Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Rookie
    Tough to judge what it does unless you play the same formation with the same form against the same team with the same formation and the same form.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    You've got nearly a full squad except for those 2 injuries.
    If those are minor injuries and they're important 1st teamers, I'd use 1st Aid packs so that they recover condition in the meanwhile

As above

I've also switched from sending Skill pts to Rests as gifts for this busy season
    You'll pick up some tokens from the daily log-in TV deal, but try to save them for your Youth Players.
    I'm waiting out my thread bare team for my 2 new recruits in 4 days, then going to upgrade the Academy twice maybe 3rd time if it'll allow me (should have all category by L2 by then)

I'm hoping to stay in the Cups & CL as long as poss for the win bonuses (worth investing in win bonuses for the team because of this, unless someone can categorically show win bonuses make no difference)

I also spent the end of last season picking up cheap players for token to strengthen my squad and replace retirees

LOL
    At lower levels I think win bonus is a waste. I prefer to have the money because at level 9, It just cost me $11.3M for the last part of my level 9 stadium. so if memory serves me correctly, it cost me over $40M for the stadium to go to level 9, which allows me to be able to finish 2 of the remaining 5 buildings, the training facility and the pitch. I still need level 10/11 stadium to finish the medical, utilities and garage and winning the league is NOT going to get me that.

What I am trying to say is that it is not proven that win bonus helps win. it, in theory, gives your players better morale or incentive to play better. Until Nordeus confirms what it actually does, then its a crapshoot. At lower levels you need money. Frankly at every level you need money if you want to win. I am looking for a DC/DR right now in level 9 and am going to spend $15M minimum for 18/19/20 yo because anything else is a waste of money and tokens.

as you get in higher levels, you need to be more picky when it comes to buying players. IF you buy tokens, then this doesnt really apply to you since you can always buy more tokens and money. But you will find that tanking a season and building up your bank account and boosters is essential to succeeding. Dont be so hasty to advance levels, because you will soon find that you cant afford the quality players you need to win at the new level. I am tanking 3 of my 5 accounts this season so they can build up their 2/3/4* players to 4/5* players for next season and to give me money for new 18/19 yo players.

So at the lower levels where it is easier to win, save your money and set your win bonus to one position over zero. It is usually 5 positions or amounts, and if it does anything positive at least you have a minimum bonus while still giving you a profit from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Duffy View Post
    Tough to judge what it does unless you play the same formation with the same form against the same team with the same formation and the same form.
    I know thats true hun and I"ve just got 2 new better players !! but will see i'm in the same formation and similar quality against . I guess it may be what works for you etc , Hey lets hope it doesn't do any harm right ??? lol

Quick edit hay Mr Cracicot and welcome to the bootroom
    Last edited by Mo Meow Odom; 10-23-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Rookie
    It may not do any harm. Certainly hope not, but you will give up some cash.

It may not do any harm. Certainly hope not, but you will give up some cash.
    Cash that I need thats for sure but I also need a win ?????? hard or what ???

Rookie
    Of course it's ...Wait, you're not gonna trap me and get me banned.

Of course it's ...Wait, you're not gonna trap me and get me banned.
    lol and I've not even posted my pic in cheerleading outfit yet !!!!!!! lol

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    What I am trying to say is that it is not proven that win bonus helps win. it, in theory, gives your players better morale or incentive to play better. Until Nordeus confirms what it actually does, then its a crapshoot. At lower levels you need money. Frankly at every level you need money if you want to win. I am looking for a DC/DR right now in level 9 and am going to spend $15M minimum for 18/19/20 yo because anything else is a waste of money and tokens.

as you get in higher levels, you need to be more picky when it comes to buying players. IF you buy tokens, then this doesnt really apply to you since you can always buy more tokens and money. But you will find that tanking a season and building up your bank account and boosters is essential to succeeding. Dont be so hasty to advance levels, because you will soon find that you cant afford the quality players you need to win at the new level. I am tanking 3 of my 5 accounts this season so they can build up their 2/3/4* players to 4/5* players for next season and to give me money for new 18/19 yo players.

So at the lower levels where it is easier to win, save your money and set your win bonus to one position over zero. It is usually 5 positions or amounts, and if it does anything positive at least you have a minimum bonus while still giving you a profit from the game.
    Thanks for all the input guys
    Yeah, this is what I've done, set my CL & Cup games at 1st option for win Bonus ($7.5k and only because theres a 100k prize for a win)
    I dropped my Win Bonus to zero in my 1st season as I still lost a few games and won most of my games with 0 bonus.
    Hell, most of the games I've missed I've won convincingly lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys
    Yeah, this is what I've done, set my CL & Cup games at 1st option for win Bonus ($7.5k and only because theres a 100k prize for a win)
    I dropped my Win Bonus to zero in my 1st season as I still lost a few games and won most of my games with 0 bonus.
    Hell, most of the games I've missed I've won convincingly lol
    levels 1-3 are supposed to be easy to get you hooked.

I lost my cup game today 0-1 because I read the time wrong and came late to the party. I ended up lucky as 2 players got injured and were not SUBBED! WTF! so he scored against me when i was a man down and then another man down....i would hope for a troll result but based on the final score I think the manager (who was watching) is pissed he did not win by 8 goals.

That being said, I pumped the win bonus up to full for the next cup game obviously. the prize for the game is $1.8M and the win bonus is $1.6M, so it matters not about the money, only that I win the next game. If it helps, so be it.

Hello everyone!! Reporting here two draws today. I didnt support my team in any of the two matches and was at away field facing a 4-4-2 both games. I like my chances to advance to 3rd Cup round.
    Mo Meow Odom likes this.

Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast