Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Scout Players vs TL Trainers

Scout Players vs TL Trainers

Hey Guys

As I've mentioned in other Threads, I am quite new to this game (1.5 seasons).
    Reading through the forum I've come to see a few players talking about Scout players they've bought
    and I was wondering if they are worth what u spend on them (50T + $$$)? I rather tend to get me good
    valued Trainers from the regular Transferlist.

Here some examples:

Scout Players vs TL Trainers-doddy.jpgScout Players vs TL Trainers-lolli.jpgScout Players vs TL Trainers-timm.jpg

I got most of them on nightly (early morning) bids that cost my 3-4 tokens at max. So in my Opinion its worth
    waiting on such good buys rather then spending 10 times the Tokens on 1 player whom is at least 4 years older.

Whats your thoughts on that?
    Rubenito likes this.

I get such players for 1-2 tokens if I bid after the 7th day of the season. Sheer luck involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I get such players for 1-2 tokens if I bid after the 7th day of the season. Sheer luck involved.
    Thanks for the answer Vatsa.

It kinda doesn't answer my question. Should i keep on looking for the (luck involved) Trainers on TL or should i save up the Tokens to upgrade the team with scouts on new season? Or is it some middleground?

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa Cali View Post
    Thanks for the answer Vatsa.

It kinda doesn't answer my question. Should i keep on looking for the (luck involved) Trainers on TL or should i save up the Tokens to upgrade the team with scouts on new season? Or is it some middleground?
    Sorry. Went off the topic. I think that if u don't buy tokens, it is not worth it to save tokens to buy a scout. The player u bought is as gud and will soon turn into one. Also, u mostly see 26-28 yo scouts most of the time. I don't buy tokens and have not even thought of buying a scout.
    Hope this has answered ur question from my opinion. :P
    Mischa Cali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Sorry. Went off the topic. I think that if u don't buy tokens, it is not worth it to save tokens to buy a scout. The player u bought is as gud and will soon turn into one. Also, u mostly see 26-28 yo scouts most of the time. I don't buy tokens and have not even thought of buying a scout.
    Hope this has answered ur question from my opinion. :P
    Aye

Thanks

It's more expensive token wise to develop a fast young player to the same standard as a scout player, Sometimes you may need to add extra roles and SA to the young player (But you do get the choice which is a luxury compared to Mr. Scout)

If your adding an extra role + SA and bringing up a player to say 7* your looking at the 200T mark but once its done you start to claw back since the younger player will train faster than your scout player.

So for me, If the 4/9 22 year old (or close enough 3/8, 23 years old) scouts are available then you should buy these everytime. Then your younger players can go towards filling in the gaps.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    It's more expensive token wise to develop a fast young player to the same standard as a scout player, Sometimes you may need to add extra roles and SA to the young player (But you do get the choice which is a luxury compared to Mr. Scout)

If your adding an extra role + SA and bringing up a player to say 7* your looking at the 200T mark but once its done you start to claw back since the younger player will train faster than your scout player.

So for me, If the 4/9 22 year old (or close enough 3/8, 23 years old) scouts are available then you should buy these everytime. Then your younger players can go towards filling in the gaps.
    Well i'm still in the process of finding the right balance of Roles and SA in my Team. Basically i try to build up on a strong defense. I got 2 Defensive Wall SA and 1 Aerial Def. I have a MR/DMR with freekick spec (both feet) and ML/AML, MR/AMR with Dribble SA. 2MC on playmaker 1 Corner spec. 2 Attackers one on one and 1 Penalty spec. GK is one on one stopper. (some SA still in training)
    My average age is around 21.8 which is quite young i guess.

Now thats what my brain tells me would make sense. As far as i see it with good trainers its easy to get in the first season either 1* upgrade + 1 SA or Role training. So in the 2nd season the trainer can befocused on * only or even on a 2nd Role.

So i dunno. Scouts cost me 50 Tokens and a young trainer 1-3 if I get lucky and have the cash.

I always hang around 50-60 Tokens atm and have the youth players upcoming in 3 days so i don't really know what i should do

Banned
    If you dont buy tokens, then its obvious what you should do: buy the scouts when you can. I stopped buying tokens more than a few seasons because I refuse to support a company that ignores the customer and screws them every chance they get.

that being said, if you do buy tokens, then why bother with the youths you get from the youth academy? The youths from the academy will never be as fast trainers as you can buy on the market and the scouts , 22/23 YO ending with 4/9, are a much more worthy buy because they always have an SA, which is worth 40/50 skill points, plus they often have more than one position, which are 50 skill points each, so on average you get a 6* 22 YO with 100 extra skill points then an the average 18 YO fast trainer....AND hes usually close to going up a * if you get a good scout.

Also, at your level, I think scouts are not worth buying anyways.

So your question is: Will it cost me less than 50T to powertrain an 18YO FAST trainer to 7*, and give him an extra position and an SA?

Like July said, PTing an 18yo to 7* will cost you a ton of green packs, which translates into tokens.

July says ~200T to get a 7* scout equivalent, if I am not mistaken. Personally I have not done that because I dont buy tokens and never plan on it, so I dont waste them on power training. But I am curious how many green packs it takes to get a 5*, 18YO, FAST FAST trainer up to 7*. Someone give me an approximation please.
    Mischa Cali and Saransh Vatsa like this.

Ok thanks.

Just the set things straight: No i don't buy Tokens. And no i don't intend to Power Train young trainers. I only spend those green boosters i aquire for free by watching vids. Thats an avarage of 10-12 a day for me. Mostly i buy players with either 4 or 9. worst buy was a 7 i think.

So basically the question in the end is: Do i keep buying young trainers and slow train them as i do now (successfully i think) or shall i keep up all tokens so if i hit the higher levels (lets say 5 and up) to get decent scouts to be competitive?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa Cali View Post
    Ok thanks.

Just the set things straight: No i don't buy Tokens. And no i don't intend to Power Train young trainers. I only spend those green boosters i aquire for free by watching vids. Thats an avarage of 10-12 a day for me. Mostly i buy players with either 4 or 9. worst buy was a 7 i think.

So basically the question in the end is: Do i keep buying young trainers and slow train them as i do now (successfully i think) or shall i keep up all tokens so if i hit the higher levels (lets say 5 and up) to get decent scouts to be competitive?
    I buy youth and slow train them every day as much as I can without using green packs. I guess that is ULTRA slow training, but that being said, I train to the point where the bonus 5% condition every 3 hours is never wasted...meaning they only get back to 99% just before a game.

i have saved up over 200 greens and dont get more than 1-2 per day, so I am curious how many it takes to PT a 5*, 18YO fast trainer to 7*.

Here is some FREE advice:

Save your skill points throughout the season and apply them all on the first day of the new season. It allows you to be put in a lower CUP bracket with weaker teams. This also saves you $$$ when you resign players as you resign the player after he goes down 15% in worth the next season.

But if you get 10-15 greens per day, then by all means, it is worth training the youth when you can and save the tokens for the good scouts.
    Mischa Cali and Cat Harrison like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast