Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Why why why do I lose to poor teams

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    A team or player cannot "like" or "love" a formation. These are emotions and are not programmed into the game. butterfly formation has its strengths as well as its weaknesses. it all depends on the formations and quality of your league opponents.

    I just disagree with finding a "right" formation for a team. What is normally done is to find a formation and pick the proper players to fill it. I have multi-purpose players that allow me to play any formation. And I dont often lose because I choose the proper formation to play against my opponent. When I do lose, its not usually about formation.

    to the OP: 5Q difference is not miles ahead. It is a nice buffer zone of quality, but hardly overpowering. when you get to 10-15Q ahead of the opponents and lose, then you have every reason to hit the VENT THREAD. You have to realize that up to 5Q, it is fairly regular to have a tough game.
    But losing to teams with ten men and injured players and I have 15% bonus that's a joke whether they are only 4-5 quality behind if they don't care about the game take them out at the end of the season my brother has a team yet he's not played it in 3 months yet he gets promoted every season now he's level four lol that's surely not right why not just disable his team he clearly ain't interested and I know he will never play it again

  2. #12
    Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by gazbert View Post
    But losing to teams with ten men and injured players and I have 15% bonus that's a joke whether they are only 4-5 quality behind if they don't care about the game take them out at the end of the season my brother has a team yet he's not played it in 3 months yet he gets promoted every season now he's level four lol that's surely not right why not just disable his team he clearly ain't interested and I know he will never play it again
    Nordeus claims the team gets deleted after 70 days of no activity.

  3. #13
    Rookie Golden Boys FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    A team or player cannot "like" or "love" a formation. These are emotions and are not programmed into the game. butterfly formation has its strengths as well as its weaknesses. it all depends on the formations and quality of your league opponents.

    I just disagree with finding a "right" formation for a team. What is normally done is to find a formation and pick the proper players to fill it. I have multi-purpose players that allow me to play any formation. And I dont often lose because I choose the proper formation to play against my opponent. When I do lose, its not usually about formation.

    to the OP: 5Q difference is not miles ahead. It is a nice buffer zone of quality, but hardly overpowering. when you get to 10-15Q ahead of the opponents and lose, then you have every reason to hit the VENT THREAD. You have to realize that up to 5Q, it is fairly regular to have a tough game.
    @cracicot

    This is the 2nd time I've seen you write about emotions not being written into the game, where is the evidence to support this?

    Quite clearly many have directly or indirectly shown that emotions do play a part in the game, within this thread one op talks about being 3-0 up and winning easily and then changing formation he scrapes a 4-3 win, surely that could be seen as his players not liking or being used to playing the new formation.

    I strongly believe that players/teams take time to 'learn' and get used to playing a formation and that some players (as I demonstrated in the last thread that you poo poo'd the idea of emotions playing a part in the game) prefer and play better on a certain side on Central roles DC DMC MC AMC ST.

    JMO
    Watford Boys FC
    Season 1 - League Champions
    Cup Winners


    Season 2 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners

    Season 3 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners
    Cup Runners Up

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29
    Nothing counts in the game apart from nordeus making money if they determine you are losing the game before kick off when they take over then no matter what you do you losing its a game that is not designed like real life I won a game 14-0 and I've had a few 8-0 9-0 and so have my friends what team ever wins 14-0 what a stupid thing for them to design

    Even Spain only won 10-0 against the whipping boys of the confederation cup so don't see how anyone on this game wins 14-0 even 9-0
    I played my friend who is level 10 I'm level 2 I did it to see the outcome he beat me 6-0 and he's 64.3 quality I was 26.7 at the time that's a realistic result but there's just no consistency which means it it slightly fixed like it or not the games great but its also a great money making con

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boys FC View Post
    @cracicot

    This is the 2nd time I've seen you write about emotions not being written into the game, where is the evidence to support this?

    Quite clearly many have directly or indirectly shown that emotions do play a part in the game, within this thread one op talks about being 3-0 up and winning easily and then changing formation he scrapes a 4-3 win, surely that could be seen as his players not liking or being used to playing the new formation.

    I strongly believe that players/teams take time to 'learn' and get used to playing a formation and that some players (as I demonstrated in the last thread that you poo poo'd the idea of emotions playing a part in the game) prefer and play better on a certain side on Central roles DC DMC MC AMC ST.

    JMO
    Dude, no offense, but when you can show me that Deep Blue high-fived everyone in the room when "IT" beat chess Grandmaster Garry Kasparov, then I will believe that you can have programs with emotions. Until then, I will continue to believe that only the most sophisticated computers can "simulate" emotions. I think it is safe to say that T11 does not rent time on these computers. I think it is also safe to say that T11 does not yet have the sophistication necessary to simulate emotions.

    You asked for proof/evidence to support my "theory" (lol), but just the same, where is your "evidence" that emotions are written into the game?

    Do you know that this is not based on real life? You are not controlling REAL people by choosing certain options on your screen. This is NOT Gamer.

    Do I really have to provide proof that emotions are not written into the game? Really.

    IF Striker1 gets fouled by any player THEN
    Striker1 spits at the opponent AND gets redcard

    IF Striker1 gets played out of position THEN
    Striker1 sulks and calls agent and morale decreases
    AND IF Manager1 renews contract THEN player has bunga-bunga parties with Berlusconi
    AND morale increases

    REALLY?

