Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Unable to score more goals as compaired to other teams in the league

Quote Originally Posted by _hAsya_ View Post
    You don't know how to play this game. Defensive mentality with whole pitch? it's joke!! lol
    well i am a newbie and i was suggested whole pitch by top eleven customer care

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav Mehandru View Post
    And you believe it? omg, poor you. Go here, Tutorials and Guides. There r many guide for beginner.
    YOU PIESS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav Mehandru View Post
    And you believe it? omg, poor you. Go here, Tutorials and Guides. There r many guide for beginner.
    YOU PIESS !!

Quote Originally Posted by _hAsya_ View Post
    well why dont you suggest me with my formation ??? like in arrows or some other suggestion because i do not use arrows at all........ i wish arrows could do something for me

ok..football basics.

you have 5 guys on defense with 2 MCs on top of them. Basically, you have 8 guys defending whenever opponent has the ball.
    You would be able to counter anyone who attacks you, but who in the right mind would go full offense against you if they are weaker (which you have problem against?).

You can't have 8 guys on your half hard defending and expect to score as much as other players. IF you want to keep your formation, start with it, but go offensive whenever you are the stronger side and you think the game may draw.

CHANGE YOUR TACTIC IN GAME AS YOU SEE FIT.

Possession would be a good indicator to know how much stronger you are and how passive your opponent is playing. If you have about 50/50 possession (or even 45/55 in your ultra defensive case) while you being on the stronger side, it would be a good indication that opponents are playing defensive as well. You should change to possession football to take advantage of that. Start moving/subbing and put more into midfields, short passes, challange on the whole field, and exploit whichever side with the least players/stars.

On the other hand, if your opponent is having a great day with possessing the ball even if you are the stronger side, just stick to counter and you should be fine.

Personally, I wouldn't have ultra defensive formation as my start strat knowing how destructive FK and corners are on this game.

edit : Take the Pressing : Whole pitch off.

The whole point of defensive-counter football is to let them come to you, then to drop the ball behind them in the empty space. Challenging in their own pitch doesn't make sense because most of your players are already back on your side defending due to your ultra defensive mode, forcing your 2~3 attackers to go against their whole team. You want to draw them into your field as much as possible.

This is also the reason why you have to go offensive vs weaker teams. Having 7~8 guys each sitting on their own half results in nothing. There will be some lucky goals here and there, or some FKs, but it's more on pure chances and you are turning the game into a coinflip. Ofc, if you are ahead in goals, you can always go back to ultra defensive and let them come to you.
    Last edited by Mosin; 07-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Haroon Bhatti and omaru like this.

My F2P team plays this formation, with red arrows on the AMC and the DMR/L, normal mentality, own half pressing, mixed passing, normal tackling. You can switch between flank and central attacks depending on the opposition formation, e.g. If they have DMC, go wide

You can play defensive against better teams and force counters, but everyone here has told you the right thing - you must be more attacking against weaker teams if you want to score more goals

Use some common sense

Same with the pressing. It should be obvious that ultra defensive and full pitch pressing are opposing tactics (they mean 'players sit deep behind the ball, encouraging the opposition to come forward' and 'put early pressure on the opposition to win the ball back and attack quickly' respectively)

You could try full pitch pressing with attacking mentality, and own half with defensive. I just press in my own half because players don't tire as quickly

And please, read the guides - there is plenty of help available to you there from experienced players
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 07-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

In my opinion increase the win bonus.
    In my first cup game i lost with 2-0 but then i increased the win bonus to max and what i saw i scored four goals. U should try this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123