Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Explanation of the use of arrows!

Portuguese Forum Moderator Paivinha's Avatar

Exclamation Explanation of the use of arrows!

Someone explain to me a little more detail on the use of arrows?

I know they are used to go on the attack or the defense to go!
    I wanted to know something more explained.
    If the players are with arrows has a larger physical attrition and in what situations should I use ...

Arrows effectively make your player more versatile.

For example if you like to use a DMC, but your opponent doesn't have an AMC, you can put a blue arrow on him to make him act as a DC, or a Red arrow on him to make him act like an MC.

Note, using arrows isn't as effective as using the proper player for the role you're trying to create, but it helps.

I always put red arrows on my AMR/AML as I attack down the flanks.

Plus, if you're using a player in a position that the opponent has no counter player, stick a red arrow on him and he'll exploit this.

Eg, if your opponent is playing a narrow diamond, with no flanking midfielders, and you're playing a 4-4-2, stick red arrows on your wingers.

If you're playing a DMC and your opponent doesn't have an AMC, but 3 ST, then stick a blue arrow on him to reinforce your defence.

That's just my logic anyway, it's served me well, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 07-01-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Portuguese Forum Moderator Paivinha's Avatar
    Thank you!

Great answer above, very comprehensive. Just to add - yes it does increase the work a player does, so he gets tired faster but not that much faster
    Paivinha, Sxrenity and Jorath13 like this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

If this is anything like FM (which I'm pretty sure it is)
    red arrow - player moves to the spot whenever YOU have the ball.
    blue arrow - player moves to the spot whenever your OPPONENT has the ball.

ex.
    4312 counter formation with red arrow on AM would be a bad idea. Your AM would walk up between your strikers and you'd have a big hole in your midfield having not many options to pass the ball from your defense other than lobbing the ball into cluster****ed front line.

On the other hand, 433 longball counter with red arrow on offensive wings would be great vs 3 men defense. You have your two wingers running into empty spaces every time you have the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    If this is anything like FM (which I'm pretty sure it is)
    red arrow - player moves to the spot whenever YOU have the ball.
    blue arrow - player moves to the spot whenever your OPPONENT has the ball.

ex.
    4312 counter formation with red arrow on AM would be a bad idea. Your AM would walk up between your strikers and you'd have a big hole in your midfield having not many options to pass the ball from your defense other than lobbing the ball into cluster****ed front line.

On the other hand, 433 longball counter with red arrow on offensive wings would be great vs 3 men defense. You have your two wingers running into empty spaces every time you have the ball.
    So why bother with blue arrows on defenders? or red arrows on striker they can't go anywhere...

I think it's the other way around:
    Red arrow - player stays forward even when the opponent has the ball.
    Blue arrow - player stays back even when you have the ball.
    No arrow - players moves back and forth depending on possession.

Quote Originally Posted by olina1 View Post
    So why bother with blue arrows on defenders? or red arrows on striker they can't go anywhere...

I think it's the other way around:
    Red arrow - player stays forward even when the opponent has the ball.
    Blue arrow - player stays back even when you have the ball.
    No arrow - players moves back and forth depending on possession.

examples:

blue arrow on defenders : they fall back even further the moment team loses ball while giving minimal help to mid.
    Pro : Good at stopping longball or/and counter plays, or when having to mark that pacy player who are stacked with stats.
    con : Your mid-defense line starts stretching and thins out. You lose possession.
    fix : have team on defense so it doesn't stretch in the first place.
    extra : but you lose control of the field in some critical areas. DM is a good idea to fill the gap, but can't help team turning into defense mode.

Red arrow on defenders : they go foward with the ball. Your mid gets crowded.
    Pro : more players in mid. easier for you to retain possession.
    Tradeoff : huge space behind you.
    when : if you need to overwhelm their field. short pass, challenge on whole pitch, attacking.
    Fix : pacy defenders or offside trap.
    extra : go for it if you are sure you can contain them.

