Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Token buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    But I never buy just for the sake of it. Every player bid on would have to be better than player he is going to replace. Can't see the point in wasting tokens on bidding when the player won't improve my squad.
    Totally agree. I only bid on players that make my start 11. I did some bad buys in the past i must admit.
    Raykco likes this.

Banned
    It's interesting to read your comment about using real money to gain an advantage in the game. Buying tokens may give a slight advantage, but if it was such a huge advantage, then there wouldn't be all these posts about how players have been trolled because they have such a superior team and had yet lost to a weaker or abandoned team. Buying tokens doesn't mean success.
    For every troll result against a token buyer there are TONS of successful ownings by token buyers. you only see the small fraction of trolling on this forum because not everyone takes the time or cares to mention it here. With millions? of accounts, the odds are so good that token buyers do a lot more winning than you mention.

That being said, if you feel insulted by my post, it was not my intention. But for you to take it personally was a bit harsh on your side. It is a generalization. I read the posts on here by token buyers who mention they can spend their beer money on whatever they want, or if they dont drink, its the equivalent of what they would buy if they drank.

My main issue with your response was that you said that token buyers keep this game going. I am calling Bulll**** on that one. There are many free games online that run like this. There are many avenues of income to be made online as well, so taking away token buying will not put this game in a grave. It is this ignorance that really gets me, with the token buyer superiority complex people have saying that without them this game wouldnt keep going. The reality is this: without ANY players, this game would not keep going. Any player, token buyer or not.

I believe the money they spend on this game, Nordeus I mean, is paltry compared to what they make. They should be spending a majority on improving this game, but we know where their priorities are.

Facts are facts: without token buyers, this game would still survive, albeit, with more forced advertising. Token buyers have a serious advantage in this game, as they do in every pay to play game. Troll results happen to everyone, but the whiners are usually token buyers who believe that money buys winning.
    Mischa Cali and Raykco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Facts are facts: without token buyers, this game would still survive, albeit, with more forced advertising. Token buyers have a serious advantage in this game, as they do in every pay to play game. Troll results happen to everyone, but the whiners are usually token buyers who believe that money buys winning.
    Nothing to add there.

OK. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I'll make this my last point on the subject. I have been playing for 16 seasons now and have spent tokens every time. In the previous 15 seasons, I have won the league on 4 occasions plus 2 CL. Now I've seen posters saying they have won the league 6 or more times without buying tokens. So I just have to say, buying tokens doesn't guarantee success.
    Mischa Cali likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

OK. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I'll make this my last point on the subject. I have been playing for 16 seasons now and have spent tokens every time. In the previous 15 seasons, I have won the league on 4 occasions plus 2 CL. Now I've seen posters saying they have won the league 6 or more times without buying tokens. So I just have to say, buying tokens doesn't guarantee success.
    Agree!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

I think we kinda stand on the same page.

Basically all see that buying tokens gives you higher chance to succeed certain goals. (i.e League win, ChL, Cup) It doesn't mean you WILL succeed.

There is nothing that guarantees you a win in any (worthwhile) game in this world. (besides a royal flush in poker i guess )

But ofc there are different chances for a player buying tokens and a player not buying them. In most cases the token buyer will have his advantage turning out as expected..but if you buy tokens and do bad formations and orders..or always use win bonus no matter what, you dont succeed as often.

I think we can all agree on that. In Fact we could even calculate the odds for each...cbb tho

Rookie
    So again another good player comes up, same two people bid for him, 39 rounds. For a player not good enough to make their bench nvm their starting 11. And im sure tokens doesnt gurantee success. But if you are a 50Q team in level 3 ( Just an example didnt check their exact quality ) Vs 25Q. You are winning the league regardless. You may draw one game, maybe even lose one. But lets be honest if you are doing that to win a level 3 league something is clearly up.

My 5* team just lost to a 2* team. So freak results can happen ill agree
    Last edited by SlickZ; 10-03-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six