    This could be interesting!
    Ronaldo is away and in the clear!
    Ronaldo shoots!
    But the ball skims the crossbar!
    It almost went in!
    Ronaldo runs up to the ref and punches him in the head out of frustration and then gives the crying face!
    The ref has no hesitation!
    Red Card!

    This is the extent of emotion programmed into the game. It cannot think on its own, you cannot hurt the games feelings, nor can you hurt the feelings of any player programmed into the game...because they dont have any. They cannot "learn", as you put it. Maybe, just maybe, their relative numbers can increase when played in the same position over a few games and decrease when played out of position, but if this is the case, you have to change your terminology. You have to remember this is all lines of code and numbers in a matrix. the matrix pulls out results based on the numbers that are supplied.

    I cant believe I have to even respond to such nonsense in the first place, let alone make up funny shit to make my point.

    JMHO

    Quote Originally Posted by gazbert View Post
    Nothing counts in the game apart from nordeus making money if they determine you are losing the game before kick off when they take over then no matter what you do you losing its a game that is not designed like real life I won a game 14-0 and I've had a few 8-0 9-0 and so have my friends what team ever wins 14-0 what a stupid thing for them to design

    Even Spain only won 10-0 against the whipping boys of the confederation cup so don't see how anyone on this game wins 14-0 even 9-0
    I played my friend who is level 10 I'm level 2 I did it to see the outcome he beat me 6-0 and he's 64.3 quality I was 26.7 at the time that's a realistic result but there's just no consistency which means it it slightly fixed like it or not the games great but its also a great money making con
    You mean with the quality difference being almost 40Q, you didnt beat him? That is not RIGHT! You should have won 2-0 with one player sent off with a red card and another injured in the 15th minute and not replaced. Funny how that happens more times than it should...which is NEVER!

    until i know more about this matrix that they use, I really can only say that the results are very inconsistant at any give time.
    Last edited by cracicot; 06-25-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    gazbert likes this.

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Dude, no offense, but when you can show me that Deep Blue high-fived everyone in the room when "IT" beat chess Grandmaster Garry Kasparov, then I will believe that you can have programs with emotions. Until then, I will continue to believe that only the most sophisticated computers can "simulate" emotions. I think it is safe to say that T11 does not rent time on these computers. I think it is also safe to say that T11 does not yet have the sophistication necessary to simulate emotions.

    You asked for proof/evidence to support my "theory" (lol), but just the same, where is your "evidence" that emotions are written into the game?

    Do you know that this is not based on real life? You are not controlling REAL people by choosing certain options on your screen. This is NOT Gamer.

    Do I really have to provide proof that emotions are not written into the game? Really.

    IF Striker1 gets fouled by any player THEN
    Striker1 spits at the opponent AND gets redcard

    IF Striker1 gets played out of position THEN
    Striker1 sulks and calls agent and morale decreases
    AND IF Manager1 renews contract THEN player has bunga-bunga parties with Berlusconi
    AND morale increases

    REALLY?

    This could be interesting!
    Ronaldo is away and in the clear!
    Ronaldo shoots!
    But the ball skims the crossbar!
    It almost went in!
    Ronaldo runs up to the ref and punches him in the head out of frustration and then gives the crying face!
    The ref has no hesitation!
    Red Card!

    This is the extent of emotion programmed into the game. It cannot think on its own, you cannot hurt the games feelings, nor can you hurt the feelings of any player programmed into the game...because they dont have any. They cannot "learn", as you put it. Maybe, just maybe, their relative numbers can increase when played in the same position over a few games and decrease when played out of position, but if this is the case, you have to change your terminology. You have to remember this is all lines of code and numbers in a matrix. the matrix pulls out results based on the numbers that are supplied.

    I cant believe I have to even respond to such nonsense in the first place, let alone make up funny shit to make my point.

    JMHO



    You mean with the quality difference being almost 40Q, you didnt beat him? That is not RIGHT! You should have won 2-0 with one player sent off with a red card and another injured in the 15th minute and not replaced. Funny how that happens more times than it should...which is NEVER!



    until i know more about this matrix that they use, I really can only say that the results are very inconsistant at any give time.
    Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read this mate its exactly my thinking there's no emotion involved at all
    Notice aswell the ref always consults his linesman for penalty decisions haha with all the money nordeus makes they should change a few of these stupid things

  7. #17
    Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by gazbert View Post
    Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read this mate its exactly my thinking there's no emotion involved at all
    Notice aswell the ref always consults his linesman for penalty decisions haha with all the money nordeus makes they should change a few of these stupid things
    Ref does not always consult linesman for penalty decisions.

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Ref does not always consult linesman for penalty decisions.
    Well every penalty I have had for and against me he has also
    Xxxx takes the corner
    Xxxx uses his elbow in the air clearly a foul
    So why his he not sent off
    It's just a computerised game that a simple click off a button determines the outcome before kick off no tactics make a difference when game is in play

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Ref does not always consult linesman for penalty decisions.
    Howard Webb has proven what you say. But he always consults with Sir Fergie.
    gazbert likes this.

  10. #20
    Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    858
    Howard Webb can finally take his knee pads off.
    gazbert and cracicot like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast