Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    Has anyone a suggestion to counter this formation:

3w-3w-2-2

dl-dc-dr
    dml-dmc-dmr
    mc-mc
    st - st

Never seen it before
    I'm seeing similar forms to this a lot lately.

Not exactly the same, but you can see it failed for them, miserably. I switched the dmc to an Amc at HT, all 4 goals followed. It was 0-0 HT
    Wiesse likes this.
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

Quote Originally Posted by FCB3 View Post
    go for 4-2-2-2 Hexagon ...
    Thnx for the info

I'd suggest maybe not, see above

League Round 6 - First big win of the season

July Fourth 6-0 YANGINLILI FC

July Fourth 135.8 4-4-2 Classic then 4-3W-1-2 - YANGINLILI 127.2 4-2N-1-2W-1

We came up with another match against a formation we struggled to beat in the season, this time we opted for formations containing ML/MR instead of AML/AMR and it worked better to our advantage and a simple formation like 4-4-2 classic was able to but through this formation rather easily, Papaleo nearly got us off to a flying start by putting a shot wide before providing the assist for hogan to knock it in for the lead, Another many missed opportunites in the first half notably from Petersen,Papaleo and Kusama, It was Petersen who found Kusama in the area and he was able to direct his volley into the back of the net, We made it 3-0 just before HT when Papaleo was able to use a bit of skill to bring it round a defender to shoot in to the bottom corner.

We switched formations around a little at HT for the second half bringing on both Miku and Miku-Zidane but they never really got into the game and after a good spell by YANGINLILI, Pietropaolo showed his class after Papaleo helped him onto a tap in for his first of the game, Pietropaolo then broke clear and slid it past the keeper for his second and there was time for Pietropaolo to complete a second consecutive hatrick after dribbling past a defender and shooting low so the keeper couldn't reach it to keep it out.

Goals: Hogan (3) Kusama (34) Papaleo (45) Pietropaolo (68,75,82 HAT) MOTM: Pietropaolo.

Team Talk: Finally a good win in the league and a one to improve the GD, We extend the lead in the league to 3 points over hasel seldus. It's also great to see Pietropaolo in some stunning form after he has scored 6 goals in the last 2 games.

BESIKTAS? Well... They lost again!
    Last edited by July Fourth; 09-01-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Wiesse, Shadow, FCB and 4 others like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League round 6

What a though game for us against this formation and against the nr 2. Started with 4-5-1 V style. We had 5 big chances. But 4 goes wide. We scored from a corner kick in the first half. In the second half we change the formation to 4-2-2-2 hexagon but without succes. We are glad that the opponent missed the 2 chances what he had. But after all it is a win. We are stay on the first place with 3 points clear on the number 2 and 6 on today's opponent.

League Table after 6 rounds

Till now we have a clean sheet in the league.
    Last edited by Wiesse; 09-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Win against weakest team in league
    But of course seventh injury happened. Garcia is 4 days out.

What is the story with these teams that only have 3 subs, have 8-9* star players scattered through their side, with 4* subs? Is this merely to bring their overall Q score down so they get an easy ride? After clearly spending a fortune to level up their players?

I see the same team that won the league last season at it. They show as overall Q58 - and this is at level 6! - but a closer look at his team reveals a Q66 striker, and a few other Q60+ players. The highest I have is a Q55, my overall team Q is 50 that took a hell of a lot of training to get to.

What is the point? To be that strong for the level? I see he's won his recent cup match 7-1 ... he's bound to walk it, but anyone looking on will just think he's bought it. I can't see any point.

If I do happen to make it through in the Cup I hope I get him! I'd like to see how my squad does against an over the top team at this level. I loves a challenge
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 09-01-2013 at 03:51 PM.

League - Round 6
    Chester FC (51.4) 3-1 AyhuFC (45.3)
    4-3N-2W-1 vs 4-1-3N-2

League - Round 7 - Preview
    OSK FC (42.1) vs Chester FC (51.4)
    4-4-2 vs 4-3N-1-2

CL - Round 4 - Group B - Preview
    Fenerbahce FC (46.6) vs Chester FC (51.4)
    4-4-2 vs 4-3N-1-2
    First match: 0-0

Brief newsflash: thecageyones have been re-named to TheCageyOnes UTD
    Wiesse and Cat Harrison like this.

The first player that reach 7* is our new Scout MC Robert Grill