• i ever so do not care

1 7.69%
  • what products? all i see is your terrible team showcase

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Streakers and Slumpers - The Theory of Team Form

im still a bit iffy about the hidden teamwork value though. many people on both sides of the fence TBH
    some say newly acquired players (scouts too) often times suck during their first week
    some say they rock (including me), all we know is, its a secret

i have noticed they rocked because i usually buy when my players are in a streak. of course thats just me, curious of what others have to say about this. did you buy that player during a slump? still hoping i get more replies from people with your pattern though, most people here have the same pattern as me
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

I bought him early in the season when I was building a decent run. And he didn't contribute to it, the other young MC did. My scouted player actually helped me out of the rut eventually. I believe it was more of a position preference rather than teamwork.

I have seldom been hit with mass injuries, but let's not jinx that...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

most players that hit +10 injuries (including myself) have a full 22 player team. i just keep things running with only 5 subs, on a budget.
    so far im not too ranty about injuries

funny thing is at the start of most seasons, ill get many injuries. now with both budget teams uninjured, im facing yet another slump where i cant even win in all 3 competitions. lets see what the following 2 weeks are like for me
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

kudos to cat

Not quite sure about the full squad = injury magnet theory because I played with a full squad in Seasons 1,2 & 4, with not much injury concern and probably only had 4-5 players out at a time in season 3.

Last season had a 20-man squad, probably had 4 players out at different times in the season. This season, I have a full squad and I have 4 out short-term, one was during the short pre-season, one was on opening day & 2 were injured yesterday in two different matches, but those I can blame on lack of match condition, both started with 75% condition.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

75% should be more than enough to play through a game. i had 3 games overnight with a player under 20% fitness/morale, i just checked my team and hes not injured after playing 3 games
    so your injuries are more spread apart compared to the usual lots of injuries during the opening week?

kudos to cat

Streakers and Slumpers - The Theory of Team Form-slumpstreak01.jpg

Streakers and Slumpers - The Theory of Team Form-slumpstreak.jpg

Suffered my fifth defeat in 8 competitive matches, losing to slightly weaker squads/first 11s. It could be an indication of a slump.

Been playing 4-4-2, 3-1-4-2, 3-4-1-2 in those 5 loses, which have served me well previously against some of the same opponents/formations.

Noted that:
    1. My strikers miss a hatful of chances even tho there is no change in field position
    2. I usually have the higher possesion & more chances created.
    3. Shot efficiency is always under 20%.
    4. One defender will always get a 6 or 5 rating, the rest can still get a 7 or 8.
    5. One or two players simply don't turn up (minus only 5-10% condition, as opposed to the usualy 15-20%)
    6. A lot of the time, MCs/DMCs are not performing.
    7. A player that is currently training Defensive wall SA, starting to not perform as well as before he started.
    8. A winger who just completed his Playmaker training is not providing assist/scoring goals like he used to

Suffered 3 short term injuries which usually take only a day or two to recover. No big deal.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

yep, the normal 1st week slump where were tempted to change our team a lot. this is your 1st time experiencing it? im finally out of the slump with mediocre performance, still havent shifted to 2nd week yet

the SA thing is weird though. many people say your players need time to get used to a new position/ability, and will often perform terribly for a few days. ive only trained 2 players another position, and they sucked for a 4 days. funny part is they were playing the same position and stuff

kudos to cat

Yup this is my first early season slump in 5 seasons. I've changed formation for tonight's encounter with an unpredictable opponent. Lets see

Pop

I want to change the surfer league and to be with my friends in the same league

Famous
    Facts:

-Im currently visiting* level3 with currently 32.9 avg team
    -playing "goalie" (narrow diamond) formation, never changing that before match time (sometimes if i got yellow card i change the tackle to easy and/or change to normal attacking, not whole pitch at my games... etc)
    -every time im sitting (and nervously jumping from injuries) and watching my games (yes im commited )
    -got red packs from viewing ads on phone**
    -i have only 1 res prior for injuries

AND YES! I HAVE INJURIES EVERY F*****G DAY! 1 "mandatory" injury from match and 1 obligatory from practices! annoyed first time but im getting use to it

*1st season: late beginner, taking my team as 13th finishing at 3rd
    2nd season: heroic league win (fightning with an almost exactly avg korean guy for first place) and easy CL win, defeated at cup from a weaker team
    3rd season: currently winning league and seems like my CL is ridiculous too and im gonna win both (hope)... and my cup is strong with 4th (5th) grade teams -.-

** and i have a theory if u have lot of red packs u get injuries mandatory...

thats all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123