Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Jumpers

Pro
    Right im vetoing "jumper" as the terminology for this as it makes no sense lol. Your not jumping anywhere, your staying in the same league! I can only think that the OP got lost in translation and meant "thrower" i.e throwing the season to stay in the same division.

I prefer the original terminology of "tanking". Think some ones trying to leave a T11 legacy, which already belongs to someone else (july forth I think)

Being able to spot a tanker is immaterial IMO as they'll probably just look like a scout buyer? maybe younger players. Also next season when I reap the benefits of tanking ill have no guilt as someone else this season has benefited from me tanking as I reckon id have finished in the top 3 at least

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Right im vetoing "jumper" as the terminology for this as it makes no sense lol. Your not jumping anywhere, your staying in the same league! I can only think that the OP got lost in translation and meant "thrower" i.e throwing the season to stay in the same division.

I prefer the original terminology of "tanking". Think some ones trying to leave a T11 legacy, which already belongs to someone else (july forth I think)

Being able to spot a tanker is immaterial IMO as they'll probably just look like a scout buyer? maybe younger players. Also next season when I reap the benefits of tanking ill have no guilt as someone else this season has benefited from me tanking as I reckon id have finished in the top 3 at least
    It wasn't even me that came up with the "Tank the season" term for T11, but its used to describe teams in US Sports like Baseball,Basketball,NFL and Ice Hockey that delibrately "Tank the season" so they get the first pick in the draft for the following season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    I agree whole-heartedly. jumping just sounds horrible and tanking is the correct term.

On the subject, I have not yet "tanked" a season, but considering the upside to it, I just might do it for fun next season. I have a few CL trophies already so its time to get my guys on steroids for the future season.

Jumping for me would actually mean moving up 2 levels in 1 season, which technically can happen in raykco's case by moving up 2 league levels but moving up 2 manager levels in a season isn't possible.
    herdo and flatthg like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly. jumping just sounds horrible and tanking is the correct term.

On the subject, I have not yet "tanked" a season, but considering the upside to it, I just might do it for fun next season. I have a few CL trophies already so its time to get my guys on steroids for the future season.
    Yeh its not as boring as youd think tbh lol, still have to try get as far as possible in the cup/champs league for the money and then training, getting new talent etc. Id defo get investing in young high priced players though to make it worth your while. My current average age is 19.6, still too high imo lol

Everyine should just do the best with what they have. "Tanking" is pointless. You can still save your money and tokens, maybe make the top 7. Just don't spend your money or tokens. Save up your boosters. If you get promoted great, the next season you won't need to tank, because your team will be rubbish anyway.

If you are attentive enough, you will never spend more than two seasons in any one league.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip-Infi Del-Taziker View Post
    Everyine should just do the best with what they have. "Tanking" is pointless. You can still save your money and tokens, maybe make the top 7. Just don't spend your money or tokens. Save up your boosters. If you get promoted great, the next season you won't need to tank, because your team will be rubbish anyway.

If you are attentive enough, you will never spend more than two seasons in any one league.
    Yeh but if I tank a season ill go from being an average team to a good one. Its far from pointless, ive posted about ten good reasons for doing it in this very thread

Illgal formation is a perfect way to tank. But remember you just have to finish 8 or below, so in the middle of the season it might be a good idea to start winning some matches and also start tanking boxes for upcomming season.

Pro
    I done it the other way round, tanked From mid season and i'm 11th 4 points off 7th. Also haven't added skill points so my players won't get any better. Have been tanking boxes too, will use the green ones before next season, a lil bit of power training before my players age :-)

I just tanked this season from third spot to 8th. I think it's a good strategy considering how much less work I have to do next season to win the league. I also tanked my 8th season and I ended 1st in three consecutive seasons after which will earned me a lot of cash. I believe if you are out of champion's league spot you should tank.

Jumpers-untitled.jpg
    herdo likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234