Red arrows on AM : turns them into shadow strikers.
    Pro : good at breaking offside traps or getting passes from your upfront striker
    con : mid starts losing possession.

striker
    red : gets upfront and challenges. Whatever you do, you are gonna do it with their defender.
    pro : if you can kick a ball, it's a shooter.
    con : offside traps are gonna piss you off, everything and their mom is gonna get in the way when pass comes by.
    when : if you can contain your opponent and your wings are dominating. Just keep pumping the ball.

NOTE : A lot of my FM experience are mixed in. I'm sure I'm a noob in t11 than most of you guys. Take it with a grain of salt, but if the system IS based on FM, it's how the arrow works.

basically
    red = this player is gonna exploit this space/player only if I get the ball.
    blue = oh **** backup plan.

edit : just to clarify. every player falls back when you lose the ball, and they go forward when you retain it. There's no 'let's ignore where the ball is going cuz I'm cool like that' move. The arrow determines how you act the moment your team loses/gains the ball, not when the ball comes nearby. A winger with red will be running at their wingback the moment you gain the ball, allowing your DM/CM to try a long ball at him right after interception instead of waiting for him to get into the spot. It gives you option to time your players. Arrows can also sometimes be toxic because your Red AM could have just stuck around and distributed the ball instead of charging to their defense every time you intercept. Again, I really don't know how much of FM engine they incorporated. I'm just saying this based on FM, so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by Mosin; 07-02-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    examples:

blue arrow on defenders : they fall back even further the moment team loses ball while giving minimal help to mid.
    Pro : Good at stopping longball or/and counter plays, or when having to mark that pacy player who are stacked with stats.
    con : Your mid-defense line starts stretching and thins out. You lose possession.
    fix : have team on defense so it doesn't stretch in the first place.
    extra : but you lose control of the field in some critical areas. DM is a good idea to fill the gap, but can't help team turning into defense mode.

Red arrow on defenders : they go foward with the ball. Your mid gets crowded.
    Pro : more players in mid. easier for you to retain possession.
    Tradeoff : huge space behind you.
    when : if you need to overwhelm their field. short pass, challenge on whole pitch, attacking.
    Fix : pacy defenders or offside trap.
    extra : go for it if you are sure you can contain them.

Red arrows on AM : turns them into shadow strikers.
    Pro : good at breaking offside traps or getting passes from your upfront striker
    con : mid starts losing possession.

striker
    red : gets upfront and challenges. Whatever you do, you are gonna do it with their defender.
    pro : if you can kick a ball, it's a shooter.
    con : offside traps are gonna piss you off, everything and their mom is gonna get in the way when pass comes by.
    when : if you can contain your opponent and your wings are dominating. Just keep pumping the ball.

NOTE : A lot of my FM experience are mixed in. I'm sure I'm a noob in t11 than most of you guys. Take it with a grain of salt, but if the system IS based on FM, it's how the arrow works.

basically
    red = this player is gonna exploit this space/player only if I get the ball.
    blue = oh **** backup plan.
    I really think you're looking too much into it, If you refer to my previous explanation, I assume it just makes the player either move up the field in a more attacking role, or track back in a defensive role, in other words:

Red arrow DMC = Shadow MC
    Blue arrow DMC = Shadow DC

Thats my experience over 4 seasons.

All we can do is assume as Nordeus doesn't provide much in the form of a game manual, most of the stuff we know has been determined by experience and trial and error by fellow managers.
    KoHearts likes this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

I'll second the above - the game engine is much simpler than FM. It may even be a bit more basic than CM circa early 90s...

Red arrow = player runs forward more often
    Blue arrow = player drops deep more often
    No arrow = player stays in position
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Basically:

None knows for sure, as Nordeus is so retarded that he didn'gt even bother to explain. Like selling a new thing without instructions.

At the present day, none apart devs know it. Hence, everything wrote here can or won't be true.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast