Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys
    Yeah, this is what I've done, set my CL & Cup games at 1st option for win Bonus ($7.5k and only because theres a 100k prize for a win)
    I dropped my Win Bonus to zero in my 1st season as I still lost a few games and won most of my games with 0 bonus.
    Hell, most of the games I've missed I've won convincingly lol
    I keep no win bonus at all. Right now, I am just in the second round of cup, won the first leg of this round 1-0 and was thinking whether to keep a bonus for next leg which is away just to keep it safe......

Quote Originally Posted by betobarros View Post
    Hello everyone!! Reporting here two draws today. I didnt support my team in any of the two matches and was at away field facing a 4-4-2 both games. I like my chances to advance to 3rd Cup round.
    What formation did u play???
    well, this reminds me to keep u informed.
    So, I won the first leg of the 2nd cup round against All Stars FC 1-0 with my ST Krushovski scoring again to take his tally to 5 goals in 4 matches. 2 from 3 in cup and 3 from 1 in League!!! He scored now from a corner crossed in by MC Ledent. But it was my keeper Etim who got the rating of 9 and MoM for 5 fantastic saves!!! He is my superman goalie!!!
    Was playing against 4-2N-1-3 and was using 3N-1-3W-1-2. My 2 MCs were out of position playing ML/MR but did well. Will play the same formation in the 2nd leg unless he changes his.
    Cheers and my I win the Cup this time!!!
    All the best to all!!!
    Mo Meow Odom and betobarros like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    What formation did u play???
    well, this reminds me to keep u informed.
    So, I won the first leg of the 2nd cup round against All Stars FC 1-0 with my ST Krushovski scoring again to take his tally to 5 goals in 4 matches. 2 from 3 in cup and 3 from 1 in League!!! He scored now from a corner crossed in by MC Ledent. But it was my keeper Etim who got the rating of 9 and MoM for 5 fantastic saves!!! He is my superman goalie!!!
    Was playing against 4-2N-1-3 and was using 3N-1-3W-1-2. My 2 MCs were out of position playing ML/MR but did well. Will play the same formation in the 2nd leg unless he changes his.
    Cheers and my I win the Cup this time!!!
    All the best to all!!!
    Excellent my friend!! keep up the good work.

I'm playing a 3N-1DMC-4-1AMC-1 against the 4-4-2. So far, one win and two draws, all three matches played away
    Mo Meow Odom likes this.

Rookie
    Current level = 4

League Goal - Take the title, i lost it on GD in level 3 to my friend, but won it in level 1 and 2.

Cup Goal - Knocked at in first round twice, runner up once. Want to get to semis.

CL Goal - Failed to get past the last 16 on last two occassions loosing out on the away goal ( Both ties always a draw )

Transfer market goal - I had a solid defence last season, but didnt score the goals ( I had one striker who scored always injured, and another who never got injured but scored twice )

Current progress

League - 2 wins, 8 goals scored 1 conceded.

Cup - First round was nervous, my old team lost 0-1 at home, but with additions i made i won the 2nd leg 0-2. To advance. I drew in the 2nd round 1-1 away from home.

CL - Won 2-1 at home.

Transfer market. -
    Sales - 3* 24 q DC ( Aerial defender ) My 1* backup GK and my 1* backup MC.
    Bought - 3 x ST, 1 x DC, 1 X AMC, 1 x MC, 1 x GK.

So far my additions have fit in well. And have become valuable assests.

Formations played.

4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond
    4-1-2-3.
    4-3-3.

At the moment im electing a 4-1-2-3 due to teams playing a DMC, so my young AMC who is a real starlet playing 2 games and getting mom twice. Once people stop playing DMC's, i will go back to my prefered 4-1-2-1-2 ND.

On a whole i feel this season will go well, as i bought wisely, and have got a strong squad with depth.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Some of us play a DMC for 95% of our matches... sometimes even *two* ...just sayin' you maybe will find a fan of 3-1-4-2 & Maple Leaf (such as myself, these formations I started with, I play others now as well, but those are what my team was built around) in your league, it's a good thing ya got a swell AMC.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

forgot i havent checked out this thread to report progress
    been doing well, could do better. tied against my strongest CL groupee away (shouldve been a win)
    making it through the cup even against better teams
    smashing the league pretty well

sad thing is my money and tokens arent improving
    and that my injury problems like a rolling door, 1 just came back another goes through
    Cat Harrison and Raykco like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

I feel it is pointless to play 2 DMCs with 4 defenders at back. Why to keep 6 players behind half line??? I always like to play 4 at back but if I need to keep players up ahead, and my opponent has no wingers, I play 3N behind in defence. And my Defenders are always assisted by 1b DMC, no matter how many AMCs the opponent has.

Won the 2nd League match 2-0 with my MC Ledent scoring one and ST Perbet scoring another from a corner.
    Now the problem is, I have my next League match at 10:00pm tonight. Then another League match at 2:00am after 12 o'clock midnight tonight(i.e 4 hours after the league match at 10). And just one hour after this, at 3:00am, I got my away leg of the 2nd round of Cup, which I won 1-0 at home and need to win. I will be able to make it to the 10 o'clock match but not sure about the other two. Will keep u informed.
    Mo Meow Odom and Raykco like this.

wow seriously bad times !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Rookie
    Possible to move one of those games, Saransh?
    Raykco likes this.

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast