Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How did I lose 6-1?!!!!!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I get the feeling that your not getting what I'm trying to get at here.

Im not complaining that I lost to a weaker team. Had I lost 1-0 or my players had had a nightmare of a game then fair enough but my players had a decent game but lost 6-1 to a far weaker team. For me it shows how crap this match engine is and how tactics, match ratings and alot of other things in this game count for nothing.
    You are saying that a lesser quality team shouldn't be allowed to beat your team by 5 goals. Why not? Shouldn't a weaker team on paper be allowed to win? should the underdog always give up and never expect to win? Do you always expect to lose to teams that are better than you? Have you no respect for the manager and team who beat you? Can't you say well played to the other team? Does it hurt you that much?

Your players might have played well but your opposition played better, had better tactics and they won. Would you be crying and calling it a troll result if you had beaten a team with Q10 better than you? or would you be thinking you were a great tactician?

Weaker teams will beat better teams, that's football.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    You are saying that a lesser quality team shouldn't be allowed to beat your team by 5 goals. Why not? Shouldn't a weaker team on paper be allowed to win? should the underdog always give up and never expect to win? Do you always expect to lose to teams that are better than you? Have you no respect for the manager and team who beat you? Can't you say well played to the other team? Does it hurt you that much?

Your players might have played well but your opposition played better, had better tactics and they won. Would you be crying and calling it a troll result if you had beaten a team with Q10 better than you? or would you be thinking you were a great tactician?

Put it this way if Man Utd were to play a much weaker team and every player played well for Man Utd then you would expect them to win? Now I know football is strange and the weaker team might get lucky and win but to 6-1 is not going happen. It might happen if Man Utd players all had a nightmare and their opponents played out of their skin.

Forget that my team were stronger and were at home and had more possession...how can my players get the match ratings they did and yet lose 6-1? If they got 4's and 5's then fair enough but they didn't. It's stupid and shows this game for the crap that it is.

Honestly with this game I would never think im a great tactician, especially not after a few weeks ago when someone showed just how little formations and tactics matter in this game.
    TypTex likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Put it this way if Man Utd were to play a much weaker team and every player played well for Man Utd then you would expect them to win? Now I know football is strange and the weaker team might get lucky and win but to 6-1 is not going happen. It might happen if Man Utd players all had a nightmare and their opponents played out of their skin.

Forget that my team were stronger and were at home and had more possession...how can my players get the match ratings they did and yet lose 6-1? If they got 4's and 5's then fair enough but they didn't. It's stupid and shows this game for the crap that it is.

Honestly with this game I would never think im a great tactician, especially not after a few weeks ago when someone showed just how little formations and tactics matter in this game.
    Yeah ok )) I take your point.

I'm just arguing for the sake of the underdog. Just parted with the best part of £100 for my Man City away tickets and trying to justify it to myself that we've got a chance. I'm pro the massive underdogs for the next week or so ))

4am
    Rookie
    But not usually by six goals to one.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post
    But not usually by six goals to one.
    Gotta dream the dream, anything is possible, unlikely maybe be, but still possible. Maybe.

Yesterday even i won the match by big margin........ a also have small ratings team.......... and won a champion.....
    TypTex likes this.

Yeah ok )) I take your point.

I'm just arguing for the sake of the underdog. Just parted with the best part of £100 for my Man City away tickets and trying to justify it to myself that we've got a chance. I'm pro the massive underdogs for the next week or so ))
    Like 4am said weaker teams will not beat stronger teams 6-1 away from home. If I had lost by one goal then fair enough that does happen.

As for sucking it up and getting on with it and backing your team that you said earlier, as I said to you in another thread, I support Rangers and if ever there was a group of supporters who just got on with it and backed their team no matter what then it's us. I paid over £300 for my season ticket last year to watch 4th teir Scottish football and ive done the same this year for 3rd teir football as have over 40000 other Rangers fans.

Good luck against City. It's a bit like us when we played in Europe, you know you will probably lose but you just might win and then it will have been the best money you've ever spent. That's the beauty of football, you just never know. Although I will 100% guarantee you one thing....you won't beat them 6-1!!!!
    TypTex likes this.

Sully;190750]I played 4-4-2 he used 4-3W-1-1. As for tactics itayfranko had already shown that formations count for nothing on another thread a few weeks ago.

If your theory on match ratings Is correct then losing 6-1 you'd think alot of my players were outplayed but my GK and 4 defenders all got a 7 I would expect them to be getting 5's.

Freak results happen but to lose 6-1 at home to a team nearly 10* worse than me?[/QUOTE]

Sorry everyone I made a mistake with the above post.

Tonight I have the return fixture in the Champions league against the team that beat me 6-1. I went back to look at the last game to see what I could change and I noticed that he didn't play 4-3W1-1 as i stated above. He actually played 4-1-3W-2. So i went to the formation and tactics page on this forum to have a look at the what counter formation to use and what is the formation to counter 4-1-3W-2?......yep 4-4-2!!!! The very formation i used!!!!!

4am
    Rookie
    Gotta dream the dream, anything is possible, unlikely maybe be, but still possible. Maybe.
    Please read my post again taking particular note of the word 'usually' ... it's there for a reason!

Sully, it's my view that formations and tactics have little influence in T11. I think we're being (largely) duped.

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post
    Please read my post again taking particular note of the word 'usually' ... it's there for a reason!

Sully it's my view that formations and tactics have little influence in T11. I think we're being (largely) duped.
    I think we are being duped on more than just formations and tactics. Match stats, player match ratings, players morale and condition all mean nothing in T11 and your right we are being duped.

Only thing I can give Nordeus credit for is luring new players in who think this is a great game and is one of the best games out, I used to be one of them until about level 6 or 7 then you start to notice the major flaws. Then you try and contact Nordeus to bring up these flaws with them then your realise how bad it is by which time you have already spent money on buying tokens and really regret ever giving them a penny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast