Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Mmmhhh... I'll never understand the "logic" of this game.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    lol, I'm not gonna bother read all of this, mate, : )
    You're free to do so, as the post then is quite useless then Good luck with your team

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You should, there re many worthy ideas. But yeah, reading is hard!
    Yeah it's long. But if people call some hints BS, you gotta let them understand there are basis behind, and solid ones :P
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You should, there re many worthy ideas. But yeah, reading is hard!
    OK, guess I'll give it a read... again, like I said, his first post isn't very encouraging.

Apprentice
    TLDR:- Your DMC was wasted when there is no one for him to mark and he is not providing an attacking threat.
    Chelsea FC
    SEASON 3 -- LEVEL 3: DOUBLE
    SEASON 2 -- LEVEL 2: **TREBLE!!!**
    SEASON 1 -- LEVEL 1: League Champion

Formation and Order guide
    4132 guide

Dreamer
    @HAteMeNow :

You do have some points in the "wall of words" you wrote : )

However, some part doesn't make sense, or are inaccurate. Here they are :

1 - You can play as much offensively as you want BUT if you lack players in the opposite side of the fiels then you won't be able to seal the deal. What you use can be handy and 99% work against weaker teams as even your .......
    My DMs are very balanced (only one, the DMR, is a bit more offensive). So this argument doesn't apply.

Further more, my DMs were stronger than his AMs/MCs (be it in attack vs defense, or vice versa). My MC also had red arrows, and so were more offensive than you suggest.

2 - 2-I believe that 3-3-2-2 is a counter for that module, however you're basing yourself on the counter formation thread which is dated and obsolete since at least 4 seasons............
    Not really. I only use that post to verify what I come up with. I always do the formation before checking to see what the post has to say.
    In this case, mine was very close (I initially had a MC instead of the DMC. I however decided to follow the thread this time and use a rather powerful DMC with a red arrow -- which was more or less the same thing, but with slightly more defense).

3 - ...........As result, you almost nullified his attacks but since you're playing on an AI, there is no way that you can totally shut down the chanches. In fact, you took a goal in.
    "playing on an AI"? What do you mean by that ? Assuming you're right, why didn't I take even more goals when I went from Attacking mentality to Hard Attacking ? And lost one defender ?

Engine trolling my opponent perhaps? But that's exactly my point ! : )

4 - An MC or AMC woud have totally changed the scoring table: even if there's a DMC in play, your AMC keeps him busy enough to let your STs and expecially MCs free to ride.....
    I believe the red arrows on my MCs/DMC, compensated that, especially with one MC having the Dribbling skill. Logically the AM section should have been just as busy with or without and extra MC. Same goes for the M section, since DMs, like I said, had red arrows. All in all, there were 5 red arrows thus (and no there were no condition issues, they started at 95%. ended at some 70%).

This argument doesn't apply, thus. Again assuming it did apply, why then did I score 3 goals, when I actually lost a DMC ? (the one I had to put in DC).

Engine trolling my opponent perhaps? But that's exactly my point ! : )

5 - You might have a wall as defence, but that'll leave your opponent free to press.....
    I pay a lot of attention to this whenever I'm monitoring my games. And no the possession bar/ball position indicator bar (on top of the screen) stayed most of the time in the opposite side of my defense. Meaning I was the one doing the pressing.

6-From point 5, when you play too much on that zone it's only natural that your DMs and DCs will be pressured and commit fouls time by time. When this happens,......
    From response to 5, not applicable here.

All in all, what you're saying is true, but simply doesn't apply to this situation. So did the engine trolled both me (for making things appear so damn hard and hopeless) and my opponent (for giving him false hope) ?
    I really do think so, yes : ) And that's exactly my point !
    Last edited by kebess; 09-15-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    God damn it, I just wrote a wall of words myself...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Pro
    hMn
    I want to name my team / stadium after you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HateMeNow View Post
    I?m sorry to bother, but how exactly you countered him? All you did was parking the bus with a two sided wall on your defense. On top of that, you played offensive while having a defensive formation. If i should give out an opinion, you were actually HELPED by the engine rather than the opposite. WOuld he have used one more MC even the possession you had would have probably been reversed.

Would of you have used a simplier 3N-2W-3MC-2, a 3-2-2-1-2, or a 3-2-2-2W-1 you would have probably trashed him without much harm.
    Many formations would counter his: 4-5-1V the obvious, and butterfly as well. Any formation with 4 at the back and one DMC and at least 2 MC would counter it. Yes, 3-2-3-2, or 3-2-2-3 or anything like that as well.

Point is, he did park the proverbial bus and as long as he counter attacks, a result such as this is likely, and lets not forget this is level 2

Dreamer
    How does the Mentality order work exactly ? Does anyone know ? Does switching to "Attacking" make your players lose defense stats and gain attacking stats, or does it give a boost to your Midfielders/Strikers, and debuff your Defenders/Goalkeeper ?

I wouldn't be surprised if no one actually knew...

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    How does the Mentality order work exactly ? Does anyone know ? Does switching to "Attacking" make your players lose defense stats and gain attacking stats, or does it give a boost to your Midfielders/Strikers, and debuff your Defenders/Goalkeeper ?

I wouldn't be surprised if no one actually knew...
    we dont know because Nordeus keeps cards close to their chest

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    we dont know because Nordeus keeps cards close to their chest
    Yep, and I'm still wondering why exactly... Are they afraid the game will become too boring if we actually knew how things worked ? What is their position on this ? Or it's a big flat no comment policy ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast