Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Token buyers

Rookie

Token buyers

So im currently in level 3. And today a player came up, 18yrs old good quality and good value he seemed like a great addition to my squad. Two other bidders. Both teams had team values in excess of 50+m, both teams with over 50GD in their leagues, both teams undefeated, both teams with a full starting 11 and bench of 7* players. Both players with a budget of 20m. The guy was eventually bought for 3m over his value and i think it went for around 35-40 rounds.
    Neither player needed him, and at one point they just kept out bidding each other before the round ended.

Is this an often occurance for better players? And does it get worse at higher leagues?
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

Banned
    It is the same thing at every level.

But it all depends on the player being bid on. If he is 18yo with an SA and has a quality ending in 4/9, then the odds are it will cause a bidding war. I saw a 3* player go for almost 2x his worth ($30M paid for a $15M player) because he there were level 7-8-9 managers going for him. That means he was 3* for me and one player bidding, while the other 2 bidders saw him as 4 and 5 * respectively. When you get people bidding on 5* 18yo with SA, it gets freaking crazy. It went over 30 rounds. I wish people bid like this on my players so I could make some money!!!

When you have a ****load of tokens on hand, why not spend 30 tokens on a player to round out your squad. Bidding wars are nothing to those who dont value money like the rest of the world. People here justify it by saying its their beer money, but at the end of the day, they get nothing to hold onto, or there is no lasting history of their achievements. But I digress...

These people have money to burn and its unfortunate that the majority of managers in this game have to compete against them with their stacked teams. Personally, the troll engine doesnt troll enough when I play these teams.......
    Mischa Cali and Jubran Afridi like this.

Rookie
    I get that, but like if you have a squad of 21 players, and 20 players respectively, This guy has no s/a He was 34Q. He wasnt good enough to even get into there bench nvm starting team. Sometimes i think its just " I could face this player next season, so ill remove the competition "

Its not like either of them need it. I doubt they will even concede a goal this season. My league is a pretty tight one, the top 6 managers are all active, so its a scrap for places. And when your top scorer gets injured for 15 games. You wonder why you bother :/

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    Level Six

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    I get that, but like if you have a squad of 21 players, and 20 players respectively, This guy has no s/a He was 34Q. He wasnt good enough to even get into there bench nvm starting team. Sometimes i think its just " I could face this player next season, so ill remove the competition "

Its not like either of them need it. I doubt they will even concede a goal this season. My league is a pretty tight one, the top 6 managers are all active, so its a scrap for places. And when your top scorer gets injured for 15 games. You wonder why you bother :/
    yes, this sort of thing really pisses me off. Why bid on players that you wouldnt even use??? That always makes me think its some Nordeus lackey whose sole purpose is to enter auctions and make managers waste their tokens for ****s and giggles.

The way Nordeus comes across is that they are a greedy bunch of @#%$@$s that will do anything to screw you out of a dollar/euro or whatever currency you use. This is why they hide most of their game instructions, because frankly, they dont want people to know how to play the game because they will waste tokens experimenting. They take AGES fixing things, and it just looks like they dont give a **** about what their "customers" want from their product.

My point is this: IF you were Nordeus and you wanted to get every last penny from every manager in this game, would you not have a few employees, or friends of employees, create accounts with tons of free tokens and go into tons of auctions and run up the prices??? Think about it, it costs them nothing to do this, but they make people lose tokens and make people buy tokens. I dont trust Nordeus at all considering what their customer service is like and their lame excuses on updates and fixes. It is a poorly run company and quite frankly, i hope it fails, so another company can take what they have an make it better.

Someone give me a better explanation as to why a token buyer would waste their money on day 8/9/10 of the season on a 2-3* player that wouldnt even make their reserves. I know not everything has to make logical sense, but this is not a single occurance, so at some point it does have to make logical sense.
    Mischa Cali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    It is the same thing at every level.

Bidding wars are nothing to those who dont value money like the rest of the world. People here justify it by saying its their beer money, but at the end of the day, they get nothing to hold onto, or there is no lasting history of their achievements. But I digress...

These people have money to burn and its unfortunate that the majority of managers in this game have to compete against them with their stacked teams. Personally, the troll engine doesnt troll enough when I play these teams.......
    I have to disagree somewhat with this comment. I spend a set amount each season to buy tokens. To say I don't value money is insulting to me. AND.. I don't smoke or drink. I live on a pension so don't have "****-loads of money". What I spend on tokens, would get me 3 packets of cigarettes a month or 4 pints of beer. And you say I get nothing to hold on to at the end of the day, what would I have to hold on to if I wasted my money on booze and fags? Token buyers help to keep this game going.
    July Fourth and Cat Harrison like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Token buyers help to keep this game going.
    Thats where i disagree...finance wise its the adds that keeps the game going.

Tho dislike the thought of using real money to get an advantage in a game. I think its a bad trend giving ppl the feeling they can buy everything...instead reality is: for some stuff you have to work really hard to get it. No matter how much money you have...
    This said...doesnt mean i got anything against ppl that do spend money on tokens and boosts. For my part...I find it challenging to start just from scratch. After all there are enough possibilities to get free tokens and boosts.

Stay Fresh
    Keep the net empty
    Raykco, Cat Harrison and cracicot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa Cali View Post
    Thats where i disagree...finance wise its the adds that keeps the game going.

Tho dislike the thought of using real money to get an advantage in a game. I think its a bad trend giving ppl the feeling they can buy everything...instead reality is: for some stuff you have to work really hard to get it. No matter how much money you have...
    This said...doesnt mean i got anything against ppl that do spend money on tokens and boosts. For my part...I find it challenging to start just from scratch. After all there are enough possibilities to get free tokens and boosts.

Stay Fresh
    Keep the net empty
    It's interesting to read your comment about using real money to gain an advantage in the game. Buying tokens may give a slight advantage, but if it was such a huge advantage, then there wouldn't be all these posts about how players have been trolled because they have such a superior team and had yet lost to a weaker or abandoned team. Buying tokens doesn't mean success.
    Cat Harrison and Mischa Cali like this.
    LONDON CITY

Rookie
    Got alittle off topic guys. I was just asking if i should expect this every level. I mean it was annoying, its level 3. Why do you need 21 players all 7/6*s. Your average joe will have a 5* squad at best.
    Raykco and Yinhung like this.

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    Level Six

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Buying tokens doesn't mean success.
    No but it means your Odds are a lot better. 30* team without SA vs 45-50* team with SA...well whos odds are better mathematically?
    Now if they can't handle Formation, Orders, Condition, Morale, Win Bonus etc....thats another case

I stick to what i said.
    Raykco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    Got alittle off topic guys. I was just asking if i should expect this every level. I mean it was annoying, its level 3. Why do you need 21 players all 7/6*s. Your average joe will have a 5* squad at best.
    Yeah. Sorry Slick. On your original subject, I guess it probably happens in all levels, though fortunately I haven't encountered it too much myself. Although I have a full squad of 22 players, I must admit that I do bid in auctions for players, but that is only because I buy before I sell (get player in before selling a player to make space). But I never buy just for the sake of it. Every player bid on would have to be better than player he is going to replace. Can't see the point in wasting tokens on bidding when the player won't improve my squad.
    Mischa Cali and Cat Harrison like this.
    LONDON CITY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast