Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Rookie
    Damn, I went out without rotating my squad again, leaving a 3rd of my team at 99% condition and the others at almost 60 :-/
    Good job I got no new injuries from these 2 games. Lost Lge match to 3rd placed team away and won the CL game 0-2 away

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    See the locked thread 'Redsnoopy'. It becoz of that idiot all this happened.
    Ah ic... i see the mods didnt even edit out his racist comments :-/

Hi all,
    also here a "newby", playing for a few seasons now.
    Some questions i couldnt solve yet...even searching this forum.
    * players loosing a star after every season, whats the purpose of that? What is "tanking"? And could you apply this?
    * tactics on a transfermarket (auction), many managers bidding for new players? If you dont have many Tokens you really have problem.
    What is a good tactic for buying players? Is it like a real auction...making a bid at the latest moment?
    * Do you people play using a rotating system? Often chaning players to keep them as fit as possible?

cheers, UpNorth Holland

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
    Hi all,
    * players loosing a star after every season, whats the purpose of that? What is "tanking"? And could you apply this?
    * tactics on a transfermarket (auction), many managers bidding for new players? If you dont have many Tokens you really have problem.
    What is a good tactic for buying players? Is it like a real auction...making a bid at the latest moment?
    * Do you people play using a rotating system? Often chaning players to keep them as fit as possible?

cheers, UpNorth Holland
    Hello and welcome here
    So, player close a star only if u get promoted to the next level. This is to keep up the last season player's rating in comparison with the next season's players proportional. For example, a five star player for me at level 7 is between 50-54. Next levels five star players will be between 55-59 who will be six star to me. So every seasons as u advance in league level, the players need to be better. So, as new players come in, the old players of urs comparatively look as one star less. Stars r only for comparative purpose, if u see, even if players lose a star, their Q remains same. So a 50Q player will be 5* for level 7 but for a level 8 manager, it will be just 4*. So next season, when I become 8 level, the same player will look to me as a 4*. Hope this helped. Will answer or other questions soon.

Hi all,

cheers, UpNorth Holland
    Follow this thread to know all about tanking-

http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...e-tanking.html

Now, for bidding tactics,
    See which player u r buying. Don't buy players during the first 7 days OE season as all managers are busy spending tokens theybought. Then find a off time on your served, a time when not many r bidding.log in then.
    At that time, look for the players u need, look for 4* players first as they will suit or low token budget. Then see their age, don't go for too young players as everyone wants to buy them and u I'll end up wasting tokens. They r also very expensive. Don't go for too old ones as well as they train too slow to handle. Go for ones b/w 24-28 years. Also, don't go for special abilities as they attract token buyerts and don't go for ones having ratings ending with 4 or 9. They attract token buyers as well.
    Having said this,

See if someone else has bid for the player. If no one, then wait. If yes, see if those who have bid have scout players, premium logos, well upgraded stadium for their level. See what level the r. If the have a 5* team being one level abovu, it might seem as 6* them so u need to care for that. If the other has all these, it means he is a token buyer and so back off at once. If the other bidder is avg, u may try risking it. Bid in last 5 secs in the initial round and then see if someone has bid after u. If no, then wait. If u no token left after bidding in the first round, hope for the best. If no one bids,u will win. Else if the other guy bids, u need to bid to get intro the next K.O round. If or oppont has not bid, still bid in the last 3-4 secs. Ifhebids, u will go into the next doing, else will win it. ner spend more than ontoken in the same round and avoid bidding wars.
    Last edited by Saransh Vatsa; 10-31-2013 at 07:54 AM.

No we rotate our squad just to counter others formation. That is, if I need to play town AMC and no DMC in the next match, only then I remove my DMC and bring in another AMC. Otherwise, I rotate squad to play friendly to win boosters as I avoid playing my best players in friendlies as they may get injured. But it depends on u and or style of play. If u have 2 good AMC, suppose, and u can't play both together due to ur formation or other team players, then u can play one in one match and the other one in another.
    All the best with or team.

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Epok Epok View Post
    awesome
    What for????? And why the ""!!!

Hi Saransh,

thank you very much for the quick answers.
    About the star system, thats clear to me now. By checking my opponents team i only look at the average number of stars...from now on i know i could be totally wrong there.
    Bidding tactics is also clear; normally i try to bid in the early morning since there are less managers online, although also less players avalaible. I really need in all lines (defense, midfield and centerforward) a new (quality) player, but since i have hardly any token...time for tanking?
    To be honest, in all seasons ive played now...i played with 1 formation, 442 with a DMC and the best MC with attacking drive (arrow forward). In midfield three MC's, which is easier when buying players. Dont need ML and MR, an MC can easily replace another MC.

Thanks again, and maybe in the future we can play a friendly....

UpNorth

Hi Saransh,

thank you very much for the quick answers.
    About the star system, thats clear to me now. By checking my opponents team i only look at the average number of stars...from now on i know i could be totally wrong there.
    Bidding tactics is also clear; normally i try to bid in the early morning since there are less managers online, although also less players avalaible. I really need in all lines (defense, midfield and centerforward) a new (quality) player, but since i have hardly any token...time for tanking?
    To be honest, in all seasons ive played now...i played with 1 formation, 442 with a DMC and the best MC with attacking drive (arrow forward). In midfield three MC's, which is easier when buying players. Dont need ML and MR, an MC can easily replace another MC.

Thanks again, and maybe in the future we can play a friendly....

UpNorth
    U can tank as I tanked the last season and it helped. I built up a good squad and have done well so fr this season.
    Ya, I would love to play a friendly but it my take a while as I have no fb account yet so can't add u there (will make one in 3 months or so). An it is not much chance that u r on my server.
    What level r u exactly????

Hi,
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do you carry out " tanking"? Putting your GK as a centerforward and other way around? Try your best not to win matches?
    Im level 4 now ("dreamer"), pos 3 in the league and still able to reach next round for the Champions League.
    Would be nice indeed to fancy a friendly.....i have no idea about servers though....
    ps bought this morning a 5 star midfielder, had 2 tokens avalaible. First bid together with somebody else in the last seconds, 2nd round 2nd bid and the opponent did not...very lucky there, especialy because i had no tokens left.

cheers

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast