levels above in the Cup, as long as the manager of this team has used honest ways. If a user uses his honestly earned money to boost the quality of his team, he deserves to have an advantage. It is the cheaters that cause problems when they are put together with serious, honest users in the same competitions. I understand that most managers want to win, and that some of them cannot afford to spend money on this game or cannot meet the quality requirements every season, but, such users should also consider what negative effects they are having on other users if they cheat, especially on the honest ones.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-01-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Famous
    This is just a slight change. I don't object as I also believe it can avoid manipulation. But my team will be a victim as I cannot enjoy this old rule for once.

One of my teams will finally manage to have 1 low quality (will be 1 star) in top 14 signed player in next season. This is the first time in history of my 2 teams. This is a result of comparatively inactive in transfer market for 2 seasons. Now I know my hope for slightly better drawing have been destroyed because the low quality player will not be included in top 14 if the out-of contract players are counted.

I am unhappy for this personal reason.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    I thought this was already implemented ?!
    yea, me too.
    I don't think players out of contract don't count for the top 14.
    Some mistake is here.
    Anyway, Moi or some other dev, can you answer this ?
    If I have 8 players 6* and 6 players 1* and from those 8 6* players, 5 are out of contract, the game will give me 5 players, *3 oldies (ready for retirement), ok ?
    So, the Cup draw will be by
    1) Those 8 6* players and the 6 1* players ? (The Cup draw is happening before the game will give me the oldies)
    or
    2) By the 8 6* players + the 5 3* oldies (as they have higher Q than the 1* players) + one 1* player ? (The Cup draw is happening after the game will give me the oldies)

* This change is not gonna make any difference because there is no limit in levels so if I 'm gonna be (finishing with a 5-6* team) in a Cup with some managers from 3 lvs above with low q teams and if they decide to be active again, they 'll just buy 8* players (for me) and gonna make a walk in the park.
    Even if I drop the quality of my team and with this way I managed to win some Cups, I don't find it fair and I believe that there should be a lv limit - not more than one level above managers.
    But I believe that maybe TE has this system just for an extra challenge for the managers so I swim with the flow of the river.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-01-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Tactician, you don't shy away from using the word cheating. After many, many seasons being put against teams divisions higher than myself, pitching me against world-class/superstars while I struggle to get most 5*s I have resulted to cheating (manipulating). Not to pick off easy, absent teams but to face fairer competition so I know if I win or lose, it's down to me, my squad and my tactics.

This is a polite question with no offence taken, I just wonder if you view manipulating the Cup to fairly win 2 trebles in a row after many seasons of unjust tournaments. Do you feel I haven't earned my achievements?

If everyone shares that view then I may aswell just quit.

Only way to eradicate manipulation is put teams in the same level against each other. That way the only way to manipulate the draw is by buying Tokens, Green packs to manipulate quality via Scouts, power training.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Tactician, you don't shy away from using the word cheating. After many, many seasons being put against teams divisions higher than myself, pitching me against world-class/superstars while I struggle to get most 5*s I have resulted to cheating (manipulating). Not to pick off easy, absent teams but to face fairer competition so I know if I win or lose, it's down to me, my squad and my tactics.

This is a polite question with no offence taken, I just wonder if you view manipulating the Cup to fairly win 2 trebles in a row after many seasons of unjust tournaments. Do you feel I haven't earned my achievements?

If everyone shares that view then I may aswell just quit.

Only way to eradicate manipulation is put teams in the same level against each other. That way the only way to manipulate the draw is by buying Tokens, Green packs to manipulate quality via Scouts, power training.
    I have not referred to your case. Come on .
    In fact, you have explained yourself why you had to manipulate the draw.
    El Pistolero and Nick Lizas like this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

This is what I propose. The Cup draw should be done based on the average quality of the team's starting line-up for all the matches this particular team played the previous season. The mixture of levels should stay, but should not exceed by a difference of 2. At least once in say every 3-4 seasons, a team should be among the top level of the Cup batch.

This leaves little room for cheating the Cup draw. If ever a user intends to manipulate the draw, he will have to sacrifice the results of many matches in the previous season. The only problem in there would be in the case of tankers who may put a weak starting line-up for all the matches, though this is unlikely the case as they will miss on the additional attributes' points that there intended first team players for the next season can gain.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast