Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    Really need some advice.

So I cant figure out what to do. I have 3 good st's. One who doesnt perform well at all when he is in his ST positon, but i started playing him as a AMR ( Out of position ) And so far his form is solid 8s. As an ST he was 5's.

My defence is great, their average all season is around 7.8.

Im struggling with my 2 other forwards. One is older more Q and has a better S/A. And he has score bags of goals for me. He started 25 of of the 27 games hes played in netting a good amount of goals. He was meant to be a backup but i havnt had the heart to drop him since his form is fantastic, and has been all season. The problem is, my forward who i have had since season 1, has always had a fantastic goal scoring record, and he has started 2 games this season, and came off the bench 18 times. But has netted nearly as many goals as my starter. ( Today Jeremy scored once and got 2 assists, subbed him at 75 minutes. Keehan netted 3 times.

I have tried playing them as a duo in friendlies thinking their strike partnership would be devastation. But when they play with a strike partner neither of them perform. I cant play both of them, but who would you start and why?

Let it go the way it is going. The one who star, let him start if he plays well then. Who is better when coming off the bench, sub him in a bit quicker, at about half time. So both will get equal playing time. Sad they don't perform well together. Just try them together full match from the start in an easy league match an see how they perform. Maybe it is different for friendlies.
    As for the out of position ST,nif he plays good as right wing, let him be. As long s he performs good, there is no need to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Scrivener View Post
    I havnt noticed which sub is used 1st for what position has anyone else ???
    If is to replace a player before the start of the game, the sub is the first of the subs that is not a GK.

If it is a auto sub during the match, If you have that all set, injured DCs are replaced for defenders, injured MCs for midfielders, injured STs for forwards, GK for GK, Injured DR/L MR./L or AMR/L are replaced for wingers. DMC and DMC i am not sure, but maybe for midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    If is to replace a player before the start of the game, the sub is the first of the subs that is not a GK.

If it is a auto sub during the match, If you have that all set, injured DCs are replaced for defenders, injured MCs for midfielders, injured STs for forwards, GK for GK, Injured DR/L MR./L or AMR/L are replaced for wingers. DMC and DMC i am not sure, but maybe for midfielders.

Thanks Dman2pt thats how I thought it worked. I tend to watch 99.5% of my matches so hard to work out !!!!

Rookie
    I think I would check the stats ie if league game who scored most league goals / if cup/CL who scores most in those however after saying that I sometimes just go with my favorite , and keep training the finishing etc on all of them when I could
    This is what I'd do, that way, hopefully, you'd get 2 excellent STs playing well. If this doesn't work then go with Saransh's suggestion in subbing him on every game. That way, they'll have similar condition if you have 2 or more games a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    As for the out of position ST,nif he plays good as right wing, let him be. As long s he performs good, there is no need to experiment.
    So would there be no need to convert him into a AMR?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You can also play guys 1 place out of position for a match or 2 to get through injuries (I have played both MCs and DCs in the DMC spot, like that) and their morale may take a tiny hit but it's cheaper than a bunch of reds...
    How about playing an MC in any wide diamond corner? I still dont know what to do with this guy, I make a n00b mistake in spending 15T on him from U21 and so far he only plugs in when needed and friendlies.
    Selling him would mean EVEN more waste to the tokens spent

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post

So would there be no need to convert him into an AMR?
    No... His morale might decrease more than normal, but it is total waste to spend 59 skill points on training new positions, never do that?? They r worth 3 Q and can make the player last another season.

And ya, ucan play MCs as ML and MR. I do that as it is not easy to find good wingers on my server, and if they appear on the TM, there is a fight over them. My MCs have performed well as ML and MR so far. Have made them play out of position only once or twice otherwise I usually play Narrow diamond with everyone on position.

Saransh you are so right do not waste skill points on another role some players can just do it naturally !!!!! especially if close to their role I often use my mc's in a wide midfield place when using subs and winning well to allow them to rest. as you said for some reason wide players are hard to find!!!!

Rookie
    ok, cool
    he's going to be an expensive sub, but at least he can fill in on a lot of positions

I finally got me an 18yo ST. So now one 31yo sub who's been playing great (7s & 8s), my 2 late 20s STs who've been great for 2 seasons and a youngun to train

Cost me 1.39M and only 1T, sniped 2 guys and they didnt bid on 2nd round
    Last edited by Zangy; 11-06-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    As far as playing guys OOP, I have been told you lose some possession doing it, so I wouldn't put too many OOP...
    But, that being said, I have a DMC who loves to play wing (8's & 7's at MR, 6's in his natural position!) So I think like Phil said, some guys that's how they work, and it seems to me it is usually an MC or DMC that can be the utility player and be put just about anywhere on the pitch in a pinch, and if you find they get those good ratings, leave them OOP.
    FrannaFt99 likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    ok, cool
    he's going to be an expensive sub, but at least he can fill in on a lot of positions

I finally got me an 18yo ST. So now one 31yo sub who's been playing great (7s & 8s), my 2 late 20s STs who've been great for 2 seasons and a youngun to train

Cost me 1.39M and only 1T, sniped 2 guys and they didnt bid on 2nd round

Always nice to buy for 1 token congrats have you tried training him yet ???

Rookie
    Always nice to buy for 1 token congrats have you tried training him yet ???
    Just normal training right now, played in 1 friendly, only got a 7 compared to his strike partner who got MoM
    Playing in today's Lge match as I'm saving my preferred pairing for the CL game. I thought they were late 20s but are only 24 & 26, but low Q and value.
    However, they have 8s & 9s in their last 5 CL matches

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast