Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gunning for the Nordeus Cup: stage 1: massive player sale

Apprentice
    Have Nord in any instance turned around and said that they do not condone this approach players are taking towards the Cup? Wouldn't be surprised if they encouraged it, as more people end up spending tokens buying new players in the new season /shrug

Also, never understood why time and time again people take internet forum debate to a personal level, it's a waste of everybodies time.

Baseball teams in the real world do unload most of their starters and bring in a different bunch. Hockey teams have been known to do so as well. The tactic is a good one and can pay off big or sink quickly. Good Luck!!

Rookie
    thanks. Nope it isn't cheating and a mod has already confirmed it to be so(pg 2 of this thread). Finally we can get back to constructive discussion.

As for Razz, i'm uninterested in his comments and just point out again that while he called my players "unbalanced", his own players had similar stat builds. Self owned. No need for any further debate.

As for cracicot, he will be banned from this forum soon enough if he continues his way of posting. Continuously and consistently blasting a game's creators on the game's own forum can hardly be wise in any games. Nordeus has been tolerant for a long time but i have a feeling their patience will end soon
    reddeviljohn likes this.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Rookie
    -
    edit: (forget it not worth my time)
    Last edited by kaiballz; 06-24-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of sarcasm, or constructive criticism.

The OP does seen to get really defensive and worked up easily.

You should welcome the debate, this forum is boring enough without a bit of banter!

When you manipulate a game to your advantage it's obvious there will be people who don't agree, and it is a free forum, where everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I think everybody needs to make a nice cup of tea, chill out, and have some gentlemanly banter.
    Really? Its bad enough that there is a constant imbalance because of serious token buyers, that we need people to try this little trick just because they cant win? I think this little trick puts them BELOW the people who friend someone in their competition just to friendly them and tire out their team so they lose. It just shows that one does not have the proper mentality to compete on a fair playing ground.

Quote Originally Posted by marsbear View Post
    Baseball teams in the real world do unload most of their starters and bring in a different bunch. Hockey teams have been known to do so as well. The tactic is a good one and can pay off big or sink quickly. Good Luck!!
    Yes, but they unload on a smaller level and it is usually when a new coach or new management comes in. 5 players is sort of the max that I have seen in my years as a hockey enthusiast. And baseball - getting rid of a starting rotation is the equivalent and that almost never happens.

There is always a revolving door unless you win and win consistantly. If you win, why change a winning formula unless you choose for the future and can add to your winning formula.

The method of the OP is just a copout. He cant win the cup and feels the need to cheat to do so. Selling all your players would not be considered cheating, but selling all your players for worthless mugs just to lower your quality so you can play lower quality teams, then buying 4/5 star or scout players to increase your quality to the max for your level to wipe out the competition is completely unethical in any competition. It shows: lack of class, mental fortitude, and patience - qualities proven to be non-existant by reading the posts of the OP.
    Sxrenity and aiureah like this.

Rookie
    I wish you good luck, OP, and I am sure the tactic will work to get an easier cup.

...but there is a little sadist inside of me that would chuckle if you end up losing (on penalties!) to a weaker team in the first round :P
    To me, personally, it'd be more rewarding to reach quarter/semifinals in a very strong cup, beating some big teams along the way rather than winning a cup simply by overpowering.
    When you expect to win, the win feels less like an accomplishment and a defeat would be frustrating (just look around the forums for plenty of -funny- topics on this). Just throwing it out there. Still, after 7 seasons of no cup wins, I can understand why you'd try this. Goodluck, at least!
    kaiballz likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maranwe View Post
    I wish you good luck, OP, and I am sure the tactic will work to get an easier cup.

...but there is a little sadist inside of me that would chuckle if you end up losing (on penalties!) to a weaker team in the first round :P
    To me, personally, it'd be more rewarding to reach quarter/semifinals in a very strong cup, beating some big teams along the way rather than winning a cup simply by overpowering.
    When you expect to win, the win feels less like an accomplishment and a defeat would be frustrating (just look around the forums for plenty of -funny- topics on this). Just throwing it out there. Still, after 7 seasons of no cup wins, I can understand why you'd try this. Goodluck, at least!
    Thanks. Now, this is constructive banter that is worth replying to.

Like you said, i've tried for many seasons. It wouldn't be an issue if i was up against people my quality, but they are usually much higher in level and upgrade easily. And tbh, i dont really care for the challenge or the accomplishment part. Different people have different personalities and i'm just one of those people who wanna win and doesn't care how it happens.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 06-30-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Rookie
    Aye, take this for what it is:
    My girlfriend and me have teams with pretty much the same average quality (usually within 0.5 of each other), but she has a very balanced team of 4/5 star players whereas I mostly had 6- and 3-star players. My cup draws are several qualities tougher, but I generally have an easier time with CL and League. It's the choices we made.
    Though this season we actually had the same cup level (which can be seen in History) and similar opponents, which supports the idea that though it's based on first eleven players, there are certain tiers of cups; "level 34-38", or something like that. She was on the low end of the qualities, I was on the high end (concerning first 11). That was a tough cup for her and a relatively easy one for me.

The main problem I see for you is finding good players on the first few days! Let's hope for your sake you don't get stuck with 27-29 year old Scout players that are barely 6 stars. Or massive bidding wars on the transfer market in the "start of the season frenzy".

Rookie
    I actually play the same way you do, with a strong first team and weaker subs. Its definitely a good method to win league and champions league. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, it makes for a terrible cup draw.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 06-30-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Rookie
    Either way, stage 1 of my grand plans are all but complete. My thanks to all, (even the two trolls) for helping bump my thread enough such that i sold my players fairly quickly and easily.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 06-30-